[Serie A] Inter - Juventus (20 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

I completely agree with you when it comes to our offense

Zala's goal was pure LUCK !!!! He couldnt do that again if someone had a gun to his head !!

With the 2nd goal, when Zala got it, he almost froze. Had Toldo not lost his cool, he could have stopped Zala's shot.Toldo did get a piece of the PK, also

With DP and Trez on the injury table so much, we NEED another striker. Zala doesnt cut it, and Zlatan is still a work in progress
Zala scored and got us a penalty. I doubt this is the right time to criticise him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
we were the better team through out the 2nd half, damn i knew it when vieri and recoba came on.....

Mancini didnt make the right move, he just gambled. and fortunately for him the move paid off :groan:
viery made the diffrence ,, luck helped them aswell

GRK

Guitar God
Oct 19, 2004
I was really dsappointed. After Juve's second goal, I was sure it was a done deal.
What happened at the end?

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
i liked what i saw from juve they performed well ,, my ratings :

gigi : average 6 i can't blame him for the goals

zebina : when u look at it that this is his first game after injury he deserves 7.5

zambrotta : hope he will regain his form back , didn't go forward as usual maybe capello instructions allowed martins to cross adriano's equlizer 6

thuram : he was great in marking martins , handled air balls very well , lost viery one time and he scored from that chance 7

cannavaro : disabled adriano 7

camo : i like his improvement this season , i usede to hate his lazy plays but he is more commited now 7.5

nedved : i am sure that he ran more than 15 kilometers scored a goal and davids denied his header from the line 7.5

emerson : man of the match 8.5 ,, no more comments

blasi : tried his best , got silly yellow card ,, but the match was tiering for him he should have been replaced in the last 15 min ,, 6.5

zlatan : his best game since coming to juve , he is growing game afte game his progress amazes me ,, made it hard for inter defence ,, 8

zalayeta : full of energy , did well , got a penalty , but still poor in terms of passing and holding the ball , 7

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
My Ratings:

Buffon - [6] was confident, but fumbled a corner and by his high standards, he should have saved that first goal from a tight angle. Get's an extra .5 for the Vieri header save.

Zebina - [7] Did well defensively and pushed forward durring attack. I'm honeslty surprised at how confident and tough he is. Well done marking Adriano in the first half too.

Thuram - [6] Did well most of the game. His mis-timed header attempt that was clumsy could have cost Juve a PK. Bad positioning on both goals.

Cannavaro - [7] Made some very nicely-timed interceptions and tackles. Held Adriano well in the second half. Played more like a stopper than a sweeper.

Zambrotta - [6] Was good defensively, but didn't offer much in attack. I don't blame him for Adriano's goal. Quiet game for him.

Blasi - [6] Ran for the ball, made some good tackles and kept decent posession, though Stankovic was running free for patches durring the game. Was caught ball-watching when Recoba made that chip to Vieri leading to the first goal.

Emerson - [7.5] Linked the attack and defense very well. Made some great tackles and challanges. shot the ball into the stands from a good postition though.. I'll let that slide for all the good that he's done.

Nedved - [7] Did very well, but doesn't deserve an 8 because his goal was lucky as the shot was straight to Toldo. Positioned well in attack, but many passes never came from Zlatan and Zala.

Camoranesi - [7.5] Well done. Dribbled well, tackled well, passed better than usual, defended well too. His crosses weren't as sharp today though.

Zlatan - [6.5] It's great to have a player as tough as him who receive long balls and holds up defenders. Howeverm, I'm still not very convinced with him. He attempts tricky moves when a simple move is quicker and will do more damage. Attempting these moves and flicks in midfield is just reckless. Gets extra points for tracking back and helping out the defense. Cordoba dealt well with him considering the difference in height.

Zala - [6] First, let me start by saying that he's a great RESERVE STRIKER. He's no replacement for Trez though. For those who say that he did very well, I disagree. "Well," yes, but not "very well."
<<1>> His/Nedved's 'goal' was pure luck. I won't give him ANY credit for this goal just as I won't put ANY blame on Thuram for deflecting a Reggina shot away from Buffon and into the net.
<<2>> The PK that he caused was a mistake by Inter's defense. His 2nd touch to that attack forced him to round the keeper. The ball went to far and had toldo not hacked him down, Ze Maria and the Mihalovic(?) probably would have blocked a wide angle shot. In addition, his passing was very poor. His vision was horrible as he only knows how to pass to Camoranesi. On a few occasions he could have opened up the Inter defense with a pass to Nedved. I gave him credit though for running a lot and not loosing the ball while it's under his feet.

Capello - [5.5] This guy doesn't sub much. His last night was "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it" However, when you're opponents change to a 4-2-4 formation (With Zanetti and Ze Maria given more freedom to push forward), you need to get busy and counter that.

What I would have done at 2-1 down:
Sub1 (@ 70'): Sub Blasi as he seemed tired (as Ghassan mentioned above) with Tacchinardi. Fresh legs were really needed.

Sub2 (After Inter's 1st goal): Take out Zalayeta or Zlatan and put Tudor to play 5-4-1. They had two tall forwards on (Vieri & Adriano). Wih Recoba and Martins pushing on each wing, Zebina and Zambrotta needed to be given more freedom to go wide. Pessotto would have done that, but it cost the width in the midfield.

Sub3 (After Inter's 1st goal): Olivera for Camo. For counter attacking. Camo looked tired.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #588
    My ratings:

Buffon - 6
    Zebina - 6
    Thuram - 6
    Cannavaro - 6.5
    Zambrotta - 6
    Camoranesi - 7
    Emerson - 6.5
    Blasi - 6
    Nedved - 6.5
    Zalayeta - 6.5
    Ibrahimovic - 7

OP
    Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #589
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Capello - [5.5] This guy doesn't sub much. His last night was "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it" However, when you're opponents change to a 4-2-4 formation (With Zanetti and Ze Maria given more freedom to push forward), you need to get busy and counter that.

What I would have done at 2-1 down:
    Sub1 (@ 70'): Sub Blasi as he seemed tired (as Ghassan mentioned above) with Tacchinardi. Fresh legs were really needed.

Sub2 (After Ibter's 1st goal): Take out Zalayeta or Zlatan and put Tudor to play 5-4-1. They had two tall forwards on (Vieri & Adriano). Wih Recoba and Martins pushing on each wing, Zebina and Zambrotta needed to be given more freedom to go wide. Pessotto would have done that, but it cost the width in the midfield.

Sub3 (After Inter's 1st goal): Olivera for Camo. For counter attacking. Camo looked tired.
    I agree, Capello should have made some changes when Inter changed to 4-2-4. I would've replaced Zalayeta with Kapo who would operate down the left allowing Nedved to come into the centre of a 4-2-3-1. When attacking Inter were using a 2-4-4 as Ze Maria and Zanetti forayed down the flanks and I think we should've tried to kill the game right there with a third goal, using the fresh legs of Kapo on the counter. And even if we didn't get that goal, we would have been able to disrupt Inter's approach play by outnumbering them in midfield and crowding out the spaces. If you're going to sit back and defend a lead do it properly with lots of men behind the ball. I would've brought Tudor on for Blasi.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Yes you're right about that.I'm proud of beeing Juventino.
    What do you meen about our mistakes,who made it?
    i didn't say anything about mistakes...i think...

or did i?

i don't remember :nervous:

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I would've brought Tudor on for Blasi.
    No please , no more Tudor in midfield , go with tachinardi , tudor is defender his passing skills sucks not mentioning holding the ball under that pressure

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    Well what can i say about this match , its a real shame , and it cost me 40 $. But am not mad, cuz it was a hard game , and we did not even have a full team on our hands.

Now to the match ;
    It was weird i couldn't sleep and i was waiting for the results online , it was 6:30 am and i had uni the next day.
    In the first half the guys played the ball but were a bit cautious but thats okk, its like a fact in big games.In the 2nd half they played very well and scored 2 goals, which is fantastic but then fell under the pressure and allowed to goals.
    I have a few points i want to explain:

1)The goals that were scored against us were a mere result of the pressure, for god's sake if u see the 2nd juve goal u would see that inter centered the ball and already recoba and vieri were already on the touchline. Its very tough to defend against 4 world class players, very tough.

2)For the ppl who blame thuram for the goals , i dont agree . In the first goal it wasn't anyone's fault it was either pure class or pure luck for vieri.The 2nd goal it wasnt thuram's fault , the whole line was out of place and i think that ordinarily buffon would get out and get a punch to that cross.
    but again it was hard time for defense its not easy, as i said.

3) NOW to capello, i think he had a good game, strong tactics. He didnt do anything wrong.
    A)There was no chance that tacchi would get to play or even appiah , even if blasi was tired.Tacchi would give away easy fouls that would be easily converted by(recoba,adriano,mijhilovic,even stankovic).And appiah is not that man for that man as u can't afford to misspass in this match and appiah does that alot.
    B)Introducing tudor would be a great risk, cana and thuram were doing soo well in stopping the attacks, and they were even developing a little pattern.Introducing tudor i think would have more negatives than positves.
    c)The only thing i agree on is putting kapo next zlatan in the attack, we needed fast legs and zala did a great job but fresh legs and especially a guy like kapo would be great to put the match into rest.
    However i think that if capello had OLIVERA he would get the chance.
    D)Capello had a vision i guess, that 4 attackers would inflict many offsides thats why the juve defense were playing on the trap, it did not succeed very much i guess.
    E)The other vision was that zambroo would do better in midfield then in defence thats why pessoto was brought in.But zambro didn't deliver and that was a major twist becuz it also closed up the midfield.

4) the last thing that i want to talk about is that , if we had both trezi and alex or even either of them , then the outcome of this game would be very different.Both of them have something that both zlatan, zala and even kapo dont have "experience", and they know how to finish an attack or start an attack. And if they underperformed then we could Sub. for zlatan or zala and the inter defense would be already weary and tired and things would be easier for them and they would get more chances.

Muha

The Head Physio
    Feb 25, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

No please , no more Tudor in midfield , go with tachinardi , tudor is defender his passing skills sucks not mentioning holding the ball under that pressure
    he meant taking out blasi to add one more defender

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    juve were unlucky a great performance , yes capello should have made changes as juves midfield was indeed very tired.

however we witnessed juve play a great match and come away with a point not a disastorus result, we will learn from our mistakes and grow stronger.

some people in here are critical if juve play below average and win they will moan and say the performance wasnt good enough

now we play a good game against a talented team and we were a bit unlucky and people complain again.

im not worried about milan when they visit turin we will extend our league lead
    ps watch out lazio its backlash time

be confident in your side

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
    just like to say also during the match it was cannavaro marking martins who he completley snuffed out, until he moved to the wing

and thram with help from zebina marking adriano

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    I really dont see what people around here are *****ing about, I'm more than happy with one point. It's never easy to get a point at the San Siro, especially againts an Inter side filled with so much quality.

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
    GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT

Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 5.5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 7.5 (Pessotto sv), Emerson 6, Blasi 6, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 7, Zalayeta 6.5

TUTTOSPORT
    Buffon 6; Zebina 5.5, Thuram 5.5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 6.5 (Pessotto sv), Emerson 6.5, Blasi 6, Nedved 6; Ibrahimovic 7, Zalayeta 6.5

CORRIERE DELLO SPORT

Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 5.5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6.5 (Pessotto sv), Emerson 6, Blasi 6, Nedved 7; Ibrahimovic 7, Zalayeta 6.5

LA STAMPA

Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 7 (Pessotto sv), Emerson 6.5, Blasi 6, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 7, Zalayeta 6.5

CORRIERE DELLA SERA

Buffon 6; Zebina 6.5, Thuram 6.5, Cannavaro 6.5, Zambrotta 6; Camoranesi 6.5 (Pessotto sv), Emerson 7, Blasi 6, Nedved 7; Ibrahimovic 7, Zalayeta 7

LA REPUBBLICA

Buffon 6; Zebina 6, Thuram 6, Cannavaro 6, Zambrotta 5.5; Camoranesi 6 (Pessotto sv), Emerson 6, Blasi 5.5, Nedved 6.5; Ibrahimovic 6.5, Zalayeta 6.5

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
    i liked what i saw from juve they performed well ,, my ratings :

gigi : average 6 i can't blame him for the goals

zebina : when u look at it that this is his first game after injury he deserves 7.5

zambrotta : hope he will regain his form back , didn't go forward as usual maybe capello instructions allowed martins to cross adriano's equlizer 6

thuram : he was great in marking martins , handled air balls very well , lost viery one time and he scored from that chance 7

cannavaro : disabled adriano 7

camo : i like his improvement this season , i usede to hate his lazy plays but he is more commited now 7.5

nedved : i am sure that he ran more than 15 kilometers scored a goal and davids denied his header from the line 7.5

emerson : man of the match 8.5 ,, no more comments

blasi : tried his best , got silly yellow card ,, but the match was tiering for him he should have been replaced in the last 15 min ,, 6.5

zlatan : his best game since coming to juve , he is growing game afte game his progress amazes me ,, made it hard for inter defence ,, 8

zalayeta : full of energy , did well , got a penalty , but still poor in terms of passing and holding the ball , 7

emerson got *****ed by davids the whole first half.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I really dont see what people around here are *****ing about, I'm more than happy with one point. It's never easy to get a point at the San Siro, especially againts an Inter side filled with so much quality.

exactly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)