[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (37 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I was looking for some bets in this round and i realized how tough it is in serie A this week.

Genoa-Juventus
Inter-Napoli
Palermo-Roma
Fiorentina-Sampdoria
Udinese-Milan

The other 5 are the lower teams playing each other.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Oh, and Lazio-Parma too. They might not be super strong now but based on their names it's another very tough match.

I'm skipping this round completely.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Btw, in the last 8 months, or 20 serie A rounds, Genoa is the only team who managed to beat us in the league.
In the other 19 rounds, Milan, Inter, Roma (twice), Lazio (twice), Chievo (twice), Napoli, Palermo, Livorno, Siena, Sampdoria, Catania, Torino, Bologna, Reggina, Lecce and Atalanta couldn't beat us.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Btw, in the last 8 months, or 20 serie A rounds, Genoa is the only team who managed to beat us in the league.
In the other 19 rounds, Milan, Inter, Roma (twice), Lazio (twice), Chievo (twice), Napoli, Palermo, Livorno, Siena, Sampdoria, Catania, Torino, Bologna, Reggina, Lecce and Atalanta couldn't beat us.
Yeah, but we had Ranieri then.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm sure we'll be fine against Genoa if I'm really honest, Melo being back not unimportant there. They're a good side, especially at home, but at the same time they're not world beaters. I'm not saying we should underestimate them, but some make Genoa out to be top of Europe.

We're simply still adapting to our formation, but have done pretty damn well so far. Will be interesting to see who takes Diego's place ( assuming he's not match-fit yet ). I don't know whether Ciro will give Gio another go, maybe Camo? Then stick Poulsen in Camo's place in the 3-man midfield.

Marchi-Melo-Poulsen won't be run over very easily. At the same time... Marchi has been saying how tired he feels, but it would maybe be better to rest him in the weekend home game, so I would play him if possible.

Let's get those 3 points. Forza Juve.

( and Forza Napoli tonight :D )

Mohad

The Ocean Star
May 20, 2009
Up front Iaquinta should start for sure because he's the man on form at the moment. Then I'd probably rest him against Bologna on Sunday so he's fully fit for Bayern. The other forward is a toss up. Either Trez or Amauri will start...one will start and the other will probably end up subbing in later.

The midfield is uncertain. Camo, Poulsen and Marchisio will probably start. If possible I'd sub one of Camo or Marchisio off in the second half. Then I'd try to rest the other against Bologna. We're kinda stuck in midfield because Melo, Tiago and Sissoko are all injured. I'd rest them until they're fully fit.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Camo might start in Gio position, maybe???

Looking at schedule now, I am expecting us to drop some points as well as Sampdoria, and Inter comes on a level or even overtake us in case we loose game..

Sorry not feeling so strong about this one

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Sky Sport 24 reporting that we'll start with this formation :

------------------------Buffon------------------------------
------Grygera, Chiellini, Legrottaglie, Grosso---------
----------------------Poulsen----------------------------
---------------Felipe Melo, Marchisio--------------------
-------------------Camoranesi---------------------------
----------------Iaquinta, Amauri --------------------------

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006

Looks nice to me...

Camo might start in Gio position, maybe???

Looking at schedule now, I am expecting us to drop some points as well as Sampdoria, and Inter comes on a level or even overtake us in case we loose game..

Sorry not feeling so strong about this one
What about the schedule??? our next game is against Bologna at home where we can rest a host of our starters for Bayern game!
But what has that to do with Genoa game???
It's hard one but not more than that!

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
I dont get the panic about Genoa.

They are weaker then last year imo, they havent impressed so far and they are much less solid and compact on defance.

They still move the ball around nicely and great on possession and finding space, but they realy lack the punch they packed last year, no clinial striker as Milito was and no Motta from lond range.
They will give us a run when we are on defance but so did Livorno.

They are not as scary as last seasson, I'm expacting 3 points.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Looks nice to me...

What about the schedule??? our next game is against Bologna at home where we can rest a host of our starters for Bayern game!
But what has that to do with Genoa game???
It's hard one but not more than that!
I was referring to schedule of seria A, so us against Genoa, Viola - Samptoria, Inter - Napoli....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006

Sweet.

Apart from Grygera instead of Zebina, that is the team is posted two days ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)