[Serie A] Fiorentina - Juventus (29 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Maresca was good but he is taking the transfer thing too seriously, he either should get over it or see a shrink to make him get over it

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Maresca eyes Juve revenge Thursday 31 March, 2005

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fiorentina’s Enzo Maresca is looking to prove a point against former club Juventus on Saturday.

The midfielder, who is co-owned by both sides, is angered that he was never given his chance in Turin and is eager for revenge following his summer switch.

"I was happy at Juventus and I think I gave my contribution," said the former Under-21 international.

"However, I was saddened by the way they offloaded me. They made me promises that were not kept.

"I thank the fans and my former teammates but I can’t do the same to those who didn’t have belief in me ."

But Maresca, who has also spent loan spells at Piacenza and Bologna while with the Turin giants, is now looking to the future.

"I need to forget about the past," he added. "I feel settled in Florence and I want to give my best for the team."

Maresca’s comments will add extra spice to an already fierce rivalry, but the midfielder insists his club just need to focus on the points.

"It is a very important game for the city and the fans," he explained. "But it is even more key for our League position."

Fiorentina and Juventus, despite last summer’s transfers which also saw Giorgio Chiellini and Fabrizio Miccoli move south, share one of calcio’s great rivalries

source: channel4.com

Who wouldnt be upset if u were offloaded 3 times? I would have had enough of that too to be honest. Wad I can conclude is that Maresca is emotional and his heart still remains in Juve. Too bad we treated him like sh!t when he has got to chance to prove to us when he was at Juve.

Krister

Jan 17, 2005
Everyone from Norway!! Call or mail Canalplus Norge!
They are not showing Juve on saturday. Canalplus Sverige does! I hate it!

Call them and thell them what u mean. I have!:fero:
Their telephonenumber is 22939333. Email [email protected]

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
++ [ originally posted by 44BigBert ] ++
i think maresca is not a regular starter in viola, right ??? he doesn't have a good season there.
he is injuired.. but he is allways the best when he playes, along with miccoli

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Juve, emergenza attaccanti

Ha gli attaccanti contati a Firenze Fabio Capello, per la trasferta di sabato pomeriggio al Franchi in casa dei viola, inftti, la sua Juventus non potrà contare su David Trezeguet e Marcelo Zalayeta.
Il bomber francese e il Panteròn uruguagio sono tornati acciaccati dalle partite con le rispettive Nazionali. Il primo lamenta un'infiammazione alla caviglia, il secondo un problema alla schiena.

Trezeguet and Zalayeta can not make the trip to florence. :down: both injuired from international games..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
&#$*%&#$(%!!!!!!

O man our situation is so sh1t. Our attackers Kapo, Trez + Zalayeta r injured, and Olivera is suspended. Looks like the chances of us playing 4-4-2 r high.

Aug 26, 2003
Zambrotta: "They are all finals"

“This is a special match, much felt by both sides and supporters. It will be a struggled, tough match and we must absolutely win. Winning every match is fundamental to us in order to face Milan in the face-to-face match with more points or at least equal.” Zambrotta looks at the Saturday match against Fiorentina, a special challenge for him.

In fact, it’s Dino Zoff on the Viola bench, he who launched Gianluca in the National team: “Zoff caused my debut in the Azzurri outfit – he remembers – He’s been very important in my career. I’m willing to greet him and I’ll thank him. I wish him to do well with Fiorentina; they do not deserve to be in their present position in the table but they had several problems, from injuries to changes of coach. I hope they can catch up.”

The match in Florence takes place a few days before another away match, the one against Liverpool in Champions League: “They’re two important matches within a very short time but it won’t be a problem. It’s not the first time that we have to handle very close events and we won’t find it hard to keep concentration high. Physical-wise we have already proved we can manage it, like in the match against Real, when we could play all the way to the second extra time without slowing down.”

The conversation inevitably shifts to the Scudetto race with Milan: “From now on, until the face-to-face match with them, all the matches will be like finals – Gianluca explains - It’s always hard playing against clubs who are fighting to remain in Serie A, and that’s when you risk losing points. I think that those who win over them will win the Scudetto. Play-offs? Well I hope this won’t be the case, also because I’m getting married on June, 18th!”.

Aug 1, 2003
Thought Chiellini is doing pretty well in Fiorentina.

Oh crap, how long will Trez and Zala be out ?? Please let them recover before the trip to Anfield

I don't have a good feeling bout this match :down:

nori

Jan 9, 2005
++ [ originally posted by ZhiXin ] ++
&#$*%&#$(%!!!!!!

O man our situation is so sh1t. Our attackers Kapo, Trez + Zalayeta r injured, and Olivera is suspended. Looks like the chances of us playing 4-4-2 r high.
Are high?
That is the only way we can play now.

But in the other hand I think that the 4-3-3 would be a bit dangerous to play away to fiorentina. Besides capello can play with 4-4-2 but ask nedved to be much more attacking than usually. I guess the key will be Alex, cause he has had time to rest and Ibra just can't score at the moment
I was in the stadium when bulgaria played sweeden by the way and I saw Ibrahimovic playing live. He really needs to work on his finishing touch. But I was amazed by the hundred of tricks he had on how to get the ball off the ground
anyway
I think we will win 1-2 (mark my words about the result)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)