[Serie A] Fiorentina 0-5 JUVENTUS (17th March, 2012) (33 Viewers)

MoM

• De Ceglie

• Licht

• Pirlo

• Marchisio

• Vidal

• Vucinic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I'd rather we go for a win and lose, than hold out for a draw. Can't help it if peeps find it stupid. Stand by that.
That is understandable and i think the same way , but it is totally different with saying that you prefer a loss over a draw . It is like saying between 1 point and 0 points you prefer the second . What you said now is choosing between getting 1 sure point , or try for the 3 points with a posibility to get 0

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It is like saying between 1 point and 0 points you prefer the second.
I honestly feel this unbeaten run is becoming a curse more than it is a boon. Maybe some people will not understand the POV, but I think the fear of losing is making us settle for draws, in games that we perhaps should be winning. I could be wrong but that's the feeling I get.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I don't remember one match this season where sat back and defended the draw. I only remember us pushing for the win till the last minute, risking losing the match as it became end to end..

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
I don't remember one match this season where sat back and defended the draw. I only remember us pushing for the win till the last minute, risking losing the match as it became end to end..
chievo at home only we failed
cagliari at home same story

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
For a large part thats true of our attitude. But there were some matches where I didn't feel we were going for it at the end. Cagliari and Chievo would be fair examples Bezzy. We didn't look like we were going for it at the end

May 22, 2007
I'd rather we go for a win and lose, than hold out for a draw. Can't help it if peeps find it stupid. Stand by that.
As already pointed out, this team has gone for the win in nearly all of the games and not "hold out for a draw", so I'm not sure what Juventus you're watching. The Napoli and Milan games seem to be outstanding cases because of how the match progressed. I'm sure the stat of Juventus having the most shots on goal in the league has been said enough, so you can look for the (lack of) efficiency there, because I believe it's the biggest factor which is preventing wins.

Others seem to think that a loss would sort the team out for some reason, but I look back at our last two seasons for utterly crushing losses that destroyed the team spirit and mentality. I picked out the Parma game we'd lost heavily (and consequently, Napoli had fun against us soon after) last year, and the year before that the Bayern loss at home.

Every point counts at this stage, we aren't guaranteed anything.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Our away form worries me, it's this that is costing us this season, far too many draws and not enough goals. We could get away with drawing a couple at home to small teams with a wall defence if we were just that bit better at countering and putting finishing touches to moves in these games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)