Serie A: Fiorentina Vs Juventus [October 07 2007] (28 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Nocerino has never impressed when he played on the right side of our midfield.
:confused: I didn´t mean him playing on the right wing. I would like to see him as a central midfielder roaming on the right side occasionally. Unfortunately we don´t have much choice. You could put Salihamidzic there but I don´t think he´ll do any better job than Noce. Brazzo should come of a better use as a left fullback because of his good forward runs and crosses. A lot better option than Molinaro. Palladino can play on the right side but imo he is wasted there. He is best when used as an attacker. Besides, he doesn´t defend.

Buffon
Zebina - Legro - Chiellini - Brazzo
Zanetti
Tiago - Almiron
Del Piero
Iaquinta - Trezeguet

Del Piero needs to play behind 2 strikers to be able to do his stuff properly in my opinion.
Zanetti is suspended. Other than that it could also work. Though I would still rather see Nedved play instead of off-form Almiron.

So,

Buffon

Zebina/Grygera - Legro/Criscito - Chiellini - Brazzo
Nocerino
Tiago - Nedved
Del Piero
Palladino/Iaquinta - Trezeguet

:eyebrows: ??

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
Zanetti is suspended. Other than that it could also work. Though I would still rather see Nedved play instead of off-form Almiron.

So,

Buffon

Nocerino
Tiago - Nedved
Del Piero

Nedved is also off-form

--------------------Buffon
Grygera - Legrottaglie - Chiellini - Criscito
--------Tiago - Nocerino - Nedved
-----Del Piero - Trezeguet - Iaquinta

May 22, 2007

So,

Buffon

Nocerino
Tiago - Nedved
Del Piero

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Zanetti. All of the other places are great apart from the defensive midfield position. I think that Almiron needs to get a game in while Zanetti is not playing. We could see him do a great job because in previous matches I think they have tangled up with Zanetti looking better because he has played more deep and Almiron didn't get much to do. It was like a gap between centre midfield and attack, so personally, I would like the Argie to play. Apart from that, that squad is exactly what I think we should do. :tup:

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
I think people are a lot harder on Molinaro than Criscito because Molinaro is 24, while Criscito is 20 (Chiellini was 21 when Juve bought him outright) and is in his third season in Serie A. The expectations are rightfully higher. I'm not ready to give up on him yet, but as of now, I'd say he has to show his worth by coming from the bench, he's definitely not worthy of starting right now.
Don't forget that Criscito cost a lot more and was brought in to start, contrary to Molinaro.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Crisito and Molinaro have their excuse, so we should give them some time, they're new and unexperienced

But For Zebina...I'll take ANYBODY for a RB over him, and it's not because the camera man incident.....actually I was the happiest guy on the earth when he got banned, he creates DISASTERS, and remember we usually use the Offside trap this season, and Zebina always blows it

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Don't forget that Criscito cost a lot more and was brought in to start, contrary to Molinaro.
These are good points. But they beg the question... was it a wise idea to bring a 20 year old in with no Serie A experience to a top 4 contender and expect him to be a starter??

They definitely had to buy him back before his stock rose too high, but personally, I would have bought and loaned him back to Genoa, while buying a bigger name CB like Barzagli or Cannavaro.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
the answer is NO...
Exactly, and can you imagine the mess Juventus would be in if Legrottaglie didn't step up his play dramatically?

That's why I've been saying no more young defenders, they need to be at least 25 and proven effective. Its a short and expensive list, but thats the price to compete.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Dude, we're going to thank God for Tiago soon, mark my words, when this guy finds his game, we all gonna worship him.

Thunderball

May 4, 2007
Dude, we're going to thank God for Tiago soon, mark my words, when this guy finds his game, we all gonna worship him.
I didn't mean they shouldn't have purchased Tiago... Almiron is the one I think was a waste. I just meant they could have purchased Barzagli for that kind of money.

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
I'm immensely looking forward to this match. I actually have Sunday free this week too so I'll be able to watch it.

Barring fitness, I believe Tiago's performance in the last game (based on what I've read, I missed the game because of work) warrents a call-up in the starting 11. We need someone thats able to inject some creativity down the middle against Fiorentina, so hopefully he gets the call if he's fit enough.

I think this game will be a good barometer for what Juve is really made of. So far we've been inconsistent. We've put in some good performances but also a couple stinkers that we were lucky to get away with. Fiorentia is a team we're in direct competition with for a CL spot and it's critical we match up well against them (like we did vs. Roma).

Forza Juve!

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Come on guyz, when Almiron showed quality in the friendlies, we all said that we shouldnt have bought Tiago for all this money and Almiron was enough !!

LegiaJuve

Jun 5, 2007
I'm still a fan of Almiron and personally I prefer having both him and Tiago on the team. Ultimately, I see them occupying the middle of the pitch alongside one another. But in order for that to happen: 1) They both need to be in good form and 2) Our defence needs work so the midfield has more freedom.

Until that happens, all we can do is see which player is in better form and sit the other one on the bench as a sub. Right now, based on their last performances, Tiago deserves a shot.

Sep 19, 2006
I've been saying this from the second he got here.
Forza Tiago

I cant understand why people here want us to play with 3 upfront in this match.
I think that (Needy_Tiago_Nocerino_Saly) is a must in this match coz we must fight to control the midfield.
Against Roma Ranieri knew that he had no chance of controlling the midfield so he decided to defend & play on the counter attacks with the 3 strikers.
I think it will be stupid to play with 3 players only in midfield in this match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)