[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (16 Viewers)

Jul 29, 2008
If Fiorentina will be better when Mutu returns then Juventus will be much better when Chiellini, Zebina, Sissoko and Trezeguet return.
Well... If Trez was right he would be instead of Amauri in first 11.. And i remember how Trez played 70% of his matches last season - so i think result would be the same.. Sissoko would be instead of Marchiso - But Marchiso didnt make any mistkes so it disputably what result would be... Chiellini - yes he would gave us result only if he come instead of Mellberg..

Jun 13, 2007
Anyone with above zero tactical intelligent will through Iaquinta instead of Del Piero during last half hour and Giovinco instead of Camo or Amauri after Jovetic red.

Not Ranieri though, not Ranieri.
I disagree. This wasn't a game for Giovinco. We were too vulnerable at the back to put on a player that is purely attack-minded. As Ihave always said in the past, Giovinco does not fit in the 4-2-2-2 formation. Nedved and Camo are players that go back and help out defensively, Giovinco can't help there. This will create a huge loophole defensively and will cause us many problems.

Giovinco can play in a diamond midfield where he is the sole attacking midfielder.
Also, against smaller teams he can be used instead of Nedved and Camo as it wouldn't be much of a gamble, but certainly not against the likes of Fiorentina, Milan, and Inter, at least not in this formation.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranieri: Juve bunch of dummies! Sunday 31 August, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri lambasted his team of “dummies” for allowing 10-man Fiorentina to equalise.

“Many times you accept a draw, in other occasions it leaves you upset,” commented the Coach after the 1-1 result at the Stadio Franchi.

“We were in charge of the game and could have sealed it with Amauri and Alessandro Del Piero. An experienced side like Juve cannot allow Fiorentina these chances. We were dummies.”

Pavel Nedved had given the Bianconeri the lead, but in the final minute – after Felipe Melo’s dismissal – Alberto Gilardino turned Olof Mellberg to grab a point.

“Allowing your opponents into the box lets them flick on the ball and strike from close range, which is what Gilardino did,” continued Ranieri.

“He’s very good at leaning on defenders, so he scored a trademark goal there.”

The tactician’s own choices caused some confusion, though, as after the red card he introduced striker Vincenzo Iaquinta for midfielder Mauro Camoranesi.

“Camoranesi had asked to come off because he had a calf problem, so I threw on Iaquinta to ‘tell’ the squad that we had the strength to finish the job. Then Gilardino’s goal ruined the whole plan.

“I go to bed relaxed tonight because I know we have signed some new players who still have to settle in and learn how the team approaches games. We were missing the entire midfield spine of the squad, but didn’t notice, so I am satisfied with the work done.”

Juventus went to Florence without Momo Sissoko, Cristiano Zanetti, Marco Marchionni, Giorgio Chiellini and David Trezeguet.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug31t.html
Dear God, shut the fuck up, Ranieri. You're a fucking loser. You were the real dummy.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Dont know where to start.

I remember when we made the deal for Mellberg already during last season, saying that if his a backup rotation player, good signing, but if a major/starter not good enough. And we saw that today again. Whats pathetic is that we actually havent signed a good partner for chiellini when he comes back. Legro looked ok today, but after last year i thought we would consider some upgrade, we are playing in CL after all this season. And then we go for Knezevic whos also at best a backup player. A club like Juve has to have a top central defensive partnership.

And now here we are, hours left to make the last signing. FFS we had 3 months to plan, 3 months, not 2 days.

What makes this even more ridiculous is that then we go and spend lot on an extra striker. Amauri wasnt bad, but what are the priorities. WHY DIDNT WE SIGN a proper defender. WHY?

I dont even want to talk about Ranieri and his substitutions. Nothing has changed.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #514
    Am I the only one here who thought Marchisio looked promising? He did in the first half at least.
    I thought he was good too, in the beginning he was daring and he took that shot. I thought he should keep these movements but he drew back slowly as the time passed by.

I think he can be a great box-to-box player but today he kept his duties to defending.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    Dont know where to start.

I remember when we made the deal for Mellberg already during last season, saying that if his a backup rotation player, good signing, but if a major/starter not good enough. And we saw that today again. Whats pathetic is that we actually havent signed a good partner for chiellini when he comes back. Legro looked ok today, but after last year i thought we would consider some upgrade, we are playing in CL after all this season. And then we go for Knezevic whos also at best a backup player. A club like Juve has to have a top central defensive partnership.

And now here we are, hours left to make the last signing. FFS we had 3 months to plan, 3 months, not 2 days.

What makes this even more ridiculous is that then we go and spend lot on an extra striker. Amauri wasnt bad, but what are the priorities. WHY DIDNT WE SIGN a proper defender. WHY?

I dont even want to talk about Ranieri and his substitutions. Nothing has changed.

The ironic thing is that we wont make any signings

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
    I am disappointed.. We could've won the game. We lost concentration when it ment the most.
    Legrotallie was covering for Melbergs flaws, who let Gilardino past him twice. The first we were lucky with but the second caused us 2 points.
    Del Piero wasn't very impressive today.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I thought he was good too, in the beginning he was daring and he took that shot. I thought he should keep these movements but he drew back slowly as the time passed by.

I think he can be a great box-to-box player but today he kept his duties to defending.
    I think it's weird to see Poulsen being the central midfielder who goes up the pitch a little further when we had the ball. I can see that when Sissoko is out there, but with Marchisio I would have thought the latter would take that role a little more.

Poulsen did the same thing against Artmedia last week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)