[Serie A] Genoa 0-0 Juventus (11th March, 2012) (22 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• De Ceglie

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Pepe

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I find it strange as well. I much much rather have Marrone or even Padoin instead of Giaccherini in midfield.
Neither Padoin or giach should be playing this game. Giach doesn't do anything but flail around the opposition box and get pushed off the ball everywhere else.

Padoin is not good enough. Simple as that. Marrone to link up well with the offense as he has already shown.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
I think playing Vidal as CB is a big mistake. I fear that he will end up commiting some stupid fouls that will cost a goal and/or a red card, BUT the worst part is that he won´t be able to use all his energy in midfield and press/stress the Genoa midfield. Marchisio can´t do that, and Marrone is not that type of player.
Vidal is our best weapon against counter-attacks IMO and if we fail to win the midfield battle, then we will loose vital points again.

Also, in these situations when all our defence is unavailable - lets give youth a chance, something I personally have seen much, much, too little in my 15-ish years as Juventino!!

I expect a tough game with higher than usual tempo, which is why Giac should be preferd to lazy Vucinic.

My line-up would be this, (even though we all know Conte has his favorites, so it is not going to happen)
Ohh, "Casper" needs some time on the "tribuna sud" which is the tribuna that the sun is facing on afternoons - if he is lucky, he might get some colour by catching enough sunrays - making him more visible on the field:) - hence I prefer Marrone.

Buffon
Licht-Caceres-Guano-De Ceglie
Vidal-Pirlo-Marrone
Pepe-Matri-Giac

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think playing Vidal as CB is a big mistake. I fear that he will end up commiting some stupid fouls that will cost a goal and/or a red card, BUT the worst part is that he won´t be able to use all his energy in midfield and press/stress the Genoa midfield. Marchisio can´t do that, and Marrone is not that type of player.
Vidal is our best weapon against counter-attacks IMO and if we fail to win the midfield battle, then we will loose vital points again.

Also, in these situations when all our defence is unavailable - lets give youth a chance, something I personally have seen much, much, too little in my 15-ish years as Juventino!!

I expect a tough game with higher than usual tempo, which is why Giac should be preferd to lazy Vucinic.

My line-up would be this, (even though we all know Conte has his favorites, so it is not going to happen)
Ohh, "Casper" needs some time on the "tribuna sud" which is the tribuna that the sun is facing on afternoons - if he is lucky, he might get some colour by catching enough sunrays - making him more visible on the field:) - hence I prefer Marrone.

Buffon
Licht-Caceres-Guano-De Ceglie
Vidal-Pirlo-Marrone
Pepe-Matri-Giac
:tuttosport:

May 22, 2007
1 Buffon
4 Caceres
7 Pepe
8 Marchisio
10 Del Piero
11 De Ceglie
13 Manninger
14 Vucinic
17 Elia
18 Quagliarella
20 Padoin
21 Pirlo
22 Vidal
23 Borriello
24 Giaccherini
26 Lichtsteiner
27 Krasic
28 Estigarribia
30 Storari
32 Matri
34 Marrone

Esti got a haircut, I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)