[Serie A] Inter - Juventus (29 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2003
what are you talking about?

Juve can beat big teams!! this draw was imo just concentration and luck (that we may had some games before on our hand)!

we won against Bayern 2 times, beat Roma,.. and the other only team that you mean is Milan, but we havn't played against them!

Pete

Nov 23, 2003
Short but sweet...or not, let's see.
We were amazing 'til 2-0. Ze Maria rushing back is a poor excuse for Toldo not being sent off, he has a tendancy of cheating us - unsuccessfully last time, handling Micco's lob in the Coppa.
Vieri's goal was superb. Great shot, side netting; the only place where Gigi wasn't going to get a hand to it. Thing is - why doesn't he do that for country? Why doesn't he make me happy aswell as Interiste once every 6 months when he decides to justify his salary..that's football I suppose.
Adriano's goal was stoppable however. The finish was clinical - (what d'you expect) - and the cross was pinpoint, but the fact of the matter is: YOU DON'T GIVE ADRIANO SPACE.
We achieved that for about 99% of the game, compliments to our defence apart from a tad too much tenacity from Zebina and a TINY bit of complacency from Thuram, but that 1% included the goal. That's all the 'Witch Doctor' (what the Inter faithful affectionately call the *grudgingly* great man :down:) needs.
I'm annoyed. We should've got the 3 pts but we got ahead of ourselves and let it go. However!
This was our away tie with the bastards, so this missed golden opportunity can be rectified at our place.
A win at Lazio and similar (but more consistent throughout) performances against the other big clubs (does that still include Roma?) will be an excellent healing agent. Here's hoping.
*sings to self* ALE, ALE, ALE, ALEEE - JUVEEE - ALEEE :)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, I picked it 1-1. So while I should not feel too badly, since we couldn't beat Inter in 4 matches last season, the way we endedup with the lone point was disappointing.

When a team fields four in attack, a team with a notorious tendency to give up a lot of goals, to me that's not when you play defensive cards with a 2-goal (let alone 1-goal) lead. When Pessoto came on for Camo, I immediately disagreed with Capello's choice. With four attackers on the pitch and the lead, that's a great time to force them to play defense. As a Juve forward or offensive midfielder, I would delight in competing against such poor defense on the pitch. Sure, maybe you'll give up a goal -- but you're more likely to score another, at least on a counterattack, too.

But then I'm not a Juve coach for good reason. ;) Still, I immediately said, "Capello: here's your chance to prove your decisions." Well, I think his decision was a failure. At least this time. :mad: I thought back to the first Juve-Roma match last season when Trez was replaced by Birindelli with a 2-1 Juve lead. Lippi made the same mistake last time, and Capello fell into the same trap this time.

Still, it was an effort that we should at least feel some pride in. Blasi had a good game. Canna and Zebina and Buffon regularly held firm. Just wish we had more points to show for it.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I just read Vinman's previous post. Entirely agree with it. Putting up four people in attack is a desperate move that should expose more weaknesses to exploit than it should offer more strengths for Inter. We have to learn from this one, as we did blow a great opportunity that was handed to us.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

We can actually beat any team. But we just weren't lucky tonight.
And name me one team who won against a team that had four strikers on the field.
I don't even recall an instance where there would be 4 stikers on the pitch.

That is NO EXCUSE. No matter if it's 4 stikers or 11 strikers, defense must be solid at all times.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Regardless of how solid our defense should have been, someone should have been having a field day with that lopsided of a formation out on the pitch.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Its so disapointing to draw the game after the 2-0 lead. Our attacking mentality is totally crap. I hate freakin Zalayeta, even though he "scored" (deflection) and made the penalty (thanks to zlatan's effort). He just doesnt know what to do with the ball.

And the basterd Vieri, since when he started to finish like that!!!!. lucky basterd.

We really need someone to take the free-kicks when DP is out. Nedved's free-kicks were horrible.
I completely agree with you when it comes to our offense

Zala's goal was pure LUCK !!!! He couldnt do that again if someone had a gun to his head !!

With the 2nd goal, when Zala got it, he almost froze. Had Toldo not lost his cool, he could have stopped Zala's shot.Toldo did get a piece of the PK, also

With DP and Trez on the injury table so much, we NEED another striker. Zala doesnt cut it, and Zlatan is still a work in progress

Mar 14, 2004
Damn,I tought we had it......IMO,Pessoto shouldnt come in,it screwed the concept of play we kept alive whole fckin match...un-nessecary and stupid move IMO

Another thing.....where the **** was our right-side of defence during Martins's run & cross? Of course.....Pessoto's place.....

When he putted him into play....I yelled: FCK NOOOOOOO!!!! I had a bad feeling for him......of course,it's not all his fault but hell...he just shouldn't come in!!!

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Another thing.....where the **** was our right-side of defence during Martins's run & cross? Of course.....Pessoto's place.....
It was Zambrotta who was out of position when Martins crossed the ball, not Pessotto. Though it was stupid of Cappello to take off Camoranesi since he was doing fine.

Nedved was disapointing.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
11 draws in 13 matches, and unbeatable so far! Oh my....There's no team like Inter nowadays :wallbang:

I'm really disapointed with the result :frown:

Mar 14, 2004

It was Zambrotta who was out of position when Martins crossed the ball, not Pessotto. Though it was stupid of Cappello to take off Camoranesi since he was doing fine.

Nedved was disapointing.

Wrong!!!! Entering Pessotto,Zambo was transfered to cover the right side,where he was off-position too......

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002

Nedved was disapointing.
Yeah, that's pretty wierd, Camo did well both on attack and defence, he's fast too. I thought Capello would pull off Zala (not Camo) and substituted with Pessotto. So, Zlatan could be the lone striker there.

Anyway, 4 points lead over Milan is not really bad at all. :frown:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
not bad at all,although i would've expected us to hold a 2 goal lead with 20 minutes left.

credit to inter though,their goals were superb.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
And there comes Lazio... if we don't beat them on the 5th- I am totally convinced that we simply can't perform against the strong.

Juve still might win the Scudetto, as the Russians say: "Через Жопу" (through the ass), but forget about the CL...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)