[Serie A] Genoa 0-2 JUVENTUS (21-Nov-2010) (6 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
And where's the journalist who called Krasic 'only a Serb'? Did Eto'o do this because he is only an African? I'm sure they are too scared to talk about such things, racism is ok as long as you don't speak out against black people. Jokers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Andorra85

Jul 11, 2009
Great win, not many teams get points on that stadium. Krasic is a hell of a player, hope he keeps it that way.

That was unnecessary, maybe some frustation from Inter now that Juve is starting to roll?

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Great 1st half performance accompanied with a rather defensive one in the second. But all in all in it was a solid performance from our team and certainly the chemistry between the whole team has proved to be a very good one. It only seemed not so between Quaggy and Iaq where both went for the selfish approaches in front of the goal instead of that of a more assured one to their fellow partner.

Anyway, we already have two great partnerships in midfield and in the back where Melo and Aqua are pure sex, completing each other to the last bit. While Bonucci and Chellini are so too.

Grosso certainly is finally showing signs of improvement and looked fairly assured in the back with a few scattered runs forward that were cut short but all in all was good today, so did Motta but on a lesser level. But then again, Sorensen was introduced and God doesn't this kid has a bright future ahead of him. So calm with the ball yet so solid when keeping it and the opposition from it.

The only under-performer today was Iaq, he really showed how desperately we need a world class striker up front.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Correct.

Either player would be worthy of the honor.
We all know it's a close call between Criscito and Kharja, so there's no need for that.

chiellini man of the match

criscito played untill they actually put a defender on the right with sorensen, motta is just a joke
kharja had two good shots, that couldnt go in. if they were going under the bar, storari would have been able to tip them over

chiellini however, constandly corrected errors from grosso and motta

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Ratings:
Storari- 7. Positioning, bravery, anticipation, smart reflexes...he truly is one of the finest keepers I have seen in Serie A, for a long time. Almost a shame he will be relegated to the bench come late January, but a shame for him, and joy for us...As Santo Buffon will have returned to the battlefield. Until then, Storari has my full confidence. Little to do for large periods of a game, then he is alert when needs be. the sign of a top drawer keeper.

Motta- 5.5. Whether its a mental, physical or talent issue, I am unsure, but he simply hasnt found his feet in these last few months, and has done nothing to suggest we should sign him outright. Looks lost at times, and overshadowed by his 18 year old replacement in the second half.

Bonucci- 6.5. Solid and dependable...Other than perhaps one incident when he let a ball go past him with a man running in behind him, who made a desperate lunge for the ball...how close the lunge was, i couldnt tell...maybe leonardo judged it perfectly. I just prefer to see defenders, if in doubt, give it a clout...

Chiellini- 8. We are so fucking lucky to have him. Still fairly young and already, week in/week out one of the strongest centrebacks in the world. So hard to beat, to outmuscle, to outjump, and even if you do find half a yard, he attacks with more often than not perfect timing...superb, absolutely superb. I love the guy.

Grosso- 6. Credit must be given for sticking to the task, after so long out, unwanted, exiled from the squad. An unspectacular, but still proffesional performance.

Aquilani.6.5. Seemed somewhat subdued, or maybe just busier in his defensive duites than in previous games. Still used the ball intelligently, covered lots of ground, showed good stamina and spirit.

big Phil Melo 7. Regaining his stride after the injury absence. Dominated possession in midfield, passed well, tackled like a beast, lovely to see him smile, and that new haircut is perfect...for a nutcase.

Marchisio- 7. He made his own luck with the goal, other than which, he rarely got passed on the flank, had one other opportunity to square the ball for two waiting players in the middle, but chose wrongly to shoot across goal. Good stamina. Solid, perhaps showing more comfort in this new left wing position.

Krasic. 8. Scored a great goal, set up a couple of decent chances for our strikers. Direct running, often beating two men at once...and he is only just returning from a lengtht break due to injury. A fine showing, from our star player.

Quag.6.5. Worked very hard, but wasnt helped by Iaquinta's brainless movement and poor touch. His runs are better seen and found by DP. But then again, quag has been playing in a more advanced role when with DP, with VinnyCenzo, he had to move further down the field...so a change of sorts...accompanied by a change of fortune. To be fair, his shooting was a little bit tame. Still, far from an awful effort.

VinnyCenzo. 5. Easily marked, one decent effort on goal which flashed past the far post. Lacking match fitness and sharpness??? could be that, or simply that his form is always rather topsy turvy. with only his effort never been in question.

SUBS

Sorensen. 8. This kid can tackle. His timing is amazing for someone so young. Exactly the opposite applies what i have been saying about de ceglie, pre DelNeri, as in 'he has zero natural defensive talent', this kid oozes natural talent. His passing seems to be becoming already BETTER than Motta, and i give him praise for attempting a few first time cross field balls, fucking up one, hitting another perfectly, and playing the ball short and simple for the rest of the time. Surely, by now, Delneri ca nsee who is the better right back??? The 18 year old is besating Motta hands down in every area. The mark may seem high, and is, but he is 18...3 games into his professional career in the top flight of Italy. Takes some mental steel and skill to prove as dependable as he has done so far.

Sali Goblin- N/a

Momo- Shocking on the ball as always, but did make at least one beautiful crunching tackle.

Del Neri.7.5. I dont like it, but understand why he went defensive after the break. His subs made sense. Brave to play krasic from the start. Spirit in the team seems strong and proud and expectant of victory. So far, he is likely making a few juventini eat their ignorant words of criticism from earlier on in the year...He seems to have recreated that familial atmosphere and togetherness in the squad, as well as the belief in competing for the top positions.

Overall...a wicked result. Strong first half performance. Brilliant to see Krasic return, with aplomb...also Melo back to form...Chiellini an absolute monster. I would have preferred to see us using attack as the best form of defence in the second half, rather than inviting them onto us to have a go...which they did. Still, their two best efforts were against the bar, one from range, and one hit first time in the box. Other than that...they didnt really trouble us. We troubled them more, as we should, as we have better players.

So...a slight moan, that we didnt go for the jugular. But 0-2 away, to a team coming off two victories on the trot, clean shit, krasic back, melo and giorgio in regal form...im a happy man.

Juve11

Mar 3, 2008
I love this NEW selfless Juve attitude!!!! Marchisio plays out of position and defended and ran like an animal!!!

Big thumbs up for, Aqua, Melo, Krasic, Chellini, Sorrenson, Marchisio, Bonnucci and Storari!!!!!!!!!

IQ is frustrating and NOT the type of striker to take us to the next level, good back up.

Forza Juve!

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Great 1st half performance accompanied with a rather defensive one in the second. But all in all in it was a solid performance from our team and certainly the chemistry between the whole team has proved to be a very good one. It only seemed not so between Quaggy and Iaq where both went for the selfish approaches in front of the goal instead of that of a more assured one to their fellow partner.

Anyway, we already have two great partnerships in midfield and in the back where Melo and Aqua are pure sex, completing each other to the last bit. While Bonucci and Chellini are so too.

Grosso certainly is finally showing signs of improvement and looked fairly assured in the back with a few scattered runs forward that were cut short but all in all was good today, so did Motta but on a lesser level. But then again, Sorensen was introduced and God doesn't this kid has a bright future ahead of him. So calm with the ball yet so solid when keeping it and the opposition from it.

The only under-performer today was Iaq, he really showed how desperately we need a world class striker up front.
completely agree.....

I was impressed by the way we played in the first half....not so much for a long stretch of the second, though

We almost let them back into the game, and I was a little concerned in the 60th minute when Momo came on for Aqua.....I thought it was a bit early for Del Neri to get defensive.

I'm happy for the win, satisfied with the performance, but not confident about our striking force.

I said last season that Amauri was washed up. I said it again right before this season started, and now I'm gonna say that IQ is washed up as well. Since his (numerous) injuries this past season and a half, he's never looked or performed the same as he has just a few years ago. His performance today was total and utter shit, and we need to off-load him as quickly as possible, and get a few new strikers in here

Quags doesnt impress me either. I said it before and I'll say it again, there is a reason why Napoli let him go so easily, and it wasnt because of the money. He isnt your proto-type striker, and is very inconsistent. If he's not here next season, I wont lose any sleep over it

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
completely agree.....

I was impressed by the way we played in the first half....not so much for a long stretch of the second, though

We almost let them back into the game, and I was a little concerned in the 60th minute when Momo came on for Aqua.....I thought it was a bit early for Del Neri to get defensive.

I'm happy for the win, satisfied with the performance, but not confident about our striking force.

I said last season that Amauri was washed up. I said it again right before this season started, and now I'm gonna say that IQ is washed up as well. Since his (numerous) injuries this past season and a half, he's never looked or performed the same as he has just a few years ago. His performance today was total and utter shit, and we need to off-load him as quickly as possible, and get a few new strikers in here

Quags doesnt impress me either. I said it before and I'll say it again, there is a reason why Napoli let him go so easily, and it wasnt because of the money. He isnt your proto-type striker, and is very inconsistent. If he's not here next season, I wont lose any sleep over it
Quag, while not world class, holds the ball up really well and consistently gets into intelligent positions - he's easily our best striker atm.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Quag, while not world class, holds the ball up really well and consistently gets into intelligent positions - he's easily our best striker atm.
:tup:

Which is in itself an acceptance of concern of our current striking options. Partly because we have two out of four strikers who are awful...So far, I feel he has been our best forward, and if we do not bring in a decent target man, I would prefer to see Quag as our main striker, rather than Iaquinta and Amauri. Overall though, I remain very content with our new midfield, krasic, bonnuci gelling slowly but surely with CHiellini, the vast improvement in de ceglie before he got a cracked knee, and also the steady form of Pepe, and the improving versatility of marchisio. We cannot expect everything to be fixed in one summer and the few months following, but to be honest, if we bring in a decent target man in the january window, we should have 4th locked up...and that is our primary aim for this season.

Neutrol

Anti-Moggi
May 24, 2009
Genoa are looking to take legal action against Juve, one of the FIFA rules states that a player released by national team(Marchisio) can not play for his club for 5 days.

:andyandbarcelona:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)