Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (24 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
That's why i think we should start with 2 attackers and concentrate on defense in the first half. Let them have posession, let them run and get tired.
Then introduce the third attacker in the second half and hit them hard on counters when they won't have the strenght and the speed to cope with Iaquinta and Salihamidzic.
i would tend to agree with the plan but i think they will be really pumped for this game so i think we should just play our game. Another thing is that we won't have zanetti in the middle so we are losing a big defensive player there hopefully it wont hurt the structure.

If more speed is needed in the 2nd half then we have palladino to bring in.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Prandelli expects Florence spectacle

Cesare Prandelli is confident the Fiorentina-Juventus showdown will be “spectacular” for the fans.

These two clubs have always had a strong rivalry and are currently battling for second place behind leaders Inter.

“I think that we will see the best Fiorentina on the field and a very gritty match. Already yesterday I saw my players’ faces while they were enjoying their football.”

Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is out after he had to pull out of an Under-21 international call-up due to injury, while Dario Dainelli has recovered to start in defence.

Mario Alberto Santana is sidelined again by a new muscular problem, sustained while he was taking a penalty in Thursday’s epic UEFA Cup tie with Groningen.

“Juventus have a real battling spirit and will have to be very careful against us,” continued Prandelli.

“We have to work very hard to reach their level, but I am convince we can go out there and prove we are up to the task.

“The Bianconeri are a side who never give up and pay attention to the particulars. I await a good tactical performance to limit their best players.”

The fact this is a bitter grudge match means it was classed Level 4 – the highest risk for crowd trouble – and so the authorities ordered a ban on Juventus fans travelling for the tie. The entire Stadio Franchi will be decked out in purple.

“I know we will have great help from the fans and it will be a spectacular game for them. The players are not thinking about their position in the table while they play. We only want to find consistency of results.

“For the fans and the team this is an important match, keenly felt and no doubt spectacular. A tie like this gives great motivation and that can help us recover from the strains of the UEFA Cup. The important thing is that nobody lets the tension get to them, as we must always be rational and sharp.”

Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri said it would be an insult not to include Fiorentina in the Scudetto race.

“We are not accustomed to trying to work out if we are better than this or that team. Perhaps this match will also be important to really understand where we belong.”

Fiorentina squad: Balzaretti, Dainelli, Donadel, Frey, Gamberini, Gobbi, Kuzmanovic, Liverani, Lupatelli, Lupoli, Montoilvo, Mutu, Pasqual, Pazienza, Pazzini, Potenza, Semioli, Ujfalusi, Vanden Borre, Vieri.

channel 4

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Nocerino admits to Viola deal Saturday 6 October, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Nocerino has confirmed that he was ready to join Fiorentina in the summer before Juventus recalled the midfielder.

This week director of sport Pantaleo Corvino told the newspapers that Nocerino had been prepared to sign for them, but the deal collapsed at the last minute.

“It is true, I was practically a Viola player,” noted Nocerino. “I was in fact driving towards Florence when Juve director of sport Alessio Secco rang me and asked to turn around to meet with the rest of the team at the Pinzolo training ground.”

Now the Under-21 international completes that journey to Florence, but as an opponent when Juve take on the home side on Sunday.

“Juve represent my big chance and I will do my best with it. I have to thank Claudio Ranieri for the confidence he has shown in me and of course my teammates for welcoming me so warmly.”

Nocerino will probably get the opportunity to start this weekend because Cristiano Zanetti is suspended in midfield with Mauro Camoranesi and Marco Marchionni injured.

He has been compared to Milan and Italy World Cup winner Gennaro Gattuso in the media.

“I have to smile, really. I am nobody and have everything still to prove.”

Channel 4

Sep 2, 2004
Nocerino admits to Viola deal Saturday 6 October, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antonio Nocerino has confirmed that he was ready to join Fiorentina in the summer before Juventus recalled the midfielder.

This week director of sport Pantaleo Corvino told the newspapers that Nocerino had been prepared to sign for them, but the deal collapsed at the last minute.

“It is true, I was practically a Viola player,” noted Nocerino. “I was in fact driving towards Florence when Juve director of sport Alessio Secco rang me and asked to turn around to meet with the rest of the team at the Pinzolo training ground.”

Now the Under-21 international completes that journey to Florence, but as an opponent when Juve take on the home side on Sunday.

“Juve represent my big chance and I will do my best with it. I have to thank Claudio Ranieri for the confidence he has shown in me and of course my teammates for welcoming me so warmly.”

Nocerino will probably get the opportunity to start this weekend because Cristiano Zanetti is suspended in midfield with Mauro Camoranesi and Marco Marchionni injured.

He has been compared to Milan and Italy World Cup winner Gennaro Gattuso in the media.

“I have to smile, really. I am nobody and have everything still to prove.”

Channel 4
thats a great attitude

theone

Jul 3, 2007
This are the players that played in UEFA cup with Groningen :
# Sébastien Frey
# 4 Marco Donadel ( 97 min, Kuzmanovic)
# 5 Alessandro Gamberini
# 2 Per Krøldrup
# 11 Fabio Liverani ( 58 min , Santana)
# 10 Adrian Mutu
# 23 Manuel Pasqual
# 7 Franco Semioli
# 21 Tomáš Ujfaluši
# 32 Christian Vieri ( 80 min , Pazzini)
# 18 Riccardo Montolivo
Most of them played 120 minutes.
They will be without long term injured Jorgensen and they will be without injured Santana, Osvaldo and Kroldrup
In last 7 matches in the cup and the league we scored only 2 goals in the first half and 16 goals in the second half. That is the result of our good physical preparations and partly a result of not playing in Europe and getting a good rest. We have the power to run equally good in first and last minute.
Playing a 120 min match only 3 days ago will make the legs of Violas players tired after an hour play.

That's why i think we should start with 2 attackers and concentrate on defense in the first half. Let them have posession, let them run and get tired.
Then introduce the third attacker in the second half and hit them hard on counters when they won't have the strenght and the speed to cope with Iaquinta and Salihamidzic.

VERY VERY VERY GOOD MAN !!!
you read my thoughts! I was so lazy t write that down, but when I read your post - I was applauding !!! Excellent point!
I am glad we have such a wise supporter!
I think thats exactly what Tinkerman will do! WE WILL WIN !!!

Forza Juve

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juventus' October begins on Sunday afternoon. A new month beginning much in the same way as the last one ended: with a match eagerly anticipated by the fans. After victory in the derby against Torino, Juventus travel to Florence for Serie A 7th round's most important game, against Fiorentina.

Without the support of their fans, due to the Government's decision to close off the away fans sector, Ranieri and the lads will have to face one of the teams that have done better in this early part of the season. The Viola are indeed third in the League, only one point behind Juventus and two behind first placed Inter Milan. They've also qualified for the next UEFA Cup round after a long battle with Groningen, winning on penalties after a strenuous 120 minutes.

After a one-year hiatus, one of the League's classic encounters is back; it has become a classic due to the long-standing rivalry between the two clubs. The atmosphere is further charged by the presence of many players who used to play for the opposing team. Zanetti won't be playing due to suspension, but both Ranieri and Chiellini have Fiorentina in their past, while Prandelli, Balzaretti, Mutu and Vieri are all ex-Juventus players.

And let's not forget Alessandro Del Piero. He seems to give his best when he plays Fiorentina: there have been countless examples in the past. Two of these are the most memorable: that famous screamer of a volley in 1994 (when Ranieri was Fiorentina's manager!) and the hat trick in the 2006 Italian Cup, thanks to which he became the most prolific goal-scorer in Juventus' history.

And now, some stats: the two teams have met 152 times, and the score is favourable to Juventus; they've won 69 times against Fiorentina's 35 (almost double the amount!), and there have been 48 draws. The stats are even more in Juve's favour if we take into consideration only single-group Serie A seasons: 63 victories against 30, and 45 against 5 at home. The last time the two teams played in Florence, Juventus won 2-1 with goals by Trezeguet and Camoranesi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)