[Serie A] JUVENTUS 0-1 Udinese (August 23rd, 2015) (2 Viewers)

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I think a team that plays Dybala upfront would score more goals than a team that plays Icardi upfront, even though Icardi would score more goals than Dybala

Someone just mentioned Toni's success too. Put him in Juventus lineup instead of Tevez last season and Juve will score significantly less goals.

There is a reason why teams that play old-style centerforwards don't tend to win anything.
You are so right.And this is especially with Bayern playing Lewandowski and before that Mandzukic.With Mario they win CL but that is not a prestigious tournament.

delpierofan82

Apr 24, 2005
It wasn't our the best performance by far, but I don't see any reasons for the way most of you are panicking here.

Juve was the better team and we should have scored not once. When Udinese scored that was their first shot on goal and that was the moment when we saw buffon for the first time in play as well. So nobody can say that we were worst team, or even they were anywhere close to being remotely equal to Juve. With this kind of performance it would be logical that we won this match, but in football the better team doesn't always win. That is the main moral of the match.

Now, having said that, we still need to learn something from the match. Which is that some players are not that trustworthy and also that we need some creative AM/Trequartista that will help us in unfortunate situations like this. Pogba is not AM or Trequartista and he cannot handle that role any time soon or at all.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
You are so right.And this is especially with Bayern playing Lewandowski and before that Mandzukic.With Mario they win CL but that is not a prestigious tournament.
Wow, you found exceptions to what I said. I never said it was impossible to win with an old-fashioned center-forward. Lewandowski is quite a well-rounded striker. Definitely isn't a poacher. The difference between Bayern with him up front and Mandzukic is quite substantial though, and I think it helps prove my point.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Wow, you found exceptions to what I said. I never said it was impossible to win with an old-fashioned center-forward. Lewandowski is quite a well-rounded striker. Definitely isn't a poacher. The difference between Bayern with him up front and Mandzukic is quite substantial though, and I think it helps prove my point.
You don't have a point. Starting from that a good striker cannot be a good player etc.,but whatever.

Fumo

Oct 23, 2014
Tactics and lineup the mister got completely wrong. It was a coward's approach to this game. 1st game of the season at home and we go out with 3 centerbacks and only 2 attackers.. the kind of strategy which easily backfires, and it did to us deservedly! We deserved no more from this one.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
You don't have a point. Starting from that a good striker cannot be a good player etc.,but whatever.
You're making things up now. I clearly didn't say that

I find your dismissive attitude a little pathetic. The concept of a striker being a fantastic finisher, but a poor footballer in general isn't as asinine as you make it seem.

For example. As fantastic a striker as Inzagi was I don't think a team could win a competitive league with a striker like him nowadays. I think football has moved on.

All I was trying to say is that sometimes a striker that scores less would increase the total output of a side vs someone who scores more. Not an outlandish claim. Yet some people can't get past this simplistic notion that, "he's a striker, all he has do is score goals"

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I take no specific pride in my nationality, dont worry
As the most insulted Belgian on this forum I can tell you that this concept is completely foreign to most forum members. They don't get that most Belgians care very little about nationality as such. It's convenient because life is okay in Belgium and as a Belgian you can easily travel the world, but no one is particularly proud about being Belgian.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
So pretty much everyone started poorly bar Inter, not worried, hopefully gives us a good kick in the ass. What I find hilarious is all these journalists coming out and saying its all over for Juve :howler:
Didn't see the match ,but they scored against a 10 man atalanta team in the 93rd minute so I wouldn't say they had a good start .

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
My post-game analysis:

-All we needed was one goal and the game would have been finished. We were wasteful but even in the boring 352 without Pirlo,Tevez or thee other guy we still managed a gazillion chances we didn't convert.
-Need Marchisio ASAP in that regista role. (Nothing against Padoin). Our flow is much more controlled and purposeful IMO.
-Morata pls
-Dyabala pls

Not much to say really. We were wasteful. Shit happens and it happened against Udinese in round 1. It is going to take some time to get the knots out and once we get some of our key players back we will be fine.

shit balls - just saw we signed Cuadrado. Yeah. We will be fine. No need to knee jerk about the loss. As you say, was an interesting start to the league.
Exactly.
We are in a desperate need for a playmaker.
Yup.

Papi-a

May 9, 2006
I hate 3-5-2! its terible!!

- Allegri made wrong subs, and Pogba played his worst ever game in our shirt! Coman schould have stayed on the pitch and so schould Perreya!

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Allegri's only mistake not starting Dybala IMO, the rest he got them correct.

This game could have ended 5-0 but it was the typical type of match where if you don't use your 50 chances to score you will eventually concede in the last 10min.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve played okay for the most part in that game.

Clearly Juve weren't going to be brilliant because there wasn't enough quality in midfield to move the ball quickly and really open up Udinese.

But Juve still got themselves into more than enough good positions to win the game pretty comfortably.

Mandzukic has to take a lot of stick for that game. He has to score at least one goal in that game given the chances he had. One also has to ask why he wasn't attacking the near post at other times when Juve put some good crosses into the box.

Pogba was also underwhelming, which was okay when he had last season's midfield around him, but there was a lot of pressure on him to take responsibility yesterday and he didn't do enough.

As for the goal that was conceded, it was clearly a poor lapse from Lichtsteiner to be caught ball watching like that. I would also question whether Buffon could have come off his line to get the cross.

Anyway, I wouldn't be reading too much into that game because of the line-up Juve were forced to field. And you get a couple of games like that evry season when you do enough to win and get suckered.

Anything bad happening in the first game of the season always draws an overreation because because whateve bad thing has happened in 100% of the games so far and presumably will happen in 100% of subsequent games as well.

Jul 20, 2012
Juve played okay for the most part in that game.

Clearly Juve weren't going to be brilliant because there wasn't enough quality in midfield to move the ball quickly and really open up Udinese.

But Juve still got themselves into more than enough good positions to win the game pretty comfortably.

Mandzukic has to take a lot of stick for that game. He has to score at least one goal in that game give the chances he had. One also has to ask why he wasn't attacking the near post at other times when Juve put some good crosses into the box.

Pogba was also underwhelming, which was okay when he had last season's midfield around him, but there was a lot of pressure on him to take responsibility yesterday and he didn't do enough.

As for the goal that was conceded, it was clearly a poor lapse from Lichtsteiner to be caught ball watching like that. I would also question whether Buffon could have come off his line to get the cross.

Anyway, I wouldn't be reading too much into that game because of the line-up Juve were forced to field. And you get a couple of games like that evry season when you do enough to win and get suckered.

Anything bad happening in the first game of the season always draws an overreation because because whateve bad thing has happened in 100% of the games so far and presumably will happen in 100% of subsequent games as well.
:tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)