Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (32 Viewers)

Dukoski

Moggi's Admirer and Fan
May 1, 2006
I think that a match was generally okay for us.
I gave credit to Ranieri for the tactics.
As I read in this forum from others I agree in full that he make mistake when he put Iuaquinta out and maybe Nedved.
He should take out,either Trez or noone at all.
It was not DP day.
I am also worried about Tiago.
Camo is our gold in this team.
Nedved should be more dangereus ,but you cant expect that he always gave a best performances.I never appreciate Legro,so it did not suprise me his move.
I think again that selling Balza was a mistake.
We deserved to win.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Inter is upfront, Roma is on form, Milan is winning every game by penalties every week, so its up to Palermo,Fiorentina and Lazio to stop us,
we need as many points and victories, as possible against them,
esp at the beginning of the season, as the Europe adventures will soon over for them, (if they didnt yet) and we always experience a small crisis after x-mas.
It was an important game, that would give us the points upper hand and confidence advantage, we deserved to be more prudent and do not repeat Roma's mistake...

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Stu, everyone in this world knows that Del Piero isn't a roberto carlos nor overmars, he's already not a fast player, so what do you expect from a man when he's benched for no reason, to play last 15min when he's already in trouble with Juve's mang for the contract, to have Ronaldinho's legs?

He can't focus on his game, it shows he's fucking lost. and what makes it worst is that everyone keeps discussin Del Piero's wages even after the Fiorentina's game.

On the other note, it's said that Ranieri benched Del Piero according to Juve's mang decision....It's officially a war between Del Piero and Cobolli.
Where was that said Rab? and do you really buy this crap? beside like you my favorite player is Del Piero but thats only because of what he has done for Juventus. Alot believe that Del Piero is finished, i don't. But i believe that he is finished as a 90 minute player, he is no longer a key player in our formation and thats a harsh fact we need to face. And at the moment and i don't care if it's because the contract or not Iaquinta or Palladino are much much better specially the first. Del Piero shouldn't play until he solve his problems and prove that he can add as much as anyone else at the moment (note i said at the moment). Until then Iaquinta and Palladino rightfully deserve their spots ahead of him. And when he regain his form, i'd rather have 30 minute of top class on form Del Piero than 90 of the weak tired Del Piero. Peace out.

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
after todays game, i dream of UEFA cup. a check of reality, i don't know what game did u guys watched today but Juve really sucked today. it seems as if we are playing Real Madrid not Fiorentina. we defended as if we are playing with two red cards. we waited for them to attack us instead of going for the goal. our team completly misses creativity and from what we saw in this game our flanks did nothing. Nedved was rubbish, his age is really affecting the team and he lacks the cutting edge. Almiron did nothing but risk loseing balls, reminds me alot with Appiah. Iaquenta wanted to get a card badly Nocerino cannot really pass the ball although he was good, but as good as Blasi. Molinaro was crap, i mean real crap. if i got to play in his place i would have been Zambo compaired to him and i now nothing in term of crossing. the only good players in the team today were our defence and Buffon. if u guys are satisfied with such a performance iam sorry to tell you that UEFA cup is as far as it gets. we didn't play the big teams yet and we are defending as if we are a small team. i am really sorry to tell you this guys but we are playing as a Serie B team not as Juventus. the managment should really do something we are not playing for a draw we always play for a win. by the way guys from ur ratings i see that u are really over-rating our player performance.

Dec 26, 2004
after todays game, i dream of UEFA cup. a check of reality, i don't know what game did u guys watched today but Juve really sucked today. it seems as if we are playing Real Madrid not Fiorentina. we defended as if we are playing with two red cards. we waited for them to attack us instead of going for the goal. our team completly misses creativity and from what we saw in this game our flanks did nothing. Nedved was rubbish, his age is really affecting the team and he lacks the cutting edge. Almiron did nothing but risk loseing balls, reminds me alot with Appiah. Iaquenta wanted to get a card badly Nocerino cannot really pass the ball although he was good, but as good as Blasi. Molinaro was crap, i mean real crap. if i got to play in his place i would have been Zambo compaired to him and i now nothing in term of crossing. the only good players in the team today were our defence and Buffon. if u guys are satisfied with such a performance iam sorry to tell you that UEFA cup is as far as it gets. we didn't play the big teams yet and we are defending as if we are a small team. i am really sorry to tell you this guys but we are playing as a Serie B team not as Juventus. the managment should really do something we are not playing for a draw we always play for a win. by the way guys from ur ratings i see that u are really over-rating our player performance.
In brief... it seems like we are watching a totally different game.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
:confused: Serie B team??

We are second in the table, undefeated away against probaly the best 2 attacking teams in the league.

And we are playing with a makeshift Defence, injurys to key players and players that are past their prime.

Im happy with our progress so far.

Also we have to remember we are a new team and are still geting to know each other.

We can survive till Jauary and add a new defender and we'll also have Camo and Marchinoni coming back, that will like signing 2 new players.

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
if that idiot ranieri bought a decent defender this summer we would be contenders, but with this defence we would be lucky to finish top 3
I think it was more to do with the Board regarding the Defence.

Though our Defence has only conceded 1 goal in the last 3 games and that was a penalty, our 3rd conceded this season.

We still have a better Defence than Roma.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
what a shitty way to end that game. What the fuck was raneri thinking when he brang on palladino to play rm? That's fucking ridiculous, bring palladino on for a striker not a midfielder. We were basically playing a 4-3-3 because defensively palladino can't do shit. DP is awful, I'm glad he isn't starting right now. He wasted the one chance that was given to him. Why the fuck does he think he can take defenders on? He's the slowest guy in the league. He should of put a volley on net, which is the one thing he's good at. Shoot the fucking ball. He needs to think, he's trying to do to much. Take the easy way out and test frey. As a team we played a good game.

buffon = 7 ( couple good saves)
grygera = 6.5 (solid)
legro = 6 ( to bad he gave away that penatly, otherwise he was good)
chiellni = 7 (a great cb)
molinaro= 6 ( good defensively but I would like to see him push up more)
Nocerino = 6.5 (does what he does best and thats win balls, terrible passer)
almiron= 6 (good first half, bad second half, tiago should of come on for him)
sali = 5.5 (okay I guess, nothing really special)
neddy = 6 (a few good runs and a great shot, he wasted a great chance by passing it away instead of shooting)
iaquinta = 7.5 (good goal, he runs a lot, works hard, holds play up well, great game)
trez= 5.5 (typical trez game without the goal. Nowhere to be found but all he needs is an inch of space in the box and its a goal.)

palladino = 5 (1 or 2 good runs, gave the ball away a couple of times)
DP = 4.5 (wasted chance, gave away the ball, he needs to wake up, if he keeps this up I wouldn't be surprised if we don't renew his contract)

Raneri = 6 (good starting formation, but terrible subs. Palladino as a rm? Terrible decision. TIAGO SHOULD OF CAME ON, USE HIM YOU IDIOT)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
today was the first juve game i seen live this season. we got our tactics right and restricted fiorentina extremly well. grygrea look good at right back often covering inside for the centre backs and made so vital but simple interventions. he is a very intelligent defender and should now be 1st choice RB. Legro and Cheillini combination looked good and really snuffed out mutu and pazzini and remember the viola had the majority of possesion but could not get behind our defence. i hope the stupid handball does not affect legros confidence as he showed today his old chievo form i would love to see him build on this perfomance and turn in displays like this week in week out without the mistakes.

Also today was my first time seen molinaro play he defended extremly well especially in one on one situations and snuffed out semoli completly.

nedved looked lively and i would have left him on and substituted sahli instead.
almiron had a decent first half but tends to give the ball away poorly when attempting a difficult pass when there is the option of a simpler pass instead. his decision making is poor at times put he does show potential.

nocerino covered huge amount of ground today splendid workrate hope he continues to develop well.

iaquinta made a lot of very clever runs has speed and stamina and finished his one chance clinically. he is a better player than i previously gave him credit for he should not have been taken off. ranieri should have just kept iaquinta and trez on and not introduce DP as the game was in the balance and it always takes a sub time to get up to speed after been introduced mid game. But certainly if Dp was coming on iaquinta should have stayed on and trez make way.

the scudetto may just be beyond us this year but we will battle to the endif inter lose ibrahimovic to injury for awhile the will suffer and as a group inter are weak mentally they cannot cope with pressure especially mancini.

maybe im been a bit critical buffon made some great saves today and great reading of the game to sweep up and rush outside his box to deal with difficult situations. but he guessed the correct way got a full hand on the peno which was hit at a good height for him and id imagine he is disappointed with not keeping it out.

some people are saying all we can hope for is uefa cup next season so you are assuming inter milan roma and the viola will finsih ahead of juve we more than held our own away from home today with no fans to support them. people also say this was not the juve of olds performance. But for me this is why i love juve we had maybe 40% possesion but were strong defensivley and tactically and still created 3 or 4 great scoring chances.

when camo and marchonni come back they will offer us speed crossing and greater outlets on the wings and greater strenght in depth. Today the defense was good but we clearly could do with some centre back signings in january but what we really need for the future is a centre midfield player to control the tempo of our play keep the ball moving sensibly and produce the killer pass when required we need a bit more guile and intelligence in the centre of the field.

ranieri is a decent coach a bit crazy at times but he is good at moral and team spirit building good with young players and ideal for us for this season.

i was very encouraged by todays game and if we can suffer no more injuries to key players for a while and recover camo and marchionni juve will be comfortably in the top 4 .

on another note i hope palladino continues to get more game time he needs to start more games and feel his manager beliefs in him in order for his confidence to grow. I would also like to see tiago get a fair chance and start some consecutive games i think if he can settle and prove himself then he zanetti and nocerio are our 3 best centre midfielders and i think almiron could be used to great affect as a impact sub with 20 or 25 mins remaining in games.

Dp is slow but definatley not past it yet if his contract situation was sorted and his mind at ease his superior football intelligence and quick thinking can be crucial he needs to realise he can no longer skip by defenders with pace and play the simple but effect option more often.

Juve need him to sign a new deal he represnts so much for this club he still has a lot to offer

hopefully come january we are comfortably in the top 4 which will help us attract higher quality players and then in the summer next year spend wise again not signing many players but 2 or 3 real top quality .

i am confident that this season juve will consign the bitter experience of serie b and scandal to the history books and the buds of a blossoming future are been sown. forza Juve

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I didn't read anyone's comment here, and I don't know how you guys took this result and performance, but I have to admit, Ranieri keeps shocking me!

Watching Fiorentina's performance the past weeks and specially against Roma, I was expecting them to own us with a heavy defeat. Their beautiful game and offensive tactics and all..

I will start with Ranieri. He put an amazing formation with the available players he had, and deactivated that Fiorentina's power. It was a very clever tactics, a very solid defense with a fast and clever attacks, but we were unlucky not to score on some occasions. This was Ranieri's positive start, but he sadly ruined his own beautiful work with his wrong substitutions. I understand Nedved got exhausted and he had to go out thou I would keep him, but that's ok. but why you take Iaquinta off?? The man was pressing the opponets all the time, If you had to take off an attacker, then you could simply take Trezeguet out, we needed to not to concede a goal, what's the point to keep him if we were leading up 1-0?? Why would you field Del Piero in? to support him? what was the point? Del piero was very bad today except a one good pass, he ruined the game when he held the ball longer than he should and he missed it to the opponent in a dangerous positions, more than once! You shouldn't underestimate them Ranieri you could place a defender or a midfielder instead of Iaquinta. Even with that mistake I rate Ranieri high but -1 point for the wrong subs, I still appreciate him thou for the 1 point away against a side like Fiorentina :tup:

Ranieri 7

Buffon: did good saves like usual he was always in the right place when it was needed, and he couldn't do anything about the goal. 7

Defense was very solid today, they killed all of Fiorentina's attacks.
Grygera: had a solid game, he helped the midfield sometimes offensively, good game. 6.75

Molinaro: now I see why everyone is praising this dude, this was my first match to watch his entire game, and I am very impressed, he is a great tackler, does it in a very clean way. Thou he is very bad offensively, he must stay back and shouldn't pass the middle of the field, and let Chiellini go forward from the center and he should cover his place when it is needed. He is a bad crosser and a bad passer, but a solid defender! 6.5

Legrotaglie: Apart from the touching the ball in the box at the last minutes and awarding them a penalty (the moment of dumbness) he had a solid game, it is unbelievable how he improved like this, but he also makes stupid and unnecessary fouls outside and even inside of the penalty area, he should be smarter than that. Ignoring that crazy reflection on the last minutes he had a solid match. Minus half points for the last incident. 6.5

Chiellini: He should keep his temper low, he is a dickhead sometimes and gets angry very quick, Fiorentina could earn a penalty on what he did with Vieri in the box, and he could earn a red card for that and everything could get uglier. He needs to be disciplined. Thou he had also a great match, rarely made mistake, i prefer him on the left, but we don't have much options, he is good on both positions. 7

Brazzo: didn't impressed me much today, just like other midfielders, an average game he had, he doesn't cover Camoranesi's absence, I still think he should play at the wingback. 5.75

Nedved: He wasn't the super Nedved we always see, but he did his role the way it should, had some great passes, and a good shot saved by Frey, he will be back stronger once Camoranesi is back and Almiron is on form, he can't carry the whole midfield on his back anymore.. 6.5

Almiron: was very slow, missed the ball alot to the opponents, his passes wasn't accurate today, wasn't his day I suppose, he didn't add much to the game. 5.5

Nocerino: I like the way he works hard, but he plays it dirty, always in the risk to get the red card, sure he supports the team to pressure the opponents attacks, one of the reasons we were solid defensively. but like Legrotaglie, he awarded fouls in a dangerous areas. 6.5

Iaquinta: Another good performance today, he worked very hard, helped the attack and was creative enough to pass the fiorentina's field by himself or with one of his team mates, with clever passes and dribbles, today he also supported the team offensively by pressuring their attacks from his position. The goal he scored wasn't really that easy, very good positioning and a great shot, he let no chance for Frey to save! 7

Trezeguet: like usual, he was invisible the whole match, but had a scoring chance couldn't score it in two attempts. 5.75

as for the subs, Palladino had a good game too, but didn't have the time to make a difference I would rate a 5.75 for that, and as for Del Piero , he did what Palladino couldn't in that short of time, which was to ruin the game. He kept the ball unnecessary and lost the ball to fiorentina at the time we could make a counter attack, he did give Trezeguet a good pass the only positive thing I remember but was very slow to catch a ball when he could score if he could catch, sounds harsh maybe but 4.5 is all I could give as a rating..

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
People should always learn from their mistakes but ranieri, it seems has not learnt from his and pprobably never would.

As Chelsea manager, against Monaco, they were leading 1-0 when for some reason he decided to take off Hasselbaink and of cos Monaco went on and won the game 3-1

Today, there was absolutely no need to take off Iaquinta especially but he did and that may have cost us 2 points.

Tactics shmatics, if you are in control of a game there is no need to change things especailly take off the 2 counter attacking threats we have.

Fiorentina were poor and that may partly be to the fact that they played 120 minutes and more on thursday whilst we had the week off

Why does Almiron only play 1 half and be completely invisible in the second half? How old is he really?

I also do not like his passes as they usually go in the general direction of his intened target, not exactly to the intended target.

As for the Dp situation, it should be resolved now 1 way or the other as it cannot be helping team morale at all.

It is still the best dispaly I have seen us play give this season and I thought the defence did alright but then again Fiorentina's attack was impotent.

Leave Chiellini in the centre and allow Molinaro to either blossom on the left or place Salihamidic there as he is no midfielder and Grygera was immense at right back

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
People should always learn from their mistakes but ranieri, it seems has not learnt from his and pprobably never would.

As Chelsea manager, against Monaco, they were leading 1-0 when for some reason he decided to take off Hasselbaink and of cos Monaco went on and won the game 3-1

Today, there was absolutely no need to take off Iaquinta especially but he did and that may have cost us 2 points.

Tactics shmatics, if you are in control of a game there is no need to change things especailly take off the 2 counter attacking threats we have.

Fiorentina were poor and that may partly be to the fact that they played 120 minutes and more on thursday whilst we had the week off

Why does Almiron only play 1 half and be completely invisible in the second half? How old is he really?

I also do not like his passes as they usually go in the general direction of his intened target, not exactly to the intended target.

As for the Dp situation, it should be resolved now 1 way or the other as it cannot be helping team morale at all.

It is still the best dispaly I have seen us play give this season and I thought the defence did alright but then again Fiorentina's attack was impotent.

Leave Chiellini in the centre and allow Molinaro to either blossom on the left or place Salihamidic there as he is no midfielder and Grygera was immense at right back
Tiago is the answer for me,as i totally agree with you...

And for the DP situation,like i mentioned earlier,he is not thinking straight,and i dont blame him,he just needs more time to settle in matches nowadays especially with the renewal situation,15 minutes was just not enough IMO,i would rather have him kept on the bench today than seeing him play for only 15mins.

May 22, 2007
Being fair, he did pick up an injury in 2T. Ill maintain that he is better without Zanetti and Tiago should have started though. Not neccessarilly ahead of Almiron but started at least.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Match report..

What can I say... How bitter was that??? I am sad.. I am feeling down.. And sure as hell pissed off..

We played a good game up to the 75th minute when we started changing players.
Fiorentina were playing their game for the first 15 min then we totally took over and scored a goal. We continued to keep on the general field pressure and did not give them alot of space, mind you we were playing at their grounds.
The defence looked good.. Quite good to say the truth. The midfield was solid and converted counter attacks perfectly. Trezeguet wasted a couple of chances but thats alright and Iaquinta scored from the only chance he got.

On the 75th min, Ranieri decides to change things up. There are two sides of this change, one is better than the other, though both are bad.
First side: Nedved ran alot and needed to be subbed.. The problem is no midfielders with deffensive abilities, so he opt for a forward (WRONG, Tiago should've came in).
Second side: Ranieri was greedy, so us doing well in counters and wanted to score another goal.

Then it was Del Piero for Iaquinta: First of all Del Piero is not in the right mentality now, so when a player is not in the right mentality he'll need few moments longer to grab the match's tempo. Personally I would've continued playing Iaquinta.

What has happenned, Palladino who literally cannot defence (he's a forward) was given duties to cover for Nedved who was doing a brilliant job deffending and filtering all the left side. Tiago who has better defensive abilities, not optimum though, would have been a far better choice. And then if he wanted to replace Iaquinta, Palldino could've come up then..

The other problem is, it was so clear that after Palladino came in the midfield became weak. What was ranieri's reaction, bring in DP for Iaquinta!! Very bad call.. He should've brought in Tiago for Iaquinta to play as a midfielder.

Ratings:
Buffon: Brilliant saves especially the one from the deflection, and almost saved the PK 7.5
Grygera: Solid game: 6.5
Legro: Solid game, the PK was very difficult and some what questionable since he was in the air and was not intentional.. Struck from less than a couple of meters away. He should've kept his arms more tightened. But for some reason even if that was the case I feel the ref would still have called it a PK. 6.5
Chiellini: Very strong.. Very solid 7
Molinaro: A not bad game, improving, but has to work more.. 6
Salihamdizic: Good work in the midfield, not so many runs on the side though. 6
Nocerino: Ddi well today. The position in the centre suits him alot. 7
Almiron: Played a very good first half and an ok second half.. 6.5
nedved: Very good game.. Should've shot that ball rather than passing it to trezeguet.. 7
Iaquinta: Another good performance from our #9 .. Scored a nice goal too 8 MOM
Trezeguet: Good work out.. Played well as a target man.. 6.5

Subs:
palladino: 6 tried.. but not his position
Dp: N/A

Ranieri: Good starting 11, bad subs.. 5

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
^^^ nicely done ZAF,i must say i agree with pretty much all of your comments on the match,except for maybe i would give a 6 max for Almiron and that i thought the starting 11 could've been better..I really thought Nedved should've shot that instead of passing it to a marked Trez also..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)