[SERIE A] Fiorentina - Juventus (31st August, 2008) (23 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
we all saw, well maybe not everybody here and Ranieri saw DP wasn't in a good day so I was screaming put Giovinco instead of him. I wanted Giovinco to play behind Amauri to pack the mid a little more and put some pressure on viola merda's mids. A free role would have been so perfect in this game.

Naturally, Ranieri didn't do that and the violas did only one thing...mid gets ball...throw it to Gila.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Your words : "you give him higher rating than he deserves"... I gave him lowest rating i can.. "no good" he get with Mellberg.. w
I thought you also have awful because you said : "Amauri wasn't NOT GOOD, he was AWFUL" and you also said that it was Amuri who was the worst player, together with Mellberg, but somehow you forgot to include Del Piero in that category.

I suggest we drop this. It's your opinion after all, but i couldn't resist to disagree with you.

Jul 29, 2008
I thought you also have awful because you said : "Amauri wasn't NOT GOOD, he was AWFUL" and you also said that it was Amuri who was the worst player, together with Mellberg, but somehow you forgot to include Del Piero in that category.

I suggest we drop this. It's your opinion after all, but i couldn't resist to disagree with you.
ok man, but agree if i say "XXX(any player) was awfull" i dont have to plus all others who was aufull too.... And anyway for me Mellberg wasnt better than DP today..

Jun 13, 2007
My player ratings.

Buffon 6- Wasn't exactly kept busy against Fiorentina and nothing he can do about the goal.

Molinaro 5.5- Very clumsy with the ball as usual.

Mellberg 4- Overall, he was average with a few blunders here and there but was completely at fault for the equalizing goal. He simply allowed Gila the space to shoot and that was a critical error. We desperately need Chiellini back.

Legro 7- Very solid, almost no mistakes at all and some masterful interceptions.

Grygera 7- Great work in assisting Nedved the first goal of the game and was equaly solid defensively.

Marchisio 6.5- I liked him, he fought for every ball and managed to win most of the battles. He has a future at this club.

Poulsen 6- He was also a warrior in the middle and broke down numerous attacks.

Camo 7- He had some great bursts down the right flank and gave La Viola some trouble defensively. I expected a little more from though despite a good performance.

Nedved 7.5- Full of energy in the first half and it paid of as he scored his first goal this season. I thought he had to be changed in the second half as his legs can't last too many 90 min games.

Amauri 7- His work rate is immense, he was constantly sprinting and desperately trying to make something happen. He just didn't get the delivery. He soon will, hopefully.

Del piero 6- He was good in the first half but completely disappeared in the second. He should have come off in the second half.

Subs:

IQ N/A
De Ceglie N/A

Ranieri 4- He should have utilized his changes better. Instead, he just chickened out and thought since things were going well, nothing had to be changed.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #487
    And so what?? Mellberg was in starting line-up anyway so Gilla's goal would happen anyway... So Fiorentina at least will be better when Mutu return..
    If Fiorentina will be better when Mutu returns then Juventus will be much better when Chiellini, Zebina, Sissoko and Trezeguet return.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Buffon - 7 Made good saves

Grygera - good job creating the goal but he doesnt has any clue about defending therefore 5.5

Mellberg - 5 was lucky to get a 5 from me! made some errors including not closing Gilardino as should when we conceded the goal

Legrottaglie - 7 quite solid I liked him good performence

Molinaro - 5 did nothing good

Camoranesi - 7 quite good controlling our midfield the only one who seemed to do something to take us forward

Marchisio - 5.5 wasnt good but wasnt bad altough he made too many fouls

Poulsen - 6.5 normal performance nothing more to say

Nedved - 6.5 one of the few to move their asses

Amauri - 5 wasnt bad but he is quite slow

Del Piero - 5 was ok but really missed a chance that should have gone in for sure

De Ceglie- 5.5 the only reason I cut him half a point was the way he gave up posession when the attacker pressed him near the corner flag but luckily it went out anyway

Iaquinta - I cant rate him as I dont remember him even touching the ball

Ranieri- 3 I`m sorry but I cant give him more than that
    You cant give a manager who tell his players to sit back against a team while your team are leading 1-0 and look in control not to mention that we are superior
    I saw us lead 1-0 and playing quite well in the 1st half then we went to the defensive zone and stayed there like they are Barcelona or Real and we are a Serie C side or something
    the most annoying thing was to keep seeing it after Fiorentina were playing with 10 men!!!

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
    I know that many here don't like to hear this but i really think "de ceglie" is an average player at best. Am not basing my opinion in tonight's game (cause he played last minutes of the game) but rather after watching lots of games for him with siena and the italian team. With molinaro and de ceglie we have a serious problem on the left.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Great day for the big teams today

FT Chelsea 1 - 1 Tottenham H.
    FT Aston Villa 0 - 0 Liverpool
    FT AC Milan 1 - 2 Bologna
    FT AS Roma 1 - 1 Napoli
    FT Fiorentina 1 - 1 Juventus
    FT Numancia 1 - 0 Barcelona
    FT Deportivo La Coruna 2 - 1 Real Madrid

I wish i was a bookmaker

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ranieri: Juve bunch of dummies! Sunday 31 August, 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri lambasted his team of “dummies” for allowing 10-man Fiorentina to equalise.

“Many times you accept a draw, in other occasions it leaves you upset,” commented the Coach after the 1-1 result at the Stadio Franchi.

“We were in charge of the game and could have sealed it with Amauri and Alessandro Del Piero. An experienced side like Juve cannot allow Fiorentina these chances. We were dummies.”

Pavel Nedved had given the Bianconeri the lead, but in the final minute – after Felipe Melo’s dismissal – Alberto Gilardino turned Olof Mellberg to grab a point.

“Allowing your opponents into the box lets them flick on the ball and strike from close range, which is what Gilardino did,” continued Ranieri.

“He’s very good at leaning on defenders, so he scored a trademark goal there.”

The tactician’s own choices caused some confusion, though, as after the red card he introduced striker Vincenzo Iaquinta for midfielder Mauro Camoranesi.

“Camoranesi had asked to come off because he had a calf problem, so I threw on Iaquinta to ‘tell’ the squad that we had the strength to finish the job. Then Gilardino’s goal ruined the whole plan.

“I go to bed relaxed tonight because I know we have signed some new players who still have to settle in and learn how the team approaches games. We were missing the entire midfield spine of the squad, but didn’t notice, so I am satisfied with the work done.”

Juventus went to Florence without Momo Sissoko, Cristiano Zanetti, Marco Marchionni, Giorgio Chiellini and David Trezeguet.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/aug31t.html

cyril

Let's roll
    Jul 6, 2006
    anything below 6.5/7 for Legro, Camo and Poulsen is a fucked up review, so please fix them now!

I fully agree. Man of the match today IMO was leggrotallie, yet we will still here the "hes good as a sub only" comments. Him and chiellini are a very good CB pairing, while melberg is a good sub, period.

Poulsen did amazing as well, showed some very good passing. And was exellent defensively.

Im sad we conceded so late, mostly due to lack of concentration from melberg, could have been avoided. Del piero uncharacteristically missed this chance in the first half which would have sealed the game for us.

All in all, it's not a bad result away from home, just deceiving because we had the game sealed. The violas arent as scary as we were all bragging, they are inferior to us even with all their hyped up transfers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)