[SERIE A] inter vs JUVENTUS (11/22/08) (6 Viewers)

Your prediction?

• Juventus win

• Draw

• Merda win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jun 13, 2007
The team went into a game looking for a draw, we were shit in the first half and aimlessly controlled the ball a little more in the second. We had no strategy when going forward. Our wing play was terrible, slow, and predictable.

The good news is that Ranieri will finally stop playing Nedved and Marchionni every single game. Finally some room for some much needed change. I expect o see Giovinco a lot more in the coming games for Neddy. Camo will play instead of Marchionni. Marchisio was decent, I wouldn't mind him although Tiago does offer more balance.

Player ratings.

Manninger 6 - He made some good saves, I thought he could have even saved Muntari's shot instead of complaining for offside. Sold overall.

Molinaro 4.5- He ran a lot as usual, he tried to come forward. I felt he was almost scared from Ibra though and let his guard down a number of times.

Chiellini 5.5 - I thought he was very good, our best defender by far.

Legro 4- Made a mistake you simply do not make in derbies. I think he didn't expect Marchisio's pass at all. Improved in the second half.

Grygera 3.5- He did nothing, was non-existent. He had some of the worst crosses I'd ever seen, and some very lazy defending. Not his night.

Sissoko- 6- Our best player in the middle. Stole the ball beautifully throughout the game.

Marchisio- 5.5 - He did well given the circumstances. He should play more often.

Marchionni 4 - He was not at all dangerous. He was predictable and slow.

Nedved 4 - Same as Marchionni.

Del piero 5.5- He was brilliant at times. he didn't get enough of the ball and this game was one of the typically physical encounters in which Alex never gets the chance to shine.

Amauri 4.5- The big man tried hard, he got no service. Materazzi had his pink shoes, I think he was pissed off because of that.

Subs

Camo- 5.5- I don't know why he didn't start. We need him, we have zero creativity without him in our midfield.

IQ -

Tiago -

Ranieri - 4 He got it all wrong today. The offside trap was shaky to say the least. The team went in satisfied with a draw. We were too defensive and it was obvious Camo had to start this one.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
And should we deserve to defeat Inter in the San Siro? I mean you always never say die as a Juventino, but this club and its players do not deserve to. Flat out. I don't want this board getting all cocky, thinking that their dubious transfer strategy and investments is sufficient to win the silverware this team deserves.

I was surprised that Inter pressed a sort of long-ball strategy, and our offside trap was working for the most part. But it sure made for a lot of nervous moments and goalie reflexes. We were completely made vulnerable on the wings -- and rightly so. It's where our defense is weakest.

Offensively was the big disappointment, however. While we showed decent build-up at times, it was always squandered in a mass of legs and blocked passes and shots as we got close to the Inter box. That is where we truly lost this match today. And my ratings reflect that.

Manninger - 6.5 - Some class reflex moves. But a couple of mental mistakes. Can't fault him for the goal. Sort of have to give him our MOM.

Grygera - 4.5 - Left us exposed on the wing far too often. Did nothing offensively either. Pretty useless.

Legrottaglie - 6 - One huge mistake that fortunately wasn't converted, but otherwise I don't think he was so terrible.

Chiellini - 6 - Last season he came up monstrously in both matches against Zlatan. This one was 50/50.

Molinaro - 5.5 - Not terrible, not great. Covered better than Grygera.

Marchionni - 4.5 - Generally useless.

Marchisio - 6 - I liked his play, even if it was mostly at the defensive end. Some decent crosses too. But we missed Tiago's offensive presence.

Sissoko - 6 - Sure, he didn't offer much for passing, but his challenges were mostly on.

Nedved - 5 - Did not do enough to trigger much of anything in attack.

Del Piero - 5.5 - Caught up in legs too often. Could not operate in closely guarded quarters.

Amauri - 4.5 - Perhaps his worst match as a juventino.

Subs:

Tiago - NR - I'm putting him here instead of as a starter because he was a non-factor.

Camoranesi - 5.5 - Should have done so much more than Marchionni, but only managed a little.

Iaquinta - NR - Zero impact.

Coach:

Ranieri - 5 - Lacked creative ideas to crack Inter, but managed to keep the team mathematically in this match for the most part. And it's not like we're oozing with brilliant subs on the bench. But the absence of Giovinco in situations like this is starting to become criminal.
I don't think Legro deserved that much.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
Nedved shouldn't even be playing. I've maintained that stance for a while now. Giovinco should be playing but Ranieri is just a dotard. I hate him.
Nedved is only playing because Sebastian Giovinco is crap. I hope F. Rossi and Guiseppo Giovinco comes good, Pasquato comes back soon and you can forget Sebastian Giovinco.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Nedved is only playing because Sebastian Giovinco is crap. I hope F. Rossi and Guiseppo Giovinco comes good, Pasquato comes back soon and you can forget Sebastian Giovinco.
and how do you know that Giovinco Sr. is crap? where did you see him play, in your dreams?

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
They are 6points ahead of us.... Nothing is lost, we can turn this around if we focus more and not repeat the mistakes we've done today. Good thing is that we play home in the 2nd leg with them.

Nothing is over yet boys. Some of you got to learn this.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
excellent ratings swag, all of the are 100% correct
Thanks. Unlike some, I don't think a "the sky is falling" review with every player getting scores under 4 is warranted when losing to Inter 1-0 at the San Siro in a game that wasn't exactly an Inter cakewalk.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
are u for real?!?!?! i mean on what basis did u get to that conclusion. when giovinco gets enough playing time then come back and say that but until then i think thats a bit too premature to say

Sep 14, 2003
The only problem I see with playing Giovinco is that due to the fact that he barely plays, he can't be in reasonable shape or have any kind of form. It's a catch 22 situation. He HAS to get some playing time now instead of waiting for the fucking Coppa Italia.

Well done Ranieri.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,000
    I hate the way we play that compact formation where we leave both wings available to the opposition. It doesn't help also that our fullbacks and wingers blow. We play 2 DM's so we can cover the wings and let Momo and another DM take care of the middle.

The offside trap works(for now) but gives me chills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)