[Serie A] Fiorentina 4-2 JUVENTUS (October 20, 2013) (74 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
You'll probably be thanking Rossi at the end of the season if this loss fires the squad up. A lot of times teams need their shit pushed in by someone other than the coach before the message really comes across.
I hope this is it. The real game become all that more important after this.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
Dont really see how you can blame buffon when you have a team giving away pk's, letting the opposition shoot, leaving a man open in the box and allowing a 2 on 1 from the half way line.

The penalty was a smart dive by Fernandez, it wasn't a mistake from Asamoah or anything like that. Fernandez took his leg infront of Asamoah on purpose, knowing that he could then fall afterwards. Asamoah falling afterwards, was just because he tripped due to Fernandez lying down. It really wasn't a penalty, but every opposing player would seek that contact, so I can't blame him.

The second goal was a fail by Buffon by any standards. His dive was way to slow for his standard. Even if someone from Novara would do that, I would still call it a drop. This was the collapse of our team.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
How is it possible in the space of one pre-season we add quality to our attack but somehow regress in every single department?

2010-11 Juve would press this juve into submission and beat them down with no mercy.

Monco

C.R.E.A.M
Mar 27, 2013
You'll probably be thanking Rossi at the end of the season if this loss fires the squad up. A lot of times teams need their shit pushed in by someone other than the coach before the message really comes across.
I hope so too. Very similar to last season's match against Inter - we got lucky in the first half of the match and got smashed in the second one. It worked that time, I hope it will this time too. Even the timing is similar - last year it was 3rd of November and now 20th of October.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I'm not even mad about the result. A loss was expected soon, considering our abysmal style of play and lack of hunger by the team. We haven't been convincing whenever we played and we were lucky as hell in a lot of cases when we won. Some people might say this loss will wake us up as the loss against Inter did, but I disagree. I expect nothing short of a humiliation against Real next week. We're playing horrible and we are indeed overrated as hell.
This is the main reason we play like this.

With that hunger we won Serie A two times. This year we don't look that way.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The 3rd goal shows why we play 352. Chiellini is not a good LB, he tends to drift towards the middle and needs a man defending on his outside. Asamoah went too far forward in that goal because we were trying to get back the lead, because Roma has set the league's pace too fast; we are already 5 points behind after 8 games.

Jul 20, 2012
Guys this hunger idea is bullshit. How come teams like bayern and barca and manchester united have played always the same throughout the years and continued to win trophies? Was it because they were so hunger that they never got tired? Hunger is the least of it. If anything its the menality of the team thinking that they can control they game and then play so casually that there are lapses in the process of the game. We arent sharp as a team and we play too casually. Thats what needs to change

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is the main reason we play like this.

With that hunger we won Serie A two times. This year we don't look that way.
That was always going to be a problem, which is why Agnelli, Marotta and Conte kept going on about how difficult it was to win 3 consecutive scudetti. Seems the players haven't quite bought into it yet.

Jul 20, 2012
The 3rd goal shows why we play 352. Chiellini is not a good LB, he tends to drift towards the middle and needs a man defending on his outside. Asamoah went too far forward in that goal because we were trying to get back the lead, because Roma has set the league's pace too fast; we are already 5 points behind after 8 games.
We basically pushed everyone forward at that point. It was over once they scored the third goal. We were caught on the counter

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)