Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (31 Viewers)

Jun 26, 2007
We could have used of DP technique to keep the possession of the game, slow down the tempo and stall their attacks,we chossed to counter attack with the trident,
IMO that was a tactical mistake, that gave more pressure to our weak defense and time bombs like Legro finally exploded, making a hero out of Bobo, who isnt any faster than DP.
We wasted many chances to score because we lacked the determination, we learnt nothing out of the Roma draw, lady luck paid us back,
a fair result made of personal mistakes and tactical+collective faults...
i wasnt surprised by the result, i have seen enough of Juve to know better...
Secco MUST buy a real defender for an x-mas present...
I think the defence was pretty tight today. That one handball really isn't a reference for our defensive performance.

Buy on AliExpress.com
May 22, 2007
Buffon - Superman. Made a great save and stopped Chiellini getting sent off at the end there. He is a hero.

Molinaro - Quietly made an impact. I thought he had a good game today compared to the others he has had.

Chiellini - He will lead our defense I feel. A true fighter. As already mentioned, he is the new Ciro.

Legro - What can I say? It was going so well up until the final 15 minutes. He made 2 foolish tackles and conceded a penalty. Its an improvement but still upsetting.

Sali - I think he was average for the majority of the match. He had that scoring oppurtunity gifted to him and he should have scored. Ill take a solid performance from him.

Nedved - His best performance of the season, he ran loads and made good one touch passes. The one thing that annoyed me about him was that he didn't shoot when he was ahead of goal. Stupid decision. He would have scored, he has lost confidence.

Almiron - Again, another player who made their best performance of the season. After he got that knock, he looked quieter. I think he is better when not playing with Zanetti.

Nocerino - Solid. Not much more to say. He didn't really do much for attack and more in front of our defense which is a bonus.

Trezeguet - Should have scored twice in my opinion. At least he looks deadly but I can't help but think that Domenech has demoralised him a bit.

Iaquinta - He was good, when he came off we lost attack but he still was great. Scored and he made great passes, proving his doubters wrong etc...

Palladino - The kid has great heart. He will be great in 2 years. He showed a great piece of skill at the end, what he needs to work on now is his free kicks...

Del Piero - He didn't have enough time on pitch. He needs a new contract now.

Ranieri - Should have brought on a substitute earlier and I think bringing off Iaquinta wasn't a wise choice in my opinion.

As you can see, I didn't rate any players as I think what I wrote explains how we performed. We SHOULD have won, and this was our best performance of the season. I can't stress enough the importance of the Nedved chance, it cost us 3 points and now we are further away from Inter.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
He did a bad decision trying to outrun Fiorentina's captain, that said, this thing shouldn't make and create a big fuss out here and discuss his wages just because he tried to outrun a defender.

Trezeguet missed an easy chance today, world's better finisher missed a chance yet no one is mentioning that, but people enjoy arguing and discussing Ale always.

On the other hand, Del Piero is a human, not even a robot would handle the pressure Ale is handling now. From our mang to press, media to Donadoni to to to etc... How can you expect someone to performe when all this pressure are up on his shoulder.

You know very well that if a footballer should performe well, shouldn't be passing through any pressure. I know you play football, and i'm sure you understand about what i'm talking.

I agree that Iaquinta is ahead of him, Iaquinta is doing great so far and i'm enjoying watching him. I want Del Piero to enter this competition with Iaquinta and Trezeguet, but so long someone like Cobolli is handling things, i'm not optimistic at all.
Actually I did mention that. It was a bad miss and Trezeguet is as much to blame as anybody else. He was our worst player today.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What has this world come to .... DP is turning into a Montero! So embarrassing to see DP like this we need to fasttrack his promotion to management.
Trez should have bagged the winner today. Poor finishing.
Salimhadzic was so slow it was as if he was running in slow motion.
After a fantastic 45 minutes Almiron went missing.
Nocerino is a hustler but he needs to learn how to pass & cross. What's the use of hustling when you can't take advantage of it?
Molinaro another slow motion man with horrid passing.
Legro, just when I thought you deserved a 6.5 you go handle the ball twice in dangerous territory. You got away with it the first time, what were you thinking jumping like a clown in the box?
Buffon thankyou for the wonderful save after the deflection. Surprise for once & save a penalty.
And Ranieri, yes tinkerman just when Neddy, Trez & Iaquinta started poking huge holes in the Fiorentina defence on counters you go & break it up.
A draw I take gladly.

Sep 14, 2003
Fiorentina didn't impress me today, we did Ok I think overall. It's such a shame to to of blown it at when victory was so close.

I also think it's says a lot of our ambitions, as fans when we're disappointed at 'only' getting a draw today. I think we have had 3 tough matches in from our last 4, and haven't been beaten.

carpenter

Bianconero
May 11, 2007
i blame our crosses for the draw. and that we did not get the control in midfield even when fiorentina had 4strikers on the field.
and i really don't understand the tiago saga... he was our fucking biggest transfer and now he's just sitting on the bench...
i'm with you! poor midfiled. may be zanetti's absence caused the weaknesses. furthermore, i ve never seen juve play so much defense like this for long time. we need more creativeness! what was palladino instead of nedved and on the left?? anyway, we had couple nice moves. i'd love to see that again.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Some pointers to note (I will make it short and sweet)

1. We played better

2. Nocerino and Almiron played good

3. Chiellini is solid as a central defender, this is a good thing

4. Molinaro is improving, that is good

5. Trezeguet should have scored

6. Dunno what Ranieri is thinking when he took off Iaquinta, a person that can run instead of Trezeguet, a player who just stands there and wait for balls. As for Nedved, it is reasonable. Otherwise he is excellent in the 1st half but wasted a substitute. Should have brought Tiago in to stop Fiorentina from attacking.

7. DP isn't young anymore, and he really should have shot.

8. Legro as expected, must do something stupid. Any defender should know that he should not have his arms wide open when jumping, and it is no surprise that Vieri struck the ball to his hand.

9. I still prefer Legro to Criscito, Mutu is an established Serie A striker and will take advantage of the poor guy again just like how Totti did it.

10. I actually expected a draw, and I know Legro will do something stupid again, and it came true, but at least the game is better than I expected and we ended the game with 11 men. Furthermore this is an away game. Juventuz will definitely collapse if Juventus were to lose this game

11. Championship still far away guys, we can still work on it.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i think a point is fair. playing away to fiorentina with no support with the injuries we had, and against a clear rival. quite a good result for us, and they should have scored more than us and another pen.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Fiorentina didn't impress me today, we did Ok I think overall. It's such a shame to to of blown it at when victory was so close.

I also think it's says a lot of our ambitions, as fans when we're disappointed at 'only' getting a draw today. I think we have had 3 tough matches in from our last 4, and haven't been beaten.
Very true.

We're playing really good despite all the 'tough' games piled up in the beginning.

Jun 26, 2007

Before the game I would have signed for a draw. But now knowing that we were the better team and so close to victory, I'm really disappointed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
A very good game and excellent tactics from Ranieri. He knew how to contain the opposition and the pace of play. The first 10-15 minutes Fiorentina pushed really hard but as the minutes went by it was Juve's tactics all over the field. Fiorentina had the ball but Juventus had the brain. Creating chances and doing well with the counter attacks except for the crosses.

After Juventus took the lead it was the same approach until half time where Prandelli decided to increase his fire power by introducing the giant Vieri who along with Mutu kept troubling the Juve defence until Leggrotaglie gave away a penalty after a hands situation in the box.

Juventus had most of the chances but couldn't translate them, after a couple of shots on target from Trezeguet, a shot by Nedved a strange situation involving Iaquinta, Nedved, Salihamidzic and Trezeguet and finally a chance by Del Piero it was a draw that decided the game.

Buffon 7: Solid as always. Did some brave saves by going out of the box and clearing, some shots from Mutu and even reach the penalty but couldn't save it.

Grygera 6: Good defensively, not really his cup of tea to go forward. Salihamidzic helped him a lot with his midfield cover.

Legrottaglie 6: Solid all throughout the game until the last minutes where he gave away a foul and a penalty. Should concentrate more.

Chiellini 6.5: Solid, excellent coverage in the box and very nice forward runs from time to time.

Molinaro 6.5: Our most improving player. He has been showing his play game by game and this match was his best so far. I hope he keeps improving.

Nocerino 6: Did a very good job in covering the defenders, he won balls but sometimes he looks reckless and he can't cross. I think he will only improve because he is gaining experience from one of the best clubs in the world.

Almiron 6.5: Finally a good performance by the Argentinian. He did well with Nocerino and provided some nice passes. I hope he has found his game.

Salihamidzic 6: Very good defensive work in the middle but somehow lame when he goes forward. I can't wait until camoranesi comes back.

Nedved 6: Started slow but when then he showed some nice plays, passes, shots and even coming back and winning balls. He did well but I can't see him playing the 90 minutes.

Iaquinta 6.5: As always, doing a lot of work. Scored the opener and was causing trouble. It was evident though that he is coming from an injury.

Trezeguet 5: Not his day.

Substitutions:

Palladino 6: Did some good runs, added pace to the team but was not sharp enough. I think he should have come in earlier.

Del Piero 5.5: Slow and out of decisions. He is definitely thinking of something other than football.

Ranieri 8: Excellent tactics, he knew what to do to control the game and even bring the three points home. Substitutions were good, well thought at least, even though they did not bring fruit. I blame the players that missed the chances for the draw, not one in particular.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
such a undesereved draw this. :moan:
We really deserved to win today.
We had the possession in the midfield and looked dangerous when we got the ball, but we just couldnt do enough in violas goal. If Salihamidzic only would be a better crosser, our strikers, especially trez would have more chances. I remember some moments when sali got the ball but couldnt beat violas defender to get a cross in the box.

Nedved looks lost as well, he might be energetic but thats about it. For example when he hit the only viola player in front of him when he took a INDIRECT freekick on the left side, while almost everyone was in the box waiting for a cross. Terrible. His loosing his form and ofcourse we can understand that cause his getting old, but we dont have a replacement either.

Defensively i thought we looked good today actually, before the 88 minute that is. And thats the problem with legro, he might play well and then f--k up in one moment.

The only thing i blame ranieri is that he should have made another sub just 5 minutes before FT, we made 2 subs. He should have brought in either tiago for nocerino or something, i really hoped he would do it, to waste time, but he didnt. Why didnt he tinker then?

DP was poor but he has been poor for a while now, as well with NT. I honestly dont think he should start games. Iaquinta is getting into good form and palladino deserves his chances as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)