[Serie A] Inter - Juventus (7 Viewers)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

No please , no more Tudor in midfield , go with tachinardi , tudor is defender his passing skills sucks not mentioning holding the ball under that pressure
Tudor is allways confused, when he comes as a substitute.. if he was there, he was gonna score an own goal to 2-3 ;)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

cant think otherwise when we had such results thus far. what bothers me though, nedved should be allowed to his free role again, he's much better then imo.
That would not work Vil, because then the left side would have a "hole" in one of the two walls of 4 which lay in front of Buffon. Capello's tactics calls for everyone to be in position while defending, in which if Nedved has freedom to roam, the team will not be properly balanced. The wing midfielders have an important role to secure the area to the sides of Zebina and Zambrotta respectively, so the latter two can move more central.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Moratti says, that he did not see a great juve yesterday.. well I think juve was so dominating until the 1-2. Inter had no chance. THEY WERE LUCKY TO COME BACK INTO THE GAME..
He says, Inter should had becomed a penalty.. That was not clear IMO. I think Toldo must had seen red after his foul on Zlayeta..
I hate moratti, he can not get the scudetto, and says that the refress are to blame.. I don´t think that they are to blame that Inter has 11 draws this season..;)

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
Camoranesi (Juventus)
The Italian-Argentinean winger has been phenomenal so far this season, one of the best Juve players. Unstoppable when dribbling, perfect crosses for the strikers and great creativity have turned him into one of the most important players of the Bianconeri this year.

Who wrote that? Is he blind or has he been confusing Camoranesi with someone else?

Goal.com a? I've almost fell down from my chair when I red that....

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
Moratti says, that he did not see a great juve yesterday..

He says, Inter should had becomed a penalty..
Why do you think he is called Mad Max Moratti? ;)

If he knew anything thing about football, he would never of bought Inter :howler:

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #628
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Even though these respective players are not doing as much, I still prefer this system to Lippi's, obviously. Nedved and Zambrotta only need one touch to change the face of the match.
    I prefer the system to Lippi's as well but Zambrotta has been a shadow of the player he was last season. I don't know if it is because he has to share the left flank with Nedved, but he doesn't attack near as often as before. He used to be such a threat running at defenders from deep but he is very much a stay at home defender nowadays. Even Zebina makes more forward runs than him.

As for Nedved, he's done great things as a winger for Lazio and as recently as Euro 2004, he'll be back. He still drifts into the centre with regularity and it's not like if he hasn't had his moments so far this season.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Yeah, a writer who is a Juventus fan actually. Not sure if he posts here or not.

Glenn Debatista, aka Zizou, one of my favourite guys on the forum. Doesnt post that much anymore tho.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Glenn Debatista, aka Zizou, one of my favourite guys on the forum. Doesnt post that much anymore tho.

Yes, I know, I used to write for him. At least he treats all of our players equally, not just Del Piero and Nedved. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I prefer the system to Lippi's as well but Zambrotta has been a shadow of the player he was last season. I don't know if it is because he has to share the left flank with Nedved, but he doesn't attack near as often as before. He used to be such a threat running at defenders from deep but he is very much a stay at home defender nowadays. Even Zebina makes more forward runs than him.
    That is true, and the only reason that comes to mind is that Nedved moves more freely than Camoranesi, so since Pavel does move more towards the center, Zambrotta does not pull up that much. But then again, one would think that Zambrotta would take the space that Pavel left free, which he does, but not as often as last year. Camoranesi is primairly a winger, and I see Zebina forward more often as well. So beats me. But it's probably down to Capello's tactics rather than Zambrotta's and Nedved's form.

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
    I simply don't get some of Juve" Fans" that post here, I mean, we draw against Inter in Inter home, and now we are the woest team in Seriae A and our defence sucks, and we are not going to win the chapionchip!!!

Common!!! we played a great match, we deserve to win, Inter score two great goals, thats soccer somethimes you win, somethimes you draw and somethimes you lose, but the important thing is that Juve is showing great form.

You have to remember that we were without Trez and Del Piero, and still manage to dominate the match.

Our defece is the best defence in Serie A, some of you have to remember this, we have a great offensive line, Zlatan has score 6 goasl, Zla 5 goals, DP 5 goasl, and Trez 4 goals....

So, please don't make and ocean from a drop of water...

i must agree , juve performance is great at the moment , but we still need to take the whole 3 points , that what counts at the end of the season ,, when u loose 2 goals lead u should discuss it.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

loosing the ball twice isn't that bad besides davids was mostly on the left side emerson needed to protect the whole line
    Ok, and davids lost the at least 2 times against Camoranesi..;)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    My Ratings:

Buffon - [6] was confident, but fumbled a corner and by his high standards, he should have saved that first goal from a tight angle. Get's an extra .5 for the Vieri header save.

Zebina - [7] Did well defensively and pushed forward durring attack. I'm honeslty surprised at how confident and tough he is. Well done marking Adriano in the first half too.

Thuram - [6] Did well most of the game. His mis-timed header attempt that was clumsy could have cost Juve a PK. Bad positioning on both goals.

Cannavaro - [7] Made some very nicely-timed interceptions and tackles. Held Adriano well in the second half. Played more like a stopper than a sweeper.

Zambrotta - [6] Was good defensively, but didn't offer much in attack. I don't blame him for Adriano's goal. Quiet game for him.

Blasi - [6] Ran for the ball, made some good tackles and kept decent posession, though Stankovic was running free for patches durring the game. Was caught ball-watching when Recoba made that chip to Vieri leading to the first goal.

Emerson - [7.5] Linked the attack and defense very well. Made some great tackles and challanges. shot the ball into the stands from a good postition though.. I'll let that slide for all the good that he's done.

Nedved - [7] Did very well, but doesn't deserve an 8 because his goal was lucky as the shot was straight to Toldo. Positioned well in attack, but many passes never came from Zlatan and Zala.

Camoranesi - [7.5] Well done. Dribbled well, tackled well, passed better than usual, defended well too. His crosses weren't as sharp today though.

Zlatan - [6.5] It's great to have a player as tough as him who receive long balls and holds up defenders. Howeverm, I'm still not very convinced with him. He attempts tricky moves when a simple move is quicker and will do more damage. Attempting these moves and flicks in midfield is just reckless. Gets extra points for tracking back and helping out the defense. Cordoba dealt well with him considering the difference in height.

Zala - [6] First, let me start by saying that he's a great RESERVE STRIKER. He's no replacement for Trez though. For those who say that he did very well, I disagree. "Well," yes, but not "very well."
    <<1>> His/Nedved's 'goal' was pure luck. I won't give him ANY credit for this goal just as I won't put ANY blame on Thuram for deflecting a Reggina shot away from Buffon and into the net.
    <<2>> The PK that he caused was a mistake by Inter's defense. His 2nd touch to that attack forced him to round the keeper. The ball went to far and had toldo not hacked him down, Ze Maria and the Mihalovic(?) probably would have blocked a wide angle shot. In addition, his passing was very poor. His vision was horrible as he only knows how to pass to Camoranesi. On a few occasions he could have opened up the Inter defense with a pass to Nedved. I gave him credit though for running a lot and not loosing the ball while it's under his feet.

Capello - [5.5] This guy doesn't sub much. His last night was "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it" However, when you're opponents change to a 4-2-4 formation (With Zanetti and Ze Maria given more freedom to push forward), you need to get busy and counter that.

What I would have done at 2-1 down:
    Sub1 (@ 70'): Sub Blasi as he seemed tired (as Ghassan mentioned above) with Tacchinardi. Fresh legs were really needed.

Sub2 (After Inter's 1st goal): Take out Zalayeta or Zlatan and put Tudor to play 5-4-1. They had two tall forwards on (Vieri & Adriano). Wih Recoba and Martins pushing on each wing, Zebina and Zambrotta needed to be given more freedom to go wide. Pessotto would have done that, but it cost the width in the midfield.

Sub3 (After Inter's 1st goal): Olivera for Camo. For counter attacking. Camo looked tired.
    That is EXACTLY what I'm saying regarding Zala

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)