[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (72 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
has nothing to do with it, he was behind mesto for the header, and do u wanna know why? Cuz he plays fucking LEFT BACK on the field, and had to run from the LB position to try and mark an open man in the middle of the box becuz legro was not watching him. And thank u for not bringing back up Amauri, cuz everyone in here knows he was shit.
i never said he wasnt read my post, i said in the shit pecking order grosso and legro were worse and cost us more by blowing assignments. I am neither 14 nor on the rag to get all pissy when one of my favorite players has a bad game; you re writing as if you re both, relax

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
For the first Genoas goal, Grosso is the only man that is marginally held responsible.
He ought and could have done better than that.

For the second goal, no one is too blame, the cross and the header were just flawless.

As for our disallowed goals, Iaq's was valid! But it was not a clear situation and it was just a human ref mistake...

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Grosso was never any good. He's better than Molinaro (which doesn't say a lot) and deal was pretty good but he's an average player at best.
Grosso was never any good? He just won a WC single handly, and puts in deadly cross after deadly cross from both open play and free kicks..some people just should stop watching football, christ, these forums piss me off so much sometimes.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I thought Poulsen did some good things tonight but he is just so slow, when they show a slow-mo replay he doesn't actually move. This is a problem because our tempo slows immediately with him, and he cannot recover defensively against anybody with pace, he just fouls a lot.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I really liked our first half though, if we were a bit more clinical, confident and a little bit smarter in our counters we could've killed them in the first half. I suppose a Diego instead of Amauri for example would've made a world of difference.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Grosso was never any good? He just won a WC single handly, and puts in deadly cross after deadly cross from both open play and free kicks..some people just should stop watching football, christ, these forums piss me off so much sometimes.
Bold statement there. I wouldn't say he won the World Cup single handly...thats a bit stretching it.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Kind of torn how to rate this match. We played well in patches and I liked our counter-attacks, if only we were more clinical. Genoa are strong at home and we battled well, but I think Ferrara was a little too reactive. I felt we were unlucky with the end result due to some dubious decisions, but at the same time I think we could've done more ourselves to grab this game... So kind of torn.

Buffon 7 Hero
Grygera 5.5 Quiet
Legrottaglie 5.5 Erratic
Chiellini 5.5 Ditto
Grosso 6 Supplient
Poulsen 5.5 Mobile
Melo 6 Interceptive
Marchisio 7 Masterful
Camoranesi 6 Sly
Amauri 5 Desperate
Iaquinta 7 Athlete
Dom, why 5.5 on Chiellini, he wasnt involved in the goals and saved us 2-3 with crucial individual interventions. Was is because of his offensive efforts?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I really liked our first half though, if we were a bit more clinical, confident and a little bit smarter in our counters we could've killed them in the first half. I suppose a Diego instead of Amauri for example would've made a world of difference.
Gave the ball away too much.

Not even that, but because of the goal he scored. :tdown:

So many people wanted him while playing for Lyon, I bet no one watched him. He was crap in Inter too.
It's really hilarious.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Poulsen doesn't do his job, then we can't field him. Simple as that.
He was criminally disastrous tonight. In the opening 20 minutes he was played further up in Genoa's part and he pressured well, but after that he did nothing right. He didn't pass well, he didn't put any pressure on them and they were running through him as if there was no man there.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
i never said he wasnt read my post, i said in the shit pecking order grosso and legro were worse and cost us more by blowing assignments. I am neither 14 nor on the rag to get all pissy when one of my favorite players has a bad game; you re writing as if you re both, relax
I just usually assume Juve supporters to be intelligent, because they support Juve, so when u say Grosso was terrible today it just doesnt make sense to me..thats all.
Grosso's job is to defend the flank and to go up and down and cross the ball. He wasnt amazing, id never say that, but he was one of the better players on the field. People who were avg were Amauri and Poulsen, Legro and Grygera(becuz he didnt do much), and Camo was actually fairly poor for large portions of the game too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)