[Serie A] Fiorentina - Juventus (19 Viewers)

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Great game, almost seems like I was the only one who saw it live when I look at the comments. :) Last 10 minutes was amazing by Juve, but the pre 80 we should bless Cejas and give him a shirt as a token of our gratitude.

Oh and gratz to Zlatan for scoring twice the first time in stripes, respect!

OP
Stu

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #1,163
    Thanks for the reviews and ratings, guys. I saw the highlights, nice goals by Pazzini and Zlatan (the second one).

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    Actually i kinda enjoyed the game, it was entertaining and it was fun to see the normally rigid Capello take a few risks as he brought off Pessotto and Birindelli to be replaced by Zala and Montero

Now to what I don't like about the guy, he is a bloody hypocrite, he came in saying there are no untouchables , instead of saying Dp is not untouchable, he acts like he is refering to the whole team, because quite frankly if Dp had played as badly as Nedved did in the first half against Liverpool he would not have had the chance to redeem himself in the second half like Nedved did and again last nite Nedved was awful but he played 90 minutes and we were lop sided, a better team might have beaten us

But we passed the ball better than we have in like a year and played like a team who knew eachother not like individuals who dont know each other

But the funniest part was Tacchinardi being replaced by Appiah, i laughed my ass off, as it was unnecessary, but it was funny

Well time and time again Thuram has proved he is bad at crosses and i wonder how Buffon will cope in the premiership as he is not commanding with crosses at all

I thought Camo was fairly anonymous but ppl are giving him good ratings as i didnt see him at all in the second half

Dp is too slow and I am surprised to see anyone give him higher than 6 cos even 6 was generous

Zlatan plays best with Zala and I am surprised the great coach has not noticed that, as Zlatan obviously does not gel with either Dp or Trez for whatever reason

I am not sure what Pessoto is doing in our midfield and Birindelli just gets worse
    Montero is always likely to give away silly free kicks in dangerous positions

All those who were missing Maresca, i wish you saw this game, then you will know how overrated he is, you never see him in games and he was again anonymous, only having a running battle with Dp or complaing about decisions

But at least we played some good stuff at times but have to get to learn how to defend against crosses

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

I am not sure what Pessoto is doing in our midfield
    Inventive choice from Don Fabio (afaik Lippi tried it couple of times as well) and worked well against Real and Liverpool.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
    aftar this match,i am even more afraid for the liverpool one.

our defence was our problem last year,and now that we managed to escape from this nightmare,here it is again.
    and at one of the most difficult periods for us.

liverpool will try to get advantage of our shity defence OF CAURSE but one thing that makes me feel better is that our attack managed to score 3 goals and even 4 if we count canna's dis.

IF we manage to score 3 goals against liverpool,that would be simply great.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
    All those who were missing Maresca, i wish you saw this game, then you will know how overrated he is, you never see him in games and he was again anonymous, only having a running battle with Dp or complaing about decisions
    Wow, I agree with denco for a change. I concur that Maresca has been overated because whenever the big match comes up he goes missing.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++
    what a horrible performance from the DM and defence.. we looked like amatures..!!

but, it's better this way, to see how bad we are and stop some people from dreaming.. if we are going to win on wednesday, the fiorentina match would be the reason.. cause it showed how much work we have to do ..!! and in some way, it would increase the responsibility on the players shoulders..

regarding nedved.. it's sad to see him out of touch lately, damn this injury.. but, IMO, it's his age too.. I think he should hangs his boots for good next season..

i dont think so
    going back to Lpool game i can say that the first goal for Lpool and the 2nd and 3rd goal for Fior last night look almost exactly for me (very poor marking in the 6 yards box
    and the first goal for Fior looks exacly the same if compared to the 2nd Lpool goal(very poor covering infront of the 18yards box)

so i dont see them learning and i think its a big defect in Defence line which needs much loonger time to fix, its not only a mistakes but a defects which is very obvious by now bcuz i think Dino Z has spent some times watching Lpool-Juve game

i dont see juve in the semifinal thats all
    scudetto hmm maybe

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
    Dec 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Actually Tom is incorrect with that statement. Thuram was at fault for all three goals.

Like I stated earlier, Thuram was caught up field when Fiorentina captured the ball, and he had to sprint back on the left side of the defense. Our backline did not shift over well enough to cover the void left by Thuram. Also, I think Pessotto should have done better on the tackle before Pazzini shot the ball.

The second was just amazing really. The ball was crossed into the box, and instead of marking Chiellini, Thuram decided to back off from him. I have never seen anything like that before, especially from Thuram. I mean it was like he was retreating from Chiellini's area for the latter to just have a freebe. Some conspiracy theorists might even make a case for match fixing because of that goal.

The third was just bad marking by Thuram and Danielli got the better of him. Worst match of the year.

And by the way, I agree with Swag on all accounts.
    Thanks man, i didn't know he was soo bad...

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    I don;t know if I've forgotten the off-sides rule, but wasn't viola's 1st goal off-sides????? there was a player off-sides, but I couldn't see his shirt number

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
    I don;t know if I've forgotten the off-sides rule, but wasn't viola's 1st goal off-sides????? there was a player off-sides, but I couldn't see his shirt number
    He was in an offside position but not involved in the play whatsoever

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
    which means that it simply doesn't get called, or does that keep it from being offsides? As I said, I've completely forgotten the off-sides rules :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)