[Serie A] Fiorentina - Juventus (9 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++
4-3-3 without Trez? So now Capello prefers Zala than Trez? :eek:
Dude, can't you read? Both of them are injured and won't make the trip to Florence.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Hmm, I guess we'll see a less inspired Del Piero tomorrow. The 4-3-3 was the key for his good form, his role in that formation suited him well.
I hope Capello plays Nedved in a much more of a central role behind the strikers, allowing Del Piero to roam to the left and giving Zambrotta more space to attack.

Anyway according to Gazzetta both De Cellie and Masiello will be on the bench for the match. It would be nice to see one of them get a chance later in the game .
We really don't need to risk this game, they can play on friendly matches:).. We only wanna put players we trust, specially in this delicate moment....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Fan v Fan: Fiorentina-Juventus
4/1/2005 5:11:00 PM
This weekend Serie A throws up a fascinating fixture which, if not one of the big classic derbies of Italian football, is certainly one of the most keenly anticipated and intensely contested confrontations. Quite simply, Fiorentina fans are unimpressed by Juventus and their followers, and relish the opportunity to embarrass the Old Lady of Turin. Viola fan Simone Velluti Zati (aka Il Duca) and Juve supporter Bruno Cardile spoke to Goal.com ahead of Saturday’s clash in Firenze…
GOAL: First of all, how do you feel about your side’s campaign so far? Have you been delighted or dismayed by it?

Simone (Viola): Well I have been clearly dismayed since I was expecting a transitional year from Fiorentina, but I was not expecting to find the team fighting against relegation. I think the overall value of the team is pretty good but it’s a team which has changed a lot from last year, it’s mainly made up of young players and most important of all it lacked a serious tactical project. The Della Valle family has made some mistakes of evaluation but Firenze has to keep its calm and be aware that the future is ours, I am sure of that.

Bruno (Juve): I am delighted that Juve are competitive in both competitions this year. Last year we finished third and we were dumped out of the CL in the second round. Our defence has greatly improved from last year. We lost a little ground against Milan, but we do have the quality to be victors in both competitions. Capelli is a great coach. The fact he has imposed his system and so far has been successful is testimony to his coaching abilities.

GOAL: Tactically, where do you think this match may be won or lost?

Simone (Viola): I personally believe that a Fiorentina- Juventus game, especially when played in Firenze, is usually decided by episodes and heart more than any tactical invention. However the most important thing for Fiorentina will be to be able to attack Juventus on the wings and hopefully put them in difficulty. Especially on Zebina’s side Jorgensen could be the key to bring danger to Buffon.

Bruno (Juve): Tactically, the match will be lost in defence. Fiorentina’s defence is one of the worst in Serie A and well, I just do not see them stopping Ibra, Trezuget, Zalayeta and Del Piero. Juve’s offense is not a walk in the park. We are capable of scoring and we have shown it this year. We score but we can hold a lead, something that many teams cannot do.

GOAL: Which opposition player do you consider to be the greatest threat to your team in this clash?

Simone (Viola): The answer to this question would probably be Pavel Nedved since he is making his comeback against us. However, since he has been injured I truly hope he won’t be in great shape and, therefore, I believe the real threat comes from having to score against the strongest goalkeeper I have ever seen play, Buffon.

Bruno (Juve): Without a doubt Maresca. A young player with great abilities. He was tipped to be Italy’s Zidane and he just could be. He possesses great ball control. It is a pity that Moggi sold him. It is one of his few mistakes. Juve is getting old and we need young blood to ensure future succcess. Just look at the mid to late nineties. Juve had veterans like Di Canio, Baggio and Vialli. However, they had great young talent like Vieri, Del Piero and Inzaghi to fill the gaps. I just do not see this at Juventus any more.

GOAL: Would you want him in your team?

Simone (Viola): Of course I would, especially considering our options are Lupatelli and Cejas, no offence but I don’t feel very secure every time the ball comes inside our area!

Bruno (Juve): Yes. Nedved is not getting any younger and if he ever re-finds his top form, he will be deadly. We need a playmaker and Maresca could be the man. He has not gelled in this year at his new team, but if he ever were to go back to Juve or join another big team and find his form, he will be all over the sports pages. Quite unfortunate we let him go.

GOAL: Who from your team should we keep a particular eye on here?

Simone (Viola): As I said before I have the feeling that the player which might change the game in our favor might be Martin Jorgensen.

Bruno (Juve): Del Piero. A seasoned player. Yes he has his critics including me, but when he shows up to play he can be the deciding factor. The goal he scored against Reggina reminded me of the good old days when he was in top form. However, the purple shirts must be cautious of all our players, for Juve have quality players in every department.

GOAL: What are your side’s greatest strengths?

Simone (Viola): My side hasn’t shown all these strenghts until now to be honest, but sometimes it has been able to show a certain ability to react in difficult moments and this is one of those moments for sure, a victory would be extremely important for the 3 points but also psychologically. Instead a defeat could be very, very hard to digest and the risk is that as usual the city could fall into depression and the team would suffer a lot from this situation.

Bruno (Juve): Juve’s greatest strength is its never say die attitude. We showed this against Real and we won. Also our team spirit is second to none. When you wear the Juve shirt you become one with the organization and work to achieve its goals: to win, period. Losses are not acceptable to Juve and to the Juve tifosi.

GOAL: And weaknesses?

Simone (Viola): Well if it hasn’t shown many strenghts it has for sure been able to show many weaknesses. I would say that the principal ones have been the weakness of some players on the bench, a wrong physical preparation since we have suffered so many injuries, and of course having changed coaches so much.

Bruno (Juve): Our weakness I hate to say is that we are too rough. We pick up to many cards and some players like Olivera are too emotional. This can cause a dangerous predicament and it does not benefit our team. Also, i see Juve to be too lax. The team relaxes after they score a goal and do not go for the kill like they should. I like Juve to win by a couple of more goals sometimes. It would give us tifosi more breathing space.

GOAL: What do your lot typically think of their lot?

Simone (Viola): As most fiorentini, I simply can’t stand them, I can’t stand the team and what it represents in Italy and can’t stand their fans.

Bruno (Juve): We do not think much of Fiorentina. We know that they hate us but they never have amassed any success. They only won a few Scudettos and with the great players they had they never managed anything great. For us they are another Inter, but at least with Inter you have to worry. When Juve play Fiorentina we just sit back and relax. We know that our side can dispose of them.

GOAL: What single thing irritates you most about them?

Simone (Viola): The fact that their fans, which first of all come from all over Italy and not from a single city which already irritates me a lot, have a stupid smile on their faces when you tell them of all the advantages that their team has had past and present to win what they have won. They don’t even argue it anymore!

Bruno (Juve): What irritates me the most is they were declared bankrupt and in 2 years they are back in Serie A. They should be in Serie B still. Secondly, Delle Valle is learning from Moratti. Money and players do not buy success and still some teams just do not get it.

GOAL: And what do you grudgingly admire?

Simone (Viola): Not much but sometimes, especially at international levels they have been able to win against teams which were stronger because of their capacity to be a solid, mentally concentrated and united team. I hope one day Fiorentina will have these characteristics.

Bruno (Juve): I admire how many of their players want to wear the shirt. Di Livio was a former Juve player and went to Fiorentina. He stayed with them through the good and bad. There must be something in the air. Also, I admire their fans on how they support their team. Great team support allows for wonderful things to happen. It can change the outcome of a game.

GOAL: Who is your all-time number one hate figure (or object of amusement) from their lot?

Simone (Viola): Firenze has always been against the Agnelli family because of their role in italian society and because of their role in the club. Juventus has always rapresented the evil power and the Agnelli were the main figures of this power.

Bruno (Juve): Gabriel Batistuta. He wasted so many years there when he could have played for other teams and win something. He only won an Italian Cup there for heavens sake.

GOAL: What’s the best of business ever done between the two clubs?

Simone (Viola): In the past years a few playershave moved from Juve to Firenze and actually have always ended up tp become important players of the team. It has happened with Torricelli and Di Livio in the past and I’m very positive it will be the same With Miccoli and Maresca, don’t know about Chiellini since he is probably going to move back to Juve soon.

Bruno (Juve): Without a doubt Roberto Baggio. Fiorentina sold him to Juventus and at Juve Baggio flourished. He won the UFEA Cup, A Scudetto, the Golden Ball and the World Player of the year. He became the symbol of Juve till the new era came and threw him out. His best years as a player were at Juventus. The tifosi thank him for the memories.

GOAL: What’s your fondest memory of past clashes against them?

Simone (Viola): I have two games which I remember the most. The first one is when we won with a goal in overtime scored by Borgonovo back in the days when Baggio was still playng with us. The second one is when we won 1-0 always in firenze with a goal of Fuser on free kick and Baggio refused to kick a penalty kick which was then missed by De Agostini. Baggio was then substituted and as he was leaving the field picked up a purple scarf and put it around his neck. Great memories for all real Viola fans!!!

Bruno (Juve): The very fact that we win most of them.

GOAL: What do you think the score of this match will be, and how will it affect your week?

Simone (Viola): I am sorry but I will never say a score of a Fiorentina – Juve game, I’m too scaramantic. It will affect my week believe me!!! Forza Viola.

Bruno (Juve): I predict that Juve will win 1-0. How it will affect my week. Juve do not pay my bills so i will not die as a result, but a win will serve my ego well as my team will be closer to winning the Scudetto. Now, if only Milan would lose…

And so to kick-off....

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Bruno (Juve): Without a doubt Maresca. A young player with great abilities. He was tipped to be Italy’s Zidane and he just could be. He possesses great ball control. It is a pity that Moggi sold him. It is one of his few mistakes. Juve is getting old and we need young blood to ensure future succcess. Just look at the mid to late nineties. Juve had veterans like Di Canio, Baggio and Vialli. However, they had great young talent like Vieri, Del Piero and Inzaghi to fill the gaps. I just do not see this at Juventus any more.
rubbish

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

Capello counts Juve injuries

Fabio Capello freely admits he is forced to pick a starting eleven for tonight’s trip to Florence and will start with Pavel Nedved.

“My line-up pretty much picks itself in this situation,” said the Juventus Coach. “There aren’t many to choose from.”

David Trezeguet, Marcelo Zalayeta and Ciro Ferrara are injured, while Ruben Olivera is suspended for the Stadio Artemio Franchi clash.

“Trezeguet came back from international duty with an ankle problem caused by a terrible challenge that prompted his red card reaction, though the goal should hopefully have boosted his confidence. Zalayeta has back pain, but we hope both will be available for the Liverpool game.”

Pavel Nedved has been out of action since he was knocked unconscious in a clash of heads with Real Madrid’s Raul Bravo, but is finally ready for his comeback.

“Nedved worked well in training and in my view those returning from a long-term injury should start the match,” revealed Capello.

The rivalry between Juventus and Fiorentina has not been dimmed by the Viola’s recent financial problems and has an extra spice to it this season.

Although Fabrizio Miccoli is out with an Achilles tendon problem, another former Turin star – Enzo Maresca – claimed in the Press this week that he hoped Juventus would end the campaign empty-handed.

“In life you have to make choices and the club opted to cash in on some players in order to bring in others who we needed more,” explained the former Roma boss. “You have to take the balance sheet into account and I think our transfer campaign went very well.”

It’s a dangerous encounter and a slip could allow Milan – who welcome relegation strugglers Brescia – to break away at the top of the table.

“It won’t be an easy game, as Fiorentina can beat anyone on their day. But in Serie A the big names mean little, as there is danger around every corner.”

Zoff feeds on Viola rivalry

Dino Zoff returns to face his former club and hopes the intense rivalry between Juve and Fiorentina can push them on to a shock victory.

“We are all fired up for this match,” said the Viola boss ahead of tonight’s encounter. “Everyone is eager to get a satisfying result for the players and especially the supporters. There is always something in sport that goes beyond quality and that fire can prove very useful.”

Fiorentina have long held a fiercely passionate rivalry with Juventus and it has not been dimmed by their relegation due to financial problems.

“I have also experienced this match from the other side, but now I am the Coach of Fiorentina and Juve are like any other opponent for me.”

Zoff is not the only familiar face, as Fabrizio Miccoli – out with an Achilles tendon injury – Enzo Maresca, Giorgio Chiellini and Angelo Di Livio are all former Bianconeri.

“Everyone will be determined and we have 20 important players in this squad. There might be space for Di Livio later in the game, but not everyone can start.”

Martin Jorgensen has recovered from a foot injury and should start on the left, while Enrico Fantini seems set to partner Giampaolo Pazzini upfront.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Trez issues French apology Friday 1 April, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Trezeguet has apologised to his France teammates for his costly sending off in Wednesday's World Cup qualifier against Israel.

The Juventus ace had given Les Bleus the lead before seeing red for head-butting Tal Ben Haim, and Israel profited from their numerical advantage to level the scores at 1-1.

"I penalised the whole team when we had the match won," said the 27-year-old. "I'm sincerely sorry for letting down my teammates, who gave everything to hold on.

"I'll also be phoning the Coach (Raymond Domenech) to apologise."

Trezeguet automatically misses France's next match at home to the Faroe Islands, but is liable to face a longer ban from FIFA that would keep him out of the side's crunch qualifier away to the Republic of Ireland.

"I hope FIFA take into account that I reacted to a bad tackle from behind. The defender just went for me and he should have been sent off too,” he argued.

"But it's not like it was my first international. I should be used to that kind of provocation by now. I just didn't think.

"I'm really not that kind of player, I've never been sent off for France before."

It was a night of mixed emotion for the former Monaco frontman, who also became the second-highest scorer in France's history behind Michel Platini.

"I'm proud, but most of all I'm sad,” he said. “Not for me but for my colleagues. It's just a shame."

To make matters worse, Ben Haim's tackle has left Trezeguet with an ankle injury that has ruled him out of Juventus' away game to Fiorentina tomorrow.

The Bianconeri are also without fellow striker Marcelo Zalayeta but Pavel Nedved will return in a 4-4-2 formation

source: channel4.com

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Capello counts Juve injuries Saturday 2 April, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Capello freely admits he is forced to pick a starting eleven for tonight’s trip to Florence and will start with Pavel Nedved.

“My line-up pretty much picks itself in this situation,” said the Juventus Coach. “There aren’t many to choose from.”

David Trezeguet, Marcelo Zalayeta and Ciro Ferrara are injured, while Ruben Olivera is suspended for the Stadio Artemio Franchi clash.

“Trezeguet came back from international duty with an ankle problem caused by a terrible challenge that prompted his red card reaction, though the goal should hopefully have boosted his confidence. Zalayeta has back pain, but we hope both will be available for the Liverpool game.”
Pavel Nedved has been out of action since he was knocked unconscious in a clash of heads with Real Madrid’s Raul Bravo, but is finally ready for his comeback.

“Nedved worked well in training and in my view those returning from a long-term injury should start the match,” revealed Capello.

The rivalry between Juventus and Fiorentina has not been dimmed by the Viola’s recent financial problems and has an extra spice to it this season.

Although Fabrizio Miccoli is out with an Achilles tendon problem, another former Turin star – Enzo Maresca – claimed in the Press this week that he hoped Juventus would end the campaign empty-handed.

“In life you have to make choices and the club opted to cash in on some players in order to bring in others who we needed more,” explained the former Roma boss. “You have to take the balance sheet into account and I think our transfer campaign went very well.”

It’s a dangerous encounter and a slip could allow Milan – who welcome relegation strugglers Brescia – to break away at the top of the table.

“It won’t be an easy game, as Fiorentina can beat anyone on their day. But in Serie A the big names mean little, as there is danger around every corner.”

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
Serie A Preview: Fiorentina-Juventus
4/1/2005 5:25:00 PM
The bitter rivalry between the Old Lady and the Viola is as fierce as ever as both teams prepare to face one another. Juventus need all three points in their tussle with Milan at the top, whilst Fiorentina are desperate for points in their battle against\ relegation.
BACKGROUND

Fiorentina are still lurking near the foot of the table and will need to drastically improve on their haul of just 31 points from 19 games if they are to remain in Serie A. 15th place is not good enough for a club that has made such a significant investment in the transfer market. Before the season began, most critics believed that the Viola would be challenging for a place in Europe and not playing for survival.

Record signing Valeri Bojinov will miss the game through injury and is joined by Miccoli. The on loan Juve man is perhaps the only bright point of the season so far as so many of the Viola faithful have been left disappointed by their players this term. Miccoli will be disappointed to miss out on the clash against his former employers as the striker has not been shy in his criticism of Juventus this season. Another former Juve man; Enzo Maresca is desperate to get one over on his old club. Maresca is still part owned by Juventus after leaving the Old Lady in a co-ownership deal at the beginning of the season. Despite many successful performances, Maresca has been largely overlooked by the Turin club and the midfielder vented is frustration this week.

“I was happy at Juventus and I think I gave my contribution, however, I was saddened by the way they offloaded me. They made me promises that were not kept.”

The former Italy Under 21 international’s comments are sure to add spice to what will certainly be a tense encounter.

Juventus have been back to their best of late after Capello’s recent tactical changes. The three-striker system has compensated for the loss of Pavel Nedved after the Czech midfielder suffered a serious head injury against Real Madrid. With the former Lazio ace back in contention for a starting place, Capello may revert back to a 4-4-2 system, dropping one of his strikers to the bench. Given David Trezeguet’s recent poor international form Del Piero and Ibrahimovic look the more likely partners for this one.

FORM GUIDE

Fiorentina: LDWDLL
Zoff’s men have shown a marked improvement in performances recently, but are still missing out on valuable points. The Viola will need to turn their run around quickly as the remaining Serie A matches run out.

Juventus: LWWWWW
Juventus have passed their poor spell and are now on course to carry on and challenge Milan till the very end.

TEAM NEWS

Fiorentina:
The Viola are without their two star strikers. Bojinov has been on the injured list for some weeks now and his presence will surely be missed as Fiorentina struggle to score goals. Miccoli has been the best Viola player this season and miss loss will give Fiorentina less potency. Those two apart, Zoff has a full squad to choose from.

Juventus:
Fabio Capello has almost a full squad to choose from for this match and can call on all of his first team stars. The long awaited return of Nedved should add some more creativity to Juve’s game. Frenchman Trezeguet looks set to start on the bench as Del Piero and Ibrahimovic are preferred.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Juventus:
Emerson has been strongly linked with a move to Real Madrid this week after revealing that he is not happy at the Turin club. The Brazilian is key to Capello’s team and if he is mentally focussed could decide the outcome of this game. Emerson is tenacious and helps keep his midfield solid and well organized.

Fiorentina:
Chiellini is still owned by Juventus and expected to make a summer return to the club. The youngster recently made his Azzuri debut, impressing in a 2-0 win over Scotland. With Juve’s Zambrotta linked with Chelsea, many see Chiellini as the ideal man to fill his boots.

PROBABLE STARTING XIs

Fiorentina (4-4-2):
Cejas; Delli Carri, Ufjalusi, Dainelli, Chiellini; Ariatti, Donadel, Maresca, Di Livio; Fantini; Pazzini.

Juventus (4-4-2):
Buffon - Zebina, Thuram, F.Cannavaro, Zambrotta - Camoranesi, Blasi, Emerson, Nedved - Del Piero, Ibrahimovic.

PREDICTION

With former Juventus players facing their old club the match will be a heated and well contested affair. Players such as Pazzini have proved in the past that they can hurt the Bianconeri when it counts. Juventus should just shade this encounter.

Fiorentina 2-3 Juventus
:D

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
just hared that in Abu Dhabi sport channel in Calcio flash prog
juve is going to play with 4-3-3 , nedved to start and trez to be benched
Nedved in a 4-3-3, where exactly will he play than?

++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

We really don't need to risk this game, they can play on friendly matches:).. We only wanna put players we trust, specially in this delicate moment....
We could try them if the result is safe in our hands, or if victory is beyond our reach.

++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
which time is the game?
1800 hours, Brussels time

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The CONI has announced that all Serie A and B games will be rescheduled as a sign of respect for Pope John Paul II.

There had already been rumours that the matches would be halted if His Holiness lost his fight for life over the weekend, but calls to stop now proved stronger.

It is believed that the Serie A encounters will be rescheduled for Wednesday April 20, moving the planned Coppa Italia ties forward by one week to accomodate them.

From Channel4.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)