[Serie A] Genoa 2-2 JUVENTUS Sep 24th 2009 - 5th round (58 Viewers)

Genoa - Juve [Matchday 5] : Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grosso

• Chiellini

• Legrottaglie

• Grygera

• Poulsen

• Melo

• Marchisio

• Camoranesi

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

• Giovinco

• Trezeguet

Results are only viewable after voting.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Hope Genoa have the same start against us as they did against Chievo.
Me too! Unfortunately, when teams play against Juve, they raise their game. Genoa beat us last season. They had six players virtually stationed in their penalty area to thwart any attempt made to get the ball to a Juve attacker with the others ready to strike on the break. This worked for them and they will probably employ these tactics again.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Gasperini is an underrated coach, he will have an excellent plan to tactically minimize our advantage of having better players. This will be a real test of Ferrara's coaching and ability to employ his ideas

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Me too! Unfortunately, when teams play against Juve, they raise their game. Genoa beat us last season. They had six players virtually stationed in their penalty area to thwart any attempt made to get the ball to a Juve attacker with the others ready to strike on the break. This worked for them and they will probably employ these tactics again.
They may have done that once they were ahead, but Genoa usually play fast, open, attacking football.

Tomice

Mar 25, 2009
It will very interasting to see how we can fare with a formation like genoa's.
one one hand i dont know if our midfiled with a returning Melo and a tierd marchsio can cope with 5 man midfield. We dont have fullbacks for support so the offance might get choked.
We need a "in form" diego or a "up to the plate" Giovinco. dont think Del-piero will make it.

On the other hand Genoa are leathel on the counter, but it will be easier to defend against with this year formation then last season.

I will be dissapointed with 1 pt. cause i'm a juve fan.
If we will get overrun in the mid 1 pt. is realy all I could hope for.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Marceℓℓo;2149635 said:
Can we please rename the forum to "Ziena Comunity Forums"?

Thank you.
No-one has said we can't win or that we shouldn't do everything in our power to win.

However, it would be disrespectful to a very good team to suggest this will be anything other than an extremely difficult game.

gâu_

nth.juventini
May 28, 2009
I don't see that Genoa will make it difficult to us. The last season we lost because fucking Ranieri, now he's not here any more, so only a win can satify us.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Gasperini is an underrated coach, he will have an excellent plan to tactically minimize our advantage of having better players. This will be a real test of Ferrara's coaching and ability to employ his ideas
same like he done against Chievo?

However i also think this might be difficult match for us as Genoa will try harder cos of lost points in todays game.
I would be also happy with 1 point, but i would not mind if we get all 3 ;)

AV-7

Jul 8, 2009
It's gonna be tough. But if we really are Scudetto and Champions league contenders than we should win this one!!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We have to defend a lot better than we have in the last two games to win this one, even with an alien in goal.

Genoa could crumble if we take the lead but if they do then the game is much more difficult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)