[Serie A] Fiorentina - Juventus (13 Viewers)

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Great comeback. Would be embarassing to concede 3 goals AND lose vs Fiorentina.
And with Milan drawing I guess it's alright. Forza Ibra and forza Juve!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
In summary, our defending from set pieces was awful, Pazzini scored a cracker.

DP's goal should have been saved by their keeper (hey - I'm not complaining!), their keeper screwed up for Zlatan's first as well, and Zlatan and Zala combined brilliantly for Zlatan's second.

Juve dominated without really creating much, Camo was alright, Nedved was non existant - apart from when he put Zala in), DP seemed tired for the whole of the second half and did extremely little, the first goal sparked some life into Zlatan. Buffon was pretty shakey too.

Maresca was the most annoying player on the pitch, he did some embarrassing dives and was constantly looking for free kicks - don't want to see this guy back at Juve.

Chiellini was really good, very impressed with him.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Thank god we have good forwards.. Thats all I can say... Del Piero, Ibrahimovic and Zalayata.. All are world class...

Main negative notes are: Berindelli was very shaky and Thuram was not concetrating.

Players rating:

Buffon: 6.5: 3 goals but he has 0% resposibility for any of them. Only mistake done in the game is that during one of the his jumps he missed the ball.. But he fixed that by coming back again and saving the header..

Berindelli: 4.5: Very shaky.. He hasn't played for a while with the first team, plus the times he played he was far from being impresive. He takes huge responsibility for the first goal..

Thuram: 4: Totally not concetrating.. I would have given him much less especially that both 2nd and 3rd goals are his reposibility, but for the sake of some good takles 4 is his rating.

Cannavaro: 7 : Looked very sharp was carrying the whole deffence by himself espcially during the first half

Zambrotta: 7.5: Did very good job on the left midfield and was very aggressive.

Montero: 6: Good presentation, though did make few unnecessary fouls, but neverthelesslooked very solid.

Pessotto: 6: was doing good in the first half, but due to the fact that Nedved is not on form plus Tacchinardi is a deffensive midfielder the midfield was too slow. His substitution was not because he was not performing rather that we needed to change from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3.

Nedved: 5.5: Still far from his premium performance, deserves less but due to the fact that this is his 2nd match after injury 5.5 seems good for him.. We are waiting for you Champ.

Camoranesi: 8: Was superb today. Attacked, assisted, played as playmaker, as a wing, a deffensive midfielder, deffender ..etc he was everywhere. Man of the match in my opinion.

Appiah: -- : No mistakes but not enough time to rate him fully

Del Piero: 7.5: Did a very good job upfront. scored a very important goal (the 1st goal), very good passes. No mistakes in the game. Very good free kicks and corners.

Ibrahimovic: 7.5: Was not that good in the first half but managed to really impress in the 2nd by scoring two goals and some nice plays.

Zalayata: 7.5: The last two goals were because of him. He ran after the ball in the 2nd goal which caused the disturbance and his talented backheel assist to Ibrahimovic saw us get score the 3rd equalizer.

Thats my rating.

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
That 's not good. Our defence from set pieces is bad and Liverpool are playing very well on set pieces. Hope this kind of defence won't happen again on Wednsday

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I thought Camo was good in the 1st half, he played more centrally in the second and I didn't think he was effective.

Apart from DP's goal I didn't think he did much, second half he looked very slow.

I think Thuram deserved more than a 4, marking was suspect at set pieces but the Viola have some big players and the crosses that came in were excellent so any defenders would have struggled, apart from that he was solid and calm.

Agree with Nedved's rating though, he was very poor.

44BigBert

Aug 20, 2004
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
Thank god we have good forwards.. Thats all I can say... Del Piero, Ibrahimovic and Zalayata.. All are world class...

Main negative notes are: Berindelli was very shaky and Thuram was not concetrating.

Players rating:

Buffon: 6.5: 3 goals but he has 0% resposibility for any of them. Only mistake done in the game is that during one of the his jumps he missed the ball.. But he fixed that by coming back again and saving the header..

Berindelli: 4.5: Very shaky.. He hasn't played for a while with the first team, plus the times he played he was far from being impresive. He takes huge responsibility for the first goal..

Thuram: 4: Totally not concetrating.. I would have given him much less especially that both 2nd and 3rd goals are his reposibility, but for the sake of some good takles 4 is his rating.

Cannavaro: 7 : Looked very sharp was carrying the whole deffence by himself espcially during the first half

Zambrotta: 7.5: Did very good job on the left midfield and was very aggressive.

Montero: 6: Good presentation, though did make few unnecessary fouls, but neverthelesslooked very solid.

Pessotto: 6: was doing good in the first half, but due to the fact that Nedved is not on form plus Tacchinardi is a deffensive midfielder the midfield was too slow. His substitution was not because he was not performing rather that we needed to change from 4-4-2 to 4-3-3.

Nedved: 5.5: Still far from his premium performance, deserves less but due to the fact that this is his 2nd match after injury 5.5 seems good for him.. We are waiting for you Champ.

Camoranesi: 8: Was superb today. Attacked, assisted, played as playmaker, as a wing, a deffensive midfielder, deffender ..etc he was everywhere. Man of the match in my opinion.

Appiah: -- : No mistakes but not enough time to rate him fully

Del Piero: 7.5: Did a very good job upfront. scored a very important goal (the 1st goal), very good passes. No mistakes in the game. Very good free kicks and corners.

Ibrahimovic: 7.5: Was not that good in the first half but managed to really impress in the 2nd by scoring two goals and some nice plays.

Zalayata: 7.5: The last two goals were because of him. He ran after the ball in the 2nd goal which caused the disturbance and his talented backheel assist to Ibrahimovic saw us get score the 3rd equalizer.

Thats my rating.
good report :thumb:
thanks for that ..

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Capello has Liverpool concerns
Saturday 9 April, 2005
Fabio Capello admits Juve’s defensive worries are a concern for the Liverpool game, while Fiorentina can’t believe they failed to win tonight.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored two goals in the spectacular 3-3 draw at the Stadio Artemio Franchi, ending a goal drought lasting almost two months.

“Ibrahimovic angered me because he is always dangerous when he receives in the area, so I didn’t understand why he insisted on coming back to get the ball,” revealed Capello. “He proved tonight just what he can do and he’s very difficult to mark.”

The Bianconeri fought back three times to eventually grab a point and Capello switched to a 3-4-3 system for the second half.

“I believed the half-time substitutions were the right choice, as to win you need to take a few risks, and we had an excellent second half. The fact that we came back three times is psychologically important, but so is the fact the team showed passion, determination and character in a difficult situation.”

There is a worrying trend in that two of the goals conceded were headers and Capello admits that could be a problem in the Champions’ League encounter with Liverpool on Wednesday.

“We were lacking something in the air today compared to Fiorentina, but when a cross comes in like that and you’re not in position, there’s precious little you can do. Liverpool are an excellent squad that defends with a great deal of attention, while they are always dangerous on set-pieces. Unfortunately, we are a bit short on height at the moment, if you excuse the pun.”

Dino Zoff witnessed the best Viola performance of his reign, but emerged with just one point at the end of a thrilling match.

“Mistakes can happen, but it isn’t easy to swallow this result after going ahead three times. Hopefully we will learn from our errors eventually,” said the former Juve man.

Zoff was the best goalkeeper of his generation, so it must have been particularly galling to see Sebastian Cejas give away the first goal with a howler.

“When you’re a goalkeeper, the important thing is to get the ball, so style doesn’t really matter. The psychological status of a shot-stopper has always been crucial, as there is more pressure on him than anyone else.”

There were scuffles outside the Stadio Franchi before the game, but the team managed to pour the intense rivalry into a positive performance.

“These games are always dangerous because there is the risk tensions will spill over, so I tried to keep the team relaxed and not pile more pressure on them. This is football, not a war zone,” said Zoff.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++
ZAF, how can you rate Camoranesi more than Zlatan and Zalayeta as much as Zlatan knowing that both did not score?
Regarding Zlatan, if the he only played the 2nd half I would have given him higher than 7.5 . The problem is that his first half performance was not that good.
Zalayata, though he did not score, he was the reason for both Zlatan's goals. Plus he was doing very well on the right wing and the center of the attacking field.. Without Zalayata, I have huge doubts we would have been able to get to this score line.
Camoranesi he was everywhere, he was the one taking Juve from deffense to offense where ever the ball was. Also he was deffending really well. With Nedved's weak performance Camoranesi was playing for both him and Nedved. (and Berinedelli in the first half as well).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)