[Serie A] Inter - Juventus (17 Viewers)

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
damn..this is very bitter....at 2-0 i was like at the top pf the world.. beating inter's unbeatable record with another clean sheet maintaining our own magnificient gaol agaianst record...

praise for zalayeta as he again prove to be very useful to us despite underserved critisim from his own fans ..( as if Del Piero constantly do any better :rolleyes:).... i dun understand how his act of turning nedved's half chance shot into a goal can turn back against him.. sure that was unintentional... but does it always need to be intentional ?...that unintentionalness acctually very important as it caught Toldo wrong footed as he was gaining on nedved's shot all the way until zalayeta's intervention...

and on his 2nd goal i thot he was pretty cooll..almost rounding Toldo mind you if not for the faul...

and i dun think inserting another defender is a bad idea when we were leading 2-0 for another 20 mimutes at san siro.... but the person who they changed i dun agree with.. pesotto should have come on for zalayeta....leaving zlatan on top ready for counter attack while still packing our midfield which is their light area at that moment.. i was kinda happy when the insert Viery and Recoba coz i thought we can take advantage of their unbalances.... you can guess how disgusted i felt afterwards,,

i am particualrly very dissapointed with thuram...i thot he was beaten too easy by vieri from tight angle and his positioning was rather lacking on Adrianos's....

damn...inter is the definite winner in that match..they still hold their draw record while we lose our infamous clean sheet :(

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 26, 2004
The much awaited 13th matchday’s late match ends with a draw (2-2). Double advantage for the Bianconeri, thanks to Zalayeta and Ibrahimovic (penalty), in a match dominated by Capello’s side until the final 15 minutes when Mancini introduced two more forwards and fought back to draw thanks to goals by Vieri and Adriano.

Fabio Capello gets Zebina back, after a long break due to injury. It soon seems clear that the French defender is in good condition and is precise in action, like when he counters Adriano in attack afer 38 minutes. The first occasions, for both sides, are on place kicks, for Mihajlovic after 5 minutes and Nedved after 8, and on long-range strikes, for Van der Meyde after 11 minutes and Blasi after 15. None of them, though, is dangerous enough, like those from Adriano and Ibrahimovic after 20 and 29 minutes respectively. In a tense first half, Bianconeri’s supremacy is shown by their dominance in the midfield, by the corners kicked and by Nedved’s header countered by former Bianconero Davids on the net’s line (35’).

During the break, Mancini replaces Favalli with Zè Maria, who’s in action right away nodding away Camoranesi’s dangeroug cross. The second half starts with Juventus dominating the game and constantly searching for the goal, finally found after 7 minutes with Nedved’s long-range strike deflected by Zalayeta with his knee (1-0). After the deserved advantage for the Bianconeri, Inter becomes dangerous after 17 minutes:a free kick for Mihajlovic, punched out by Buffon, and Cambiasso nearly intercepts the ball. Capello’s squad continues his game and doubles the score after 21 minutes on a penalty converted by Ibrahimovic, conceded by referee Rodomonti after Toldo brings Zalayeta down (2-0). Two goals down, Mancini replaces two midfielders, Davids and Van der Meyde, with two more forwards, Vieri and Recoba, who join Adriano and Martins. It’s the very former Bianconero Vieri, assisted by Stankovic, who scores with a powerful strike into the net. It’s 2-1 (33’). In a blistering finale, the Nerazzurri, all pushing in attack, fight back to grab the draw after 39 minutes with a goal by Adriano (2-2)

INTER - JUVENTUS 2-2
GOALS: 7'sh Zalayeta, 21'sh Ibrahimovic, 33'sh Vieri, 39'sh Adriano

INTER: Toldo, Zanetti, Cordoba, Mihajlovic, Favalli (1'sh Zè Maria), Van der Meyde (22'sh Recoba), Stankovic, Davids (22'sh Vieri), Cambiasso, Martins, Adriano. Manager:. Mancini. Substitues: Fontana, Emre, Zanetti, Zè Maria, Recoba, Materazzi, Vieri

JUVENTUS: Buffon, Zebina, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Camoranesi (39'sh Pessotto), Blasi, Emerson, Nedved, Zalayeta, Ibrahimovic. Manager: Capello. Substitues: Chimenti, Tacchinardi, Montero, Legrottaglie, Pessotto, Appiah, Kapo.

REFEREE: Rodomonti
YELLOW CARDS: 7'fh Van der Meyde, 20'fh Blasi, 40'fh Zebina, 18'sh Toldo, 35'sh
Adriano, 42'sh Stankovic
SPECTATORS: 78.471
PROCEEDS: 1.697.620

Apr 26, 2004
Gianluca Zambrotta’s comment on the draw against Inter at the San Siro: “The only regret is that we badly managed the final minutes of the match; we should have managed them better but the fact is that they introduced four great strikers. However, let’s not complain, we still got out from the San Siro with 1 point gained against a great team.”

Apr 26, 2004
“I’m sorry about the final result, because being 2-0 up and ending up to a 2-2 final draw makes it feel like a defeat. Anyway, now we have to concentrate on our next match without being conditioned by this result”. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who made an impressive performance, cannot believe the fightback suffered by the Bianconeri; in spite of the bitter result, the San Siro match did not lack positive aspects: “We played a good match, scored two goals and showed a great personality in the game. It’s a pity, though, as on 2-0 we had the match in our hands… however, we’re still first in the table; let’s think about our next match, with the awareness of our strenght”

Apr 26, 2004
“It’s been a good match, played by two excellent teams. My compliments to Inter for getting back ‘til draw but I’m still satisfied with what we showed”. Fabio Capello, though the final draw may be bitter, cannot but underline the very good performance by his squad, who played a virtually perfect match, making the only mistake in relaxing a little after 2-0: “We relaxed a little, holding the ball without attacking. We started playing around and when you play against teams like Inter, with all their champions, you cannot concede anything, as any action can be crucial. Vieri’s goal has been fundamental in this sense, we were too exposed; this is the only reproach I can make to my side.” The Bianconeri coach pinpoints the reasons for Nerazzuri’s fightback: “They introduced some fresh legs that ended up being fundamental. In particular, Vieri was the key man, opening up the game for Martins and scoring a great goal. Certainly there’s still bitterness for making a great start and then letting them score these two goals… However, we did prove that we came to the San Siro to win and that we’re a great team.”

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
In retrospect its a lot easier to be dissapointed. But had we known that we'd come away with a point from the San Siro i think most of us here would've settled for it. I dont think we should dwell on it too much. Its extremely important we go in to the winter break as leaders. And we should maintain our concentration without being affected by results elsewhere. Moreover i personally think the 2-0 lead is the worst lead to have in football. However funny it sounds, i think we'd have done better had we been only a goal to the good, the defense wouldve respected and valued the lead a lot more than they did when we were 2-0 up. And its not the first time we've squandered such a lead. Anyway Lazio next. Lets hope Juve's bogey team proves to be an easy kill.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++
In retrospect its a lot easier to be dissapointed. But had we known that we'd come away with a point from the San Siro i think most of us here would've settled for it. I dont think we should dwell on it too much. Its extremely important we go in to the winter break as leaders. And we should maintain our concentration without being affected by results elsewhere. Moreover i personally think the 2-0 lead is the worst lead to have in football. However funny it sounds, i think we'd have done better had we been only a goal to the good, the defense wouldve respected and valued the lead a lot more than they did when we were 2-0 up. And its not the first time we've squandered such a lead. Anyway Lazio next. Lets hope Juve's bogey team proves to be an easy kill.
well said.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I think we should not be too disappointed about the result. A piont is good and Inter are well known for their comebacks. Inter played with 4 (!!!!!!) strikers in the end, and when you have Martins, Adriano, Vieri and Recoba on the pitch, its only a matter of time, till your team scores. I am happy, to see us in front and a good Zlatan.
Against the big teams, we did extremly well so far. Won against Ajax twice, Bayern twice, won against Roma and were the better team in the San Siro against Inter. What do we want more???

As Baggio said, its extremely important we go in to the winter break as leaders. This should be possible!

Muha

The Head Physio
Feb 25, 2004
i agree .. but i must add that facing 4 attackers required one more central defender.. who could've made a big difference..
capello didnt react to inter's changes..so we lost 2 points

Aug 1, 2003
im glad we didnt lose, but after taking the 2 goal lead I was truly confident we were gonna gain the 3 points. The pace started slowing down and suddenly out of the blue Vieri scored.. And what's worse is that Adriano's goal IMO was due to our momentary lapse of concentration, and that doesnt happen too often. Juventus was right, you just cant relax against some teams. So all in all it wasn't the worst result ever, but since I had anticipated a victory only to lose it due to one of our rare moments of error... thats life.

Nov 29, 2004
hi
im new guy here and I want to comment about the the game
ithink we played succesful 80 mins , unfortunatly it couldnt be 90 but the last 1o mins shouldnt overshaddow the soldity of the performance of our players.
but i realle missed effective zambrotta in a lot games this year include this one.:down:

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
It is a very sad ending of the match, juve dominated the game from the start but the defence lost concentration in the last 10 minutes , all the players were great but as always inter come from behind to draw:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)