Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (16 Viewers)

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
exactly, move on people. what if... blah blah
well thats hard considering Juve made ibra and revived that drug addict's carear. ibrahimovic spent two years in juventus and he barely scored, still he was played ahead of dp so that he could get better. now he is better but he is performing for inter. Mutu's is another case, he was rejected with a drug ban on him. Juve gave him a contract and helped him out. I never felt he gave his best. I dont want either of them back but i hate them and envy their success. I want them to be losers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Serie A Preview: Fiorentina - Juventus

What: Italian Serie A Who: Fiorentina (12 pts., 3rd) vs. Juventus (13 pts., 2nd) When: Sunday October 7, 15:00 (CET) Where: Stadio Artemio Franchi, Florence

The match of week seven sees second-placed Juventus travel to Florence to meet third-placed Fiorentina. The atmosphere in the Artemio Franchi is sure to be a hostile one as these two teams have one of the bitterest rivalries in Italian football.

Bitter Rivalry

The hatred really originated in the 1981-82 season. Both teams were challenging for the league title and went into the final day of the campaign level on points at the top.

Fiorentina could only manage a goalless draw at Cagliari after having a seemingly perfectly good goal disallowed, while Juventus were awarded a debatable penalty at Catanzaro, which Liam Brady converted to give them a 1-0 victory.

Ever since this day Juventus have always been enemy number one in the eyes of the Viola fans, who felt that their team had been robbed of the Scudetto. Relations between the clubs got worse in 1990 when Fiorentina's Golden Boy Roberto Baggio moved to the Bianconeri on the eve of the 1990 World Cup. Riots broke out all over Florence when news filtered through of the transfer.

1994 And 'That Goal’ By Del Piero

Clashes between Fiorentina and Juventus usually produce a lot of goals. In 2001 Enrico Chiesa scored two absolute screamers in a 3-3 draw at the Delle Alpi, but perhaps the most memorable match of recent times was during Marcello Lippi's maiden Scudetto-winning year in 1994/95.

With 17 minutes to go in Turin, Fiorentina led 2-0 thanks to goals by Francesco Baiano and Angelo Carbone. Gianluca Vialli then scored a quick-fire double to draw Juventus level, before a 20-year-old Alessandro Del Piero completed one of the greatest-ever Serie A comebacks with the winner in the 89th minute. The Golden Boy got onto the end of a 60-yard long-ball to hook a stunning first-time volley into the top-corner. The goal will probably go down as the best of Del Piero’s career.

Other Sub-Plots

There are a number of other sub-plots to the game. Adrian Mutu, Christian Vieri and Federico Balzaretti are former Bianconeri players and will be keen to impress while Juventus Coach Claudio Ranieri and left-back Giorgio Chiellini have past links with Fiorentina. Indeed Ranieri was the Coach of La Viola during that incredible game in 1994.

The most important thing at stake on Sunday however is quite clearly the three points. Fiorentina have the chance to move into second-place above Juventus, while both teams could go top with a win if Inter slip up at home to Napoli. Juventus are still unbeaten away from home this campaign, while Fiorentina have not lost at all.

FORM GUIDE

Fiorentina

Fiorentina – Groningen 1 – 1 04/10/2008 UEFA CUP

Livorno – Fiorentina 0 – 3 29/09/2007 SERIE A

Fiorentina – Roma 2 – 2 26/09/2007 SERIE A

Catania – Fiorentina 0 – 1 23/09/07 SERIE A

Fiorentina – Atalanta 2 – 2 16/09/07 SERIE A

Juventus

Torino – Juventus 0 - 1 30/09/2007 SERIE A

Juventus - Reggina 4 - 0 26/09/2007 SERIE A

Roma - Juventus 2 - 2 23/09/2007 SERIE A

Juventus - Udinese 0 - 1 16/09/2007 SERIE A

Cagliari - Juventus 2 - 3 02/09/2007 SERIE A

TEAM NEWS

Fiorentina

Viola star-man Adrian Mutu missed last week’s 3-0 win at Livorno but returns for the visit of his former-club. Pablo Daniel Osvaldo is unfortunate to make way having scored twice at the Stadio Picchi. Claudio Prandelli is likely to employ an attacking trident with Mario Santana and Giampaolo Pazzini joining Mutu up front.

In midfield Marco Donadel returns from suspension, while Riccardo Montolivo is also expected to return to the starting XI, having only been a substitute last Saturday. Zdravko Kuzmanovic and Massimo Gobbi make way.

Juventus

Claudio Ranieri’s horrific selection problems are slowly easing. Jorge Andrade and Mauro Camoranesi are long-term injury absentees, while Vincenzo Iaquinta is also likely to miss out for the third game in a row.

In defence, Jonathan Zebina is set to return after serving his four-game ban for slapping a cameraman during the week two win over Cagliari. Zdenek Grygera will make way for the Frenchman. Domenico Criscito is also likely to slot back into the back four after missing the derby against Torino. Cristian Molinaro will make way, meaning Giorgio Chiellini will revert to left-back.

In midfield Cristiano Zanetti is suspended, so Sergio Almiron returns.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Fiorentina: Frey, Ujfalusi, Kroldrup, Gamberini, Pasqual, Donadel, Liverani, Montolivo, Santana, Pazzini, Mutu

Juventus: Buffon, Zebina, Legrottaglie, Criscito, Chiellini, Salihamidzic, Nocerino, Almiron, Nedved, Trezeguet, Del Piero

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Adrian Mutu (Fiorentina) – The Romanian was in stunning form last season for the Viola, scoring 16 goals in 33 appearances. The striker has started the new campaign in imperious form and already has four Serie A strikes to his name. Juventus will have to stop Mutu if they want to stop Fiorentina.

Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus) – So rarely are goalkeepers chosen when a 'player to watch’ is selected before a game. However Buffon has seemingly been making at least one world class save every game this season, and with the likes of Mutu, Pazzini and Montolivo on show on Sunday, the world’s number one shot-stopper will be kept very busy.

PREDICTION

There will certainly be goals in this contest and I envisage an extremely exciting 2-2 score draw, with maybe a sending off and a missed penalty to be thrown into the mix as well.

Fiorentina 2-2 Juventus

goal.com

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Juventus: I convocati per Firenze, torna il tridente

1 Buffon
2 Birindelli
3 Chiellini
4 Almiron
5 Zebina
7 Salihamidzic
9 Iaquinta
10 Del Piero
11 Nedved
12 Belardi
17 Trezeguet
19 Criscito
20 Palladino
21 Grygera
22 Vanstrattan
23 Nocerino
24 Olivera
28 Molinaro
30 Tiago
33 Legrottaglie

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
you can watch it in a separate window, and also you can maximize it to full screen...but then you get a less quality of the stream.
:agree: There are option buttons below the screen to choose the size of the screen and you can opt to watch it via windows media player too!

i really hope we can get atleast a draw from this, this is going to be a hard match.
This is definitely going to be a tough match. I don't like the fact that Juve fans are not going to be allowed to travel. It's only delaying any trouble until next time they play each other. What is FIGC trying to hide? Incompetence?

Too late, FIGC! we already know you are!

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
one of our hardest games this season and our defense will definetely have a hard time stopping Mutu and Pazzini . I think a win would be extremely difficult in this game . Legro hasn't been so bad . He is experiencedin Serie A and could be great in partnering Criscito . Andrade's problem was his his lack of serie A experience . Legro has been doing well and if our defense could avoid stupid mistakes and blunders then we would be fine .

Almiron need to regain his form . I miss that Almiron that impressed so much in the offseason . Del piero played a good game against Torino and has had a nice history against Fiorentina . what better time to prove his critics wrong than now . Trezegol is in super form , this guy is simply lethal in the penalty area .

I never thought i'd see the day Juve would be considered an attacking team . I wouldn't be surprised to see many goals in this one .

Sep 19, 2006
Ranieri: “Ready for another derby”

One derby gone, here’s another. After beating Torino in the Turin derby, Juventus have to play a game that has almost the same kind of atmosphere. Destination Florence: a city that is eagerly awaiting this home game against the Bianconeri, a match that is different from all others. The best man to testify to this is Claudio Ranieri himself. The Manager worked in Florence for four years and understands the way the fans there feel.

Here is what the Manager is expecting from this away game: “Fiorentina come from playing 120 minutes in the Cup, but it’s easy to recharge when there’s an important match to play. They face Juventus and it means everything to them. It’s their derby. I lived there and I know what it means to them. Outside the city, in Tuscany, there are fans of many different teams, but in Florence everyone supports Fiorentina. And you can feel the expectation for this match on every corner. Our supporters’ absence? It’s a shame; we always have a lot of fans travelling to see us, wherever we play in the world. We’ll play for those that won’t be there too”.

Apart from the emotional element, Ranieri understands the technical one too. Most of all he’s aware of Fiorentina’s strength. “I lived there for four years. I’m fond of that club, like I’m fond of all the ones I worked for. We face rivals that have more experience playing together than us, as Prandelli is in his third year there, and you can see he did a good job. With Della Valle and Corvino, they built a good team. Fiorentina, just like us, have all the ingredients needed to try and win and make it hard for any opponent. Obviously the stronger teams – i.e. Inter Milan, Roma and AC Milan – would need to do something wrong. Fiorentina have excellent players such as Frey, Mutu, Montolivo and Liverani, but we’re ready to play our own game”.

The match to be played at the Artemio Franchi stadium is an important and difficult one. It’s logical to presume that Juventus will play at their best; like they did in Rome, for example. Just like the match in the capital, Ranieri can use Iaquinta but not Zanetti, who’s suspended. Regardless of the players employed, the Manager is counting on the mentality of the team: “We’ll try and play our own game; we’re conscious that we face a team who are doing very well at the moment. Alongside Roma, they’re in the best condition. Plus they never give up. We respect them, but we’ll play our own way. I’m expecting Juventus to continue to play like they did in the last few games, without conceding any goals”.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Some people here respect Zambrotta more than Zlatan where the former was disrespectful towards the club. And this is more ugly than the situation you described.
The former also gave so much more to this club than Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
This are the players that played in UEFA cup with Groningen :
# Sébastien Frey
# 4 Marco Donadel ( 97 min, Kuzmanovic)
# 5 Alessandro Gamberini
# 2 Per Krøldrup
# 11 Fabio Liverani ( 58 min , Santana)
# 10 Adrian Mutu
# 23 Manuel Pasqual
# 7 Franco Semioli
# 21 Tomáš Ujfaluši
# 32 Christian Vieri ( 80 min , Pazzini)
# 18 Riccardo Montolivo
Most of them played 120 minutes.
They will be without long term injured Jorgensen and they will be without injured Santana, Osvaldo and Kroldrup
In last 7 matches in the cup and the league we scored only 2 goals in the first half and 16 goals in the second half. That is the result of our good physical preparations and partly a result of not playing in Europe and getting a good rest. We have the power to run equally good in first and last minute.
Playing a 120 min match only 3 days ago will make the legs of Violas players tired after an hour play.

That's why i think we should start with 2 attackers and concentrate on defense in the first half. Let them have posession, let them run and get tired.
Then introduce the third attacker in the second half and hit them hard on counters when they won't have the strenght and the speed to cope with Iaquinta and Salihamidzic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)