[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (30 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I said this before, and i will say it again. This Juve team looks extremely vulnerable to attacks from the flank, it was evident against Bordeaux and it was evident today against Genoa.

Ferrara really needs to do work on that imo.

Btw, are there any Iaquinta doubters left, he has been immense this season, scoring a lot of goals, getting in dangerous positions constantly, working extremely hard and generally running his heart out. I think by now he should be ahead of both Amauri and Trezeguet in the pecking order.

Someone else that really deserves praise is Claudio Marchisio, it looks like he is getting better everyday, his development has really went well, and he is turning out to be a brilliant defender. He was played mostly as a left winger today, and despite not being familiar with the position he played very well. Great run and low cross for the goal, he was a constant threat to Genoa today. I think Lippi would be crazy not to give him a starting spot in the NT, he is second only to De Rossi in Italian midfielders currently.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I am very sad for Amauri but you are right :sad:
Fret not. Since there is still a long season to go, any team will like Amauri to be their utility player anytime of the day. Perhaps it is the lack of sharpness that made Amauri lost his form, but as the season progresses the squad needs to be rotated and Amauri will get some playing time again.

DP, Trez + Iaquinta can't play for so many games in a row. It is really tiring.

May 22, 2007
Not at all satisfied with the result. They have next to no chances and they get two goals while we get 10 chances with players blazing them over. Amauri needs to be benched, all this "helps in the build up" stuff was absent today and to crown it off he had two open headers and missed them both (and even the target). Trezeguet should start.

Some more absolutely horrendous individual performances out there. Poulsen looks like he is ice skating for the first time in possession. He has no idea what to do and he wastes so much possession. Camoranesi also had a poor game, completely marked out of the match by Bocchetti and was pissed off from 10 minutes onwards. Also had many bad passes including the one which led to the Crespo goal.

Now on to the positive. Marchisio had a very good second half, what a talent we have here. He's cemented a starting place and I'd start him ahead of Camoranesi when Momo comes back. The 60 yard run he did in the second half was great. All over the pitch, our MoM. Another good game by Iaquinta sort of ruined by the fumble after the exquisite Marchisio chip pass, nice finish for the first one though, deserves to keep his starting role.

There isn't much else to say apart from the frustration at the subs not coming earlier, and maybe seeing fresher legs for longer. I like the way we controlled large portions of the second half, but it really was poor in the final third.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Imagine what this team would have done tonight

Buffon
Zebina Cannavaro Chiellini Grosso
Sissoko Melo Marchisio
Diego
Trezeguet Del Piero (C)​

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I said this before, and i will say it again. This Juve team looks extremely vulnerable to attacks from the flank, it was evident against Bordeaux and it was evident today against Genoa.

Btw, are there any Iaquinta doubters left, he has been immense this season, scoring a lot of goals, getting in dangerous positions constantly, working extremely hard and generally running his heart out. I think by now he should be ahead of both Amauri and Trezeguet in the pecking order.

Someone else that really deserves praise is Claudio Marchisio, it looks like he is getting better everyday, his development has really went well, and he is turning out to be a brilliant defender. He was played mostly as a left winger today, and despite not being familiar with the position he played very well. Great run and low cross for the goal, he was a constant threat to Genoa today. I think Lippi would be crazy not to give him a starting spot in the NT, he is second only to De Rossi in Italian midfielders currently.
If he keeps his play up, he is arguably one of the best young midfielders in Europe.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Agreed, really. I expect Grosso to make mistakes defensively but the fact that he doesn't do much down the flank worries me.
I have a feeling Ciro wanted them to stay back as they stacked their midfield and played 3 upfront. Otherwise we would have seen our wingbacks go forward more. Makes sense when you think about it. It would have made perfect sense if we had won because Genoa surge forward so often it would have been dumb to risk being down a man at the back by a wingback getting caught forward.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
So ur blaming grosso for us conceding too headers in the middle of the box, hes a LB ffs, where the hell was Legrotagglie to mark his man in the middle ?? Grosso should be covering the man crossing the ball but instead he had to mark a fucker in the box for no reason cuz of Legro, u dont have to comment on the freekicks, becuz grosso basically had 2 legit assists off free kicks and played well, so hate as much as u want. Amauri did shit all, absolutely terrible performance, he held up the ball wasted time, then finally tried to dribble, gets tackled and then bitches at his teammates, thats all he did today. Crespo's header should have been saved by Buffon, as he was right there at the near post already, and as i said its not his job to mark kids in the middle. Amauri couldnt even head a damn ball on target and got like 3 or 4 amazing balls to his head wide open in the game.
grosso 1.90 M, mesto 1.80 M

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

It's quite tough for a four man defence to mark a front three, the first goal was a classic example with the fullback being beaten on momentum.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
That is inevitably going to be the case until the players really get used to the formation.

They better learn fast, though, or it could get messy against Robben and Ribery.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

I like the way you think Fred. :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)