[Serie A] Fiorentina 4-2 JUVENTUS (October 20, 2013) (24 Viewers)

Jul 20, 2012
They have quality strikers and wingers to bail them out every $#@!ing game, we can't afford those players that yet. So we need to play with hunger, desire, mentality at 100% every game to get results. For me, pre-season was proof what happens when we aren't at 100% performance.
we have more than enough quality in this team to win games

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
I dont know who that guy is but how about the fourth season? Will the hunger be back?
I don't know, he only ever hung around at one club for no more than 2 seasons before leaving, his theory was by the 3rd season his players would no longer pay attention to him and carry out his instructions.

dstein08

Mar 31, 2013
Everyone is talking about Buffon. yes he is not playing like he did 10 years ago, but i would say 95% of the goals have been as a result of our defense. Buffon, Bonnuci, and Chiellini have played like crap the last 6 games. Furthermore, we dont have the quality wingers that are needed in a 3-5-2, especially when Licht is injured. Both Roma and Napoli improved their teams in many areas. Our only improvement has been tevez, when we should have gotten quality wingers. Selling Giaccherini was a big mistake.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I don't know, he only ever hung around at one club for no more than 2 seasons before leaving, his theory was by the 3rd season his players would no longer pay attention to him and carry out his instructions.
Maybe his theory is right. But it also depends on tatics and play style. If you play football in the same way for 2-3 seasons, sooner or later teams figure out a way to counter you. And this is what has been happening lately.

dstein08

Mar 31, 2013
Also, I know Marchisio has recently come back from injury but he has been in awful form going back to the CL games against Bayern. This guy gets so many chances both with club and country and can never score. Its absolutely mind blowing how he kicks it straight at the goalie every time, just like he did today.
As far as Pogba goes, all the talk about him being a world class player the past few months is VERY premature. In my opinion he still has a TON of room for improvement. He tries to be too fancy and overholds the ball too much. He is not yet an every game starter.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Conte really needs to change something, most of us think that formation is the problem. I dont know, but he needs to start changing things.

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
We need to bolster our squad in January, we need players that can compete with our current roster which isn't particularly that hard these days, but it might force our players to step up their game again.

Satchy

Nov 4, 2004
I cant wait what will Conte say after this.
Antonio Conte felt Juventus had “dominated” the game with Fiorentina apart from “10 nightmare minutes.”

The Bianconeri were leading 2-0 until the 66th minute, but eventually lost 4-2 after a Giuseppe Rossi hat-trick and Joaquin counter-attack.

“I think the game was practically closed. We were in control in every way, even in the second half and had some more great chances to add to our tally,” the Coach told Sky Sport Italia.

“Then something strange and unthinkable happened. We lost a match that we had been dominating.

“How do we explain it? An explanation would be easy! In 10 minutes we destroyed all the hard work, both during and before the game. We managed to allow Fiorentina back into it and concede odd goals.

“This is football. We have to take these 10 nightmare minutes and learn from them. I continue to say this year will be very, very difficult.

“In these 10 minutes we did everything to help Fiorentina get back into the match, more than they had been at any stage. There are huge regrets.

“We struggled more last season and got a draw, whereas this time until the 70th minute it was all Juventus. This is football, nothing can be taken for granted.”

Conte brushed off suggestions Juve were lacking concentration ahead of the Champions League clash with Real Madrid on Wednesday.

“This was an important game in a fiery atmosphere, so we could not be distracted by Real Madrid. We were in the match from the start and only went wrong in those 10 minutes.

“It has happened a few times this season that we’ve conceded chaotic goals. We have to work on it. That is all.”

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Guys this hunger idea is bullshit. How come teams like bayern and barca and manchester united have played always the same throughout the years and continued to win trophies? Was it because they were so hunger that they never got tired? Hunger is the least of it. If anything its the menality of the team thinking that they can control they game and then play so casually that there are lapses in the process of the game. We arent sharp as a team and we play too casually. Thats what needs to change
I'll tell you why, they have always built on their success.

May 22, 2007
The way we collapsed. Wow. Delneri-esque.

I'm absolutely disgusted. This team is arrogant, overrated and is lead by a stubborn coach. Real is gonna teach us a harsh lesson on Wednesday.
Explain stubborn.

Conte should've made changes sooner when most players looked arrogant.

No excuses for today, the game should've been 4-0 before they had their penalty.
That turnaround happened in the blink of an eye, not convinced I saw arrogance. It all happened quickly enough to not react to, impossible for Conte to predict these types of episodes from Juve players anyway.

He can never say it was my fault or whatever and always avoids the questions and the problems
His fault for Buffon/Bonucci/Pogba/Chiellini making shitty mistakes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)