Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (23 Viewers)

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
after the last couple of tough matches we had i think its fair to say we are improving very well. and a point today is fair and i am not complaining. still a bit poor but we will improve. btw what was with DP today?and tiago, where the fuck has he gone?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 18, 2002
Strong game by our defence...! It's a pity Legro got a hand on the ball... He actually did play an excellent game...! Fiorentina really had hard time breaking our defence...!!! We could have killed the game of when we had our chances...!!

Buffon was good those times he got tested..! Incredible save in the first half when he managed to save with his legs...! 7.0

Grygera had a great game...! Was really fired up for this game...! Had some important tackles...!! 7.0

Chiellini has again proved that he is capable of playing in the centre! He was like a rock... 7.0

Legro has really covered our back line like a real leader...! It's a pity he got his hand on the ball....! But however...! I believe we can be glad that an experienced defender like him has recaptured his form from the "Chievo days"...! His handball gives him a 6.5

Molinaro...! What can u say...? I mean... He is an okay player... But sometimes he gets confused and he certainly did today...! Made some dump-ass passes..! He lacks experience but he will gain it by playing some matches...! 6.0

Salihamidzic...! Was invisible at times but had an average game..! 6.0

Nocerino is the next Gattuso...!!! NO DOUBT....!!!! Give him 2 seasons and he'll be on Gattuso's level...! He ran a lot and made some great interceptions...! A good tackler...! He is a great fighter...! Really showed his skills today...! One of the best players in the first half...! 7.0

Almiron showed glimses of his truth worth....! He can play a lot better than he did today...! He wasn't that attacking minded as I wished he would be ....! I believe he needs more time to adapt in the "Juve system"...! He does remind me of Veron..! Hope he can level his game up to Verons...! Should have been substituted and instead giving Thiago a go...!!!! 6.5

Nedved....! What a player...! I mean... Is he 34 years old...? No way...! He plays like a young lad...! But u can't hide the fact that sometimes u can see that he has reached his peak some seasons ago...! Was involved in every big Juve chances and was actually the attacking creator...! Had a good match...! 7.0

Iaquinta is a great buy...! I mean... I didn't like the guy...! But damn... He runs like a horse...! He works a lot... Had an excellent game and did abuse the chance he had...! Truly a great fighter...! 7.5

Trezegoool was like he always is...! He is invincible and CLICK the next moment he is THERE....! He really should have killed the game off when he had the chance to score...! But a typical Trezegool performance...! 6.0

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
Yeah,today was not Fiorentina's day,all their dangerous players weren't really playing that good,except for Mutu,bit the rest were just really bad,Montolivo,Pazzini were not playing well,and we couldn't capitalize on a Fiorentina team which weren't performing..Thats why I thought we deserved a win,and the draw just showed we were not determined enough to get the win,our determined players were substituted,Nedved and Iaquinta..In other days,i wouldn't mind a draw at Florence at all,but today,Fiorentina's performance were just below par,and we should've got that second goal and come away with 3 points..

I really hope Ranieri now can see that Almiron gets lost a lot,there just was no creativity at all today,wasteful long balls and just not distributing the ball well today IMO..Tiago should,no,he must start in that central midfield from now on..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
While I argued that we nullified Fiorentina well, our build-up play was just unwatchable. It was shit really.
At least our weakest component wasn't exposed.....be grateful that we didn't come and lose 3 points and see the Fiorentina fans cheering. At least Legro is solid today before showing off his star jump. And I don't understand Ranieri's insistence in Nocerino to cross.

On a fairer note, we played pretty ok and Mutu is also a culprit for wasting so many chances.

I just love to watch defensive games, so entertaining.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I really hope Ranieri now can see that Almiron gets lost a lot,there just was no creativity at all today,wasteful long balls and just not distributing the ball well today IMO..Tiago should,no,he must start in that central midfield from now on..
:lol: What a pre-determined opinion. You might as well have written that before kick-off.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Late Mutu Goal Ensures Share Of The Spoils In Florence

Adrian Mutu scored an 88th minute penalty to earn Fiorentina a 1-1 draw in an exciting clash with Juventus at the Stadio Artemio Franchi.

The Romanian fired past Gianluigi Buffon after Juventus defender Nicola Legrottaglie had been penalised for a needless handball. Earlier in the game, Juventus had taken a controversial first-half lead through Vincenzo Iaquinta despite his strike partner David Trezeguet, who was in an offside position, seemingly blocking the view of Fiorentina keeper Sebastien Frey.

Trezeguet will be rueing a glorious chance to double Juventus' lead in the second-half, while Buffon also made a world-class save to deny Riccardo Montolivo.

The match of week seven saw second-placed Juventus travel to Florence to meet third-placed Fiorentina. The atmosphere in the Artemio Franchi was unsurprisingly a vociferous one as these two teams have one of the bitterest rivalries in Italian football.

The big team news was for the Bianconeri where Alessandro Del Piero was dropped to the bench and replaced by Vincenzo Iaquinta. In midfield Cristiano Zanetti was suspended so Sergio Almiron came in, while in defence Jonathan Zebina was available again after serving a four-game suspension but could only make the substitutes bench. Hasan Salihamidzic replaced Raffaele Palladino in the only other change from the derby victory over Torino last Sunday.

Fiorentina Coach Claudio Prandelli made five changes to the team who thrashed Livorno 3-0 last weekend. Dario Dainelli, Marco Donadel, Riccardo Montolivo, Franco Semioli and Mutu came in for Per Kroldrup, Fabio Liverani, Massimo Gobbi, Mario Santana and Pablo Osvaldo.

Mutu had the first sniff of an opening on four minutes when he got onto the end of a long-through ball, but his snap-shot flashed wide. A few minutes later, some neat build-up play from the Viola led to Zdravko Kuzmanovic smashing a long-range shot over the bar. Gianluigi Buffon then had to be sharp to come off his line to sweep up a Mutu through-ball.

On 14 minutes Mutu unleashed an unstoppable first-time volley from 30 yards which finished just inches over. Buffon was beaten all ends up and it was moment of absolute brilliance from the ex-Chelsea man. Mutu was in the thick of the action and headed over from a corner when umarked.

Fiorentina had been the better side in the early stages but Juventus took a controversial lead on 22 minutes with their first shot of the game. Iaquinta picked up a loose ball on the edge of the box and cooly curled the ball past Sebastien Frey into the far corner. It was the ex-Udinese man's fourth Serie A strike of the season, however there was more than a hint of offside about it as Trezeguet was standing right in front of the line of the keeper when Iaquinta shot.

Fiorentina tried to hit back and Buffon performed a simply world-class save to deny Montolivo after the midfielder's shot from the edge of the area had deflected off Nocerino. Down the other end Frey performed an equally outstanding stop to turn Nedved's left-foot thunderbolt over the bar.

Juventus were more than holding their own at the Stadio Artemio Franchi and comfortably closed out the rest of the first half. Prandelli realised he needed to change things and threw on ex-Juventus striker Christian Vieri in place of Kuzmanovic.

The Viola made a strong start to the second-half and Mutu fired a free-kick straight at Buffon. Juventus hit back immediately and Iaquinta released Trezeguet who forced an excellent save from Frey.

Fiorentina should have drawn level on 52 minutes. Semioli's cross from the right found Dainelli completely unmarked at the back post but he headed wastefuly over. The home team was dominating possession in the second period but the whole of the Bianconeri back-line were having outsanding games. Cristian Molinaro was in particularly inspired form and was making many rampaging runs down the left-flank.

Juventus missed a glorious double-chance to extend their lead on 65 minutes. Nedved's cross from the left found Salihamidzic all by himself on the edge of the box and after the Bosnian's effort was saved by Frey, Trezeguet scuffed the rebound wide.

They were nearly made to pay for this wastefulness when Fiorentina substitute Gobbi was just inches away from connecting with Donadel's superb cross from the right.

Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri made a surprising change on 76 minutes as he replaced goal-scorer Iaquinta with Del Piero. Fiorentina immediately pushed their defensive-line up to the half-way line as they realised that Del Piero and Trezeguet did not possess the pace to get behind them.

The home side were awarded a dangerous free-kick right on the edge of the box but Mutu fired straight into the wall. The Romanian had an even better chance just seconds later as he rose above Molinaro at the far post but headed wide.

With time running out, it seemed as if Juventus were going to inflict Fiorentina's first defeat of the season but with just two minutes remaining the Viola were awarded a penalty after a needless handball by Legrottaglie. Mutu stepped up and fired past Buffon's finger-tips to haul Fiorentina level.

The Viola pushed for the winner and Vieri and Chiellini were involved in an altercation in the Juventus area following a corner.

The game ended 1-1 and in truth the scoreline was perhaps a fair reflection of an exciting encounter.

goal.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Better is different than good
and worse is different than bad,
our team was better but not good enough, i believe this team has even more potential than that...
Our team lacked determination and concentration by the last part of the game,
if Fiorentina were the leader i m sure we would be the ones that would somehow find our way to the equaliser.
The old Juve would have secured this win, one way or another(score more or defend the lead more efficiently), this Juve, simply put, just cant do that, i was sure of this...
Our player's skills couldnt change that, our coaches plans didnt either,
Ranieri had many good ideas about the game, but he shouldnt have insist with the trident at these last minutes, a creative player would have won the game by holding the ball...maybe DP had those orders and simply, they werent applied!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If I were Juve's management I would not accept Del Piero's demands. He's the slowest football player ever add to that, he has the slowest decision ever.
Very sad but so true.

It was a bad decission to introduce Del Piero so late. He should have either started, entered the match if we were a goal down or not play at all when we had 1:0, when Fiorentina started giving more space and when we didn't need a clueless turtle for our counters.
Tactically brilliant performance by Ranieri, except for his subs.
It should be better. The players are succesfully getting used to Ranieri's tactics and it gives me hope that we'll only do better.

Forzaaaa Juveeeeeeee

Albertmare

Idea Maker
Mar 24, 2006
I like the review from the guy with the Edgar David Avatar , LOL :tup:

Ok , we were played one of our best game these season , but again , we just got 1 point after some member said that we would get humiliated by those violet prick and really i think The penalty was dubious . Fuck you Mutu for that Goal , shamed on you , you Concended us another goal , gets lost our 2 points and you make me lost my Vcash :(

:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)