[Serie A] Genoa 0-0 Juventus (11th March, 2012) (4 Viewers)

MoM

• Buffon

• De Ceglie

• Marchisio

• Pirlo

• Pepe

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
I don't know how much better Licht would be there; and with Padoin playing at RB, that right half of defence consists of 2 players out of position. And with Caceres and DC being suspect by nature, we could at least not have to worry about 1/4 of the defence with Licht at RB.
in last game vs genoa our midfield of pirlo and marchiso were overrun until pazienza came on.

we have lost the midfield battle in most the matches that vidal doesn't play in. none of marrone, pirlo or marchisio are physical enough to provide protection

it would be useless to play vidal at cb if genoa can just walk through the midfield to create chances for their forwards.

i'd rather we play a primavera defender there and vidal at mf, than vidal as a defender

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
13 Draws FFS! That's 26 points dropped; That's the equivalent of 4 losses and 7 draws.

I don't wanna see Borriello in this game. Thankfully the other player that aids our opponents is suspended.

In any case, we can't win away from home (or even at home for that matter) against the minnows. I smell another draw on the horizon.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I really don't like Vidal as CB. We're not just letting the midfield be overrun with such a move but we're also putting a rather clumsy player in place where mistakes shouldn't be made.

P.S: I'd rather play Marchisio there :D He's at least more intelligent and reliable not to fuck up.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Watch out people, new Stephen Hawking in the place.
It's easy :D He's saying that in those 13 matches we lost the same number of pts we'd have lost in 11 matches if we lost 4 and drew 7 of them.

It's also the same as winning 4, drawing 1 and losing 33 matches :agree:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Were you celebrating the Apoel victory last night? :D
I was at my parent's house watching it with my dad, have to admit I celebrated a bit :D

---------- Post added 08.03.2012 at 09:55 ----------

I'd keep the 4-3-3 and just swap Matri for Borriello and whoever is supposed to play instead of Bonucci :shifty:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That's a terrible formation (sorry Rab :D)

In the time when our defense is the worst possible, you guys are actually inviting Genoa to easily cruise through the midfield and you're taking a midfielder out in order to put an attacking player?

What looks on paper as an attacking team that should create and score a lot will be a terrible formation in reality where our team will completely lose the midfield and those 4 attacking players will get the ball much less than usually.

Our 4-4-2 failed against Chievo and we'll fail even more away to Genoa when the defense is 10 times weaker than it was vs Chievo.

Klovn

#MakeTuzGreatAgain
Jul 28, 2011
I am pretty sure, we gonna see this.

Buffon (c)

Lichtsteiner - Caceres - Guano Prince - De Ceglie

Vidal - Pirlo - Marchisio

Pepe - Matri - Vucinic

---------- Post added 08.03.2012 at 11:01 ----------

EDIT: Btw. Vidal has never played CB for Chile. Only LB.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
That's a terrible formation (sorry Rab :D)

In the time when our defense is the worst possible, you guys are actually inviting Genoa to easily cruise through the midfield and you're taking a midfielder out in order to put an attacking player?

What looks on paper as an attacking team that should create and score a lot will be a terrible formation in reality where our team will completely lose the midfield and those 4 attacking players will get the ball much less than usually.

Our 4-4-2 failed against Chievo and we'll fail even more away to Genoa when the defense is 10 times weaker than it was vs Chievo.
We have to risk and play attacking creative formation IMO.

The only way we can save Buffon is by attacking the opposition. We may concede but also with an attacking creative formation we'll definitely score.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I can't see Prince Batshit starting. If he does I'd love if he put in a totally dominating performance :D Hustini would be all over his thread.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I am pretty sure, we gonna see this.

Buffon (c)

Lichtsteiner - Caceres - Vidal- De Ceglie

Padoin- Pirlo - Marchisio

Pepe - Matri - Vucinic

---------- Post added 08.03.2012 at 11:01 ----------

EDIT: Btw. Vidal has never played CB for Uruguay. Only LB.

Fixed. I'm pretty sure this is what we are going to see.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We have to risk and play attacking creative formation IMO.
But you don't automatically attack more if you have more attacking players. We'll attack much more if we win the midfield. With your formation all I can see are long balls and easy pass by Genoa through the unprotected Pirlo.

4-3-3 with three attacking players will guarantee more attacks than the 4-2-4 you have up there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)