[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (79 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
It's very hard to pick! As Iaquinta scored and he kept on pressing defenders, never stopped running, but Marchisio on the other hand was amazing, run even more, gave quality passes and dribbled, both wasted a lot of chances thou.. I think I will vote for Marchisio!
Marchisio is the man. He had some magical touches in this game.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
oh i am dealing with it. grosso got raped on his side and cost us the goal, and he didnt do much going forward, i will not even answer your argument about the freekicks as thats just too childish for me.
I like Grosso's free kicks. His somehow always are right where our strikers need them to head it on goal. I blame our strikers for not converting and making our FK takers look bad.

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
Not that Amauri is that bad. His role is obvious. We all know why CF is prefering to Trezeguet for example. Still, having two hardworkers in the field is not that good.
Trezeguet has proven tonight the poacher he is !

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
He wants his Ranieri back.
why would i .... ferrara is absolutely the same ... he does ruin giovinco and only brings him when he has no other choice (exactly the words you guys used back then under ranieri)

right now it could as well be ranieri in a ferrara-disguise ...

better players, other formation, same tactical weakness, inability to read the game and change it with earlier subs

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Lets take this Point and stop sodding whinging FFS. Its a good Point. and im sure not many teams will come away with much. Its a lesson learned.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
It was a tough match indeed.
We still pay the price of injuries.
Genoa were really good and played a good game and should take credit.

All in all it was one of the best Juve performances since the beginning of Serie A.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
why would i .... ferrara is absolutely the same ... he does ruin giovinco and only brings him when he has no other choice (exactly the words you guys used back then under ranieri)

right now it could as well be ranieri in a ferrara-disguise ...

better players, other formation, same tactical weakness, inability to read the game and change it with earlier subs

You boring Sod. Piss Off!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Good comeback, but we were really poor, especially in the first half. The problem is that we are supposed to be a possession team, but we couldn't really get a hold of the ball due to stupid giveaways in the first half. Genoa does a good job spreading the ball and attacking from everywhere with speed, so what we needed to do was hold the ball more, not give it away. Second half was a bit more controlled, we had more possession, but still suffered from similar problems as in the first.

Another problem we have is that we don't take our chances. Amauri seemingly can't hit the broad side of a barn and Iaquinta probably has a scoring rate of 1 out of 6 chances. It's just not good enough and costs us points. Moreover, the defense really needs some work, as usual.

It was a fair result. Don't blame the referee again.

Buffon - Great saves as usual. Couldn't do anything about the goals. 6.5

Grygera - Give me Zebina. 5.5

Legro - Just... Legro. Legro my Egg roll, Legro. 5.5

Chiellini - Makes a good tackle, then decides to shoot the ball into the stands like a bonehead. Needs to make better decisions. 6.5

Grosso - Bad marking, but that should be expected with him. He needs to get up the flank more. 5.5

Poulsen - There's no point in playing this guy if he doesn't do his job, which is not giving the ball away and stopping people defensively. At fault for the first goal. Probably the worst player on the pitch, doing us more harm than good. 4

Melo - Great first half, got stuck in well, beast as usual. Could have done better in the second. 7

Marchisio - Really nice stuff from him with the ball tonight. Good passes and crossing, not to mention he made the first goal. 7.5

Camoranesi - Looked decent in the first half especially with the dummy, but second half was a disaster. 6

Amauri - Really having trouble out there. Seems like it's getting to him. 5.5

Iaquinta - Good goal, but just isn't lethal enough. Stopped playing before the whistle and didn't give Amauri an easy tap in. 6

Giovinco - Made a couple decent moves, but didn't get the ball much. 6

Trezeguet - This guy needs to start. He will be crucial to our success this season because wow... HE CAN TAKE HIS CHANCES! 7.5

Ferrara - Took too long to make subs. 5

Good comeback, but we need to do better. Much better.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
As much as I would have taken the result I can't help feeling disappointed, we should won have the game with those chances, but really pleased with the team especially Marchisio for his quality performance and Trezeguet for his late classic poach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 79)