[Serie A] Inter - Juventus (27 Viewers)

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
I really wouldn't mind a draw, but when you lead with 2goals Diff and they draw you in the last 10min, that means your deffence has a problem
Ofcourse , and that problem is certainly Thuram.All the mistakes were his.I hate inter a lot,and he (Thuram) didn't let me enjoy.
Forza Juve:down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Ofcourse , and that problem is certainly Thuram.All the mistakes were his.I hate inter a lot,and he (Thuram) didn't let me enjoy.
Forza Juve:down:
wrong smilie next to forza juve!

no matter the result,BE PROUD TO BE A JUVENTINO!!!!!!!!

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
am fear from the next matches....look to our goals and Inter goals .....our team has a problem in attacking......and our defence lose the concentration for many attackers....they'r 4....so how we will do with more attack minded teams .....:down:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

wrong smilie next to forza juve!

no matter the result,BE PROUD TO BE A JUVENTINO!!!!!!!!
Yes you're right about that.I'm proud of beeing Juventino.
What do you meen about our mistakes,who made it?

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
I am very dispointed.. I saw thuram making mistakes before the 2 goals.. but we can not blame him. they have been doing so well all the time. it is very sad to draw after leading 2-0.. Until the 1-2 it was a demonstration of force from juve. Inter had no chance.. but then juve was too sure of themselves and an unecessery ball lose from Zlatan gave them the chance to 1-2....
but ok Inter are out of title race.. we just should care about Milan and (Udinese) ;)

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juventinoo ] ++
am fear from the next matches....look to our goals and Inter goals .....our team has a problem in attacking......and our defence lose the concentration for many attackers....they'r 4....so how we will do with more attack minded teams .....:down:
don´t worry it will be better in the future.. the goal from vieri was very lucky... if he tries that 20 times, it works only once....

Sep 14, 2003
Look, Inter HAD to go for the all out attack, I was expecting it after 0-2. What disappinted me the most was that we were controlling the game, look very comfortable - then, really out of nothing, Vieri scores and the whole monentum shifts in Inter's favour and it was no surprise they came back to equalise.

Inter coming back to equalise is as natural to them as it is for us to win 1-0 in the CL!

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
It's a shame really. We deserved to win. But when you play against a team that has 4 strikers and one attacking midfielder on the pitch, then there's nothing you can do.

Anyways, we ended Inter's title hopes and I'm happy about it.

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #533
    I didn't think that we were very good but at 2-0 up I thought we had done enough to win and were controlling the game at that point in time. As Desmond has been saying, there's no dynamism in our attacking play, no creativity. It's slow and predictable but we scored twice so I'm not going to complain too much. The defence was solid for the most part, but to concede two in the last ten minutes is extremely disappointing, even if both goals were of the highest quality.

Aug 26, 2003
    hmm.. i was shocked when we are 2:0 in front and it ended 2:2, hey but that soccer!!!

IMO the 1 goal was luck that Zalayeta deflected it, but ok! the 2nd was also lucky that it was a goal!

IMO the team was relaxed after the 2:0 they thought that it was over, and that was fault!! but maybe this will gave us postive, Capello will learn them that game is finished after 90 mintues and not before! it was all only concentration i think!

and let us not forget the Inter is a really great team, and that they had to win, so they were pushing forward really hard!!!

I have to admit that it really hurts that when you 2:0 in front and you draw, but maybe the team will learn from that mistake!

All in all it was an ok result, we are still 4 points before Milan and lets not forget that we played without Del Piero and Trez, and 1 Point in San Siro is not bad!

forza Juve

Aug 26, 2003
    Capello rues missed chance Sunday 28 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus have seen their lead cut to four points after losing a 2-0 lead at Inter and both Coaches discussed the missed opportunities at the San Siro.

“We could have held the ball a bit better, but two fantastic goals from Inter turned it around,” commented Fabio Capello after the 2-2 draw. “The first goal was the decisive one, as before that there was only one team on the pitch.”

The Nerazzurri seemed dead and buried before throwing on Christian Vieri and Alvaro Recoba to join Adriano and Obafemi Martins.

“They put on some fresh legs and the key man was Vieri, who opened up the play for Martins and Adriano, so the first goal was entirely to his credit,” commented the Juve boss.

“Clearly we are a little bitter as we had the result in our grasp, but we did prove that we came here to the San Siro looking for the victory. We relaxed and were playing around with Inter, which you absolutely must not do against a side of this quality. Unfortunately our only regret is that lack of concentration and grit in the closing stages.”

The Bianconeri had put themselves in a commanding position with Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s penalty, but some say Francesco Toldo should have seen red for his foul on Marcelo Zalayeta.

“I never comment on refereeing decisions and we always accept them. I don’t want to spark any controversy,” added Capello.

Roberto Mancini also commented on that incident, but had another angle on the performance of the referee.

“Ze Maria was behind Toldo at the time, so he was not last man, while I am sure that Lilian Thuram challenge on Adriano was a penalty,” stated the Nerazzurri boss.

“Considering how the game was going, we can be happy with this draw. It’s incredible that we found ourselves 2-0 down with minimal opportunities for Juventus and a balanced match overall. The lads did incredibly well to get back and refused to give in until the final whistle, so they made me proud tonight.”

Mancio managed to recover from this seemingly impossible situation by throwing on four out and out strikers.

“When you’re 2-0 down you have to take risks to get back into the game and once we scored the first that belief really built up inside of us and drained out of Juve,” added the Coach.

“We should be getting a few more crosses in from Andy van der Meyde, but on the left we don’t have many players at our disposal who can perform that role. Giuseppe Favalli was meant to push, but he picked up an injury and had to come off.”

Christian Vieri proved decisive with that goal and admitted he was for once content with being a substitute.

“I am happy with my performance, as when I came on it was a tough situation,” said the striker. “Thankfully my shot went in and that really sparked the comeback, but our final 20 minutes were just great. The tactic with four strikers was fuelled by desperation, but in future at least we know it can work when we’re in a tight spot.”

However, former Juve man Vieri concedes the title race is probably beyond them after this result.

“15 points are certainly a lot, but we have to believe in the Scudetto and try to win each game as it comes without looking at Juve or Milan. I don’t think we lack character, but we have drawn a lot of matches we frankly deserved to win.”

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Its so disapointing to draw the game after the 2-0 lead. Our attacking mentality is totally crap. I hate freakin Zalayeta, even though he "scored" (deflection) and made the penalty (thanks to zlatan's effort). He just doesnt know what to do with the ball.

And the basterd Vieri, since when he started to finish like that!!!!. lucky basterd.

We really need someone to take the free-kicks when DP is out. Nedved's free-kicks were horrible.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    this game was propably the biggest test juve gave us,
    i thought we were a better team,
    i hope we will improve in the future if we want to have a chance for the CL:-( ,
    maby alex the great or trezegoal might give us what we hadnt in this game.
    as for the championship too bad crespo wasnt in offside position and milan is only 4points now,i believe milan will easily beat inter both games so we have to be very carefull for now on!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)