[Serie A] Fiorentina - Juventus (39 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Anyhow, I didn't watch this game, but from your posts i can see that our defence was sh!t, specially Thuram.

Well in my point of view, i think it's better that they did these mistakes better then doing it on Wed, we don't need stupid defending from our players.

So now am hoping capello can work on that, because Garcia, and baros are waiting for these errors to knock us out.

As for the game, am not sad, taking 1 point is better then nothing, but i thought we can lead tonight, Anyhow lets concentrate on Pool.

Forza Juve!

Aug 26, 2003
3:3 against Florence, to be honest i expected a win today, we had the chance to got 2 points clear, but we wasted it!

on the other hand we manged to come back 3 times and that shows great charakter and will give us confidence!

at the moment the defence is not working well we have conceded 5 goals in the last 2 games and that is simply to much for one of the best defences in the world.

But lets not forget we were without Trezeguet, Emerson, Zebina, Olivera and Kapo. I think without Emo we are very weakend as he is our key player this season. also Nedved is far far away from his best.

the positiv thing is that our strikers did well and esp. Zlatan has scored again which will boost his confidence.

all in all this draw should give us a wake up call as we have to improve to go into the semis in CL and to compete with Milan for the Scudetto

forza juve

ADP Timers

Feb 4, 2004
To give up 3 goals in a Serie A matchup is tough to swallow, especially since we have the best D on paper, if you look at the GA, not that team is Milan, but oh well.

Least we didnt trip that one point.

Ibra's 2nd goal was amazing. I can see this guys potential with Juve. Great link up with Zala.

Hope he steps it up in the games to come and proves to be the deciding factor against Liverpool and Milan.

Good to see Del come one goal closer to 170. What, 162 now?

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Nah, its 172....getting closer to 180....

And its also good to see Ibra's brace....the second goal was fantastic..... perhaps we could've won it at the end with Zambro, but we're still up there with Milan

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

oh man:down:
Actually Tom is incorrect with that statement. Thuram was at fault for all three goals.

Like I stated earlier, Thuram was caught up field when Fiorentina captured the ball, and he had to sprint back on the left side of the defense. Our backline did not shift over well enough to cover the void left by Thuram. Also, I think Pessotto should have done better on the tackle before Pazzini shot the ball.

The second was just amazing really. The ball was crossed into the box, and instead of marking Chiellini, Thuram decided to back off from him. I have never seen anything like that before, especially from Thuram. I mean it was like he was retreating from Chiellini's area for the latter to just have a freebe. Some conspiracy theorists might even make a case for match fixing because of that goal.

The third was just bad marking by Thuram and Danielli got the better of him. Worst match of the year.

And by the way, I agree with Swag on all accounts.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
My ratings:

Buffon 6
Birindelli 5
Thuram 4.5
Cannavaro 6
Zambrotta 6.5
Camoranesi 6.5
Tacchinardi 5.5
Pessotto 5
Nedved 5.5
Del Piero 7
Ibrahimovic 8

Zalayeta 6.5
Montero 6
Appiah 5.5

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
I also expected a win, but Thuram played pretty horrible tonight.

I juz love it when Zlatan managed ot score for us again.

Thanks swag and Andy for the reviews.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
How did Pazzini do for Fiorentina?

I'm still curious how Juve will resolve the situation for Maresca and Miccoli. For Cash? or For PLayer Exchage?

So I'd like to know how Pazzini and Bojinov are doing.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I'm not saying any of the goals were Buffon's fault,but the "best keeper in the world" should be able to pull off a world class save once in a while.He could've made three today but didn't measure up.The opposition's keeper almost always seems to play better and have salvaged points for their teams,by contrast Buffon usually has far fewer saves to make but rarely makes them.

People will blame the defence but Thuram and Cannavaro have protected Buffon's ass so well this season that winning a couple of matches a season for us when we really need it can't be too much to ask.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
I'm not talking about today in particular,in fact I didn't watch the game,but it just seems to me that other keepers win more games for their team than Buffon does.From what I've read,the defence was shit and Buffon wasn't at fault,but there have been times when he could've pulled a rabbit out of the hat and dragged the team across the finish line like other keepers have done.Liverpool for example.

He cost 32m for god's sake.The way people go on and on about him,you'd think he was better than Zoff and Yashin put together.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Well, congratulations Juventus....

Tonight you shot yourself in the foot.......twice !!!

In my opinion, we gave up both the CL and the scudetto in this game tonight

We had a clear cut chance to capitalize on Milan's draw, and we blew it !! Milan wont be letting in 3 goals to any team in the near future, and dont expect them to slip again........... We on the other hand.................

We gave up 3 goals to a bottom-feeder, relegation battling Fiorentina, who has been blasted on a few occasions this season. Not tonight however.

Yeah, its nice that we scored 3, and saved a tie, BUT WE SHOULD HAVE NEVER, EVER GIVEN UP 3 FVCKIN GOALS !!!!!:fero::fero::fero:

Which brings me to the CL

Some of you would be "experts" actually believe we'll beat Liverpool 1-0

What a joke that is........

We'll be lucky not to give up 3 on Wednesday, in fact we will lose the game

I am so disgusted right now.......:fero::fero::fero::fero::fero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)