[Serie A] Fiorentina 0-2 JUVENTUS [February 9th 2018] (1 Viewer)

vote

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Bernardeschi

• D. Costa

• Higuain

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
there's no "last touch" in the rule. simeone either played the ball towards his team mate and in that case, it was a clear offside (regardless of sandy touching the ball or not), or he didn't play the ball, so fouled sandy. either way, it was just right to stop the action.
You're right. This case is all fucked up. I've come to the decision that it wasn't an offside. We got lucky here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Great troll win. Love it. From the VAR non-penalty call, to Berna’s goal and celebration, to Pipita sticking it up them at the end, it was a brilliant nights entertainment. Whenever most of Italy is in tears it’s a good thing.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Great troll win. Love it. From the VAR non-penalty call, to Berna’s goal and celebration, to Pipita sticking it up them at the end, it was a brilliant nights entertainment. Whenever most of Italy is in tears it’s a good thing.
Dem aussiegays softening up on Berna. :touched: @Post Ironic

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I disagree. It's either offside because Simeone played the ball, or it's a foul because he took out Sandro without playing the ball. I don't see any grey area there.
I agree, Simeone either doesn't touch the ball and therefore fouls Sandro or he touches the ball to Benassi who was in offside position when the challenge was made. Either way the penalty was not legitimate props to VAR review.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
After checking the replays am going for the foul. I can clearly see Simione's foot on Sandro, taking him out.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Been a while since victory tasted so sweet. wow, this is a good feeling.
This!

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what I love most about this win? It came so early in the weekend and now we just sit back and enjoy the drama. Let's hope there's lot of it.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't think so. Pjanic should have 5.5 (typo) but don't let the result gloss over the performance. Our full backs did nothing, the midfield was non-existent (and yes I include Marchisio in that, he doesn't have the legs to chase a midfield on his own). Khedira was a passenger for a full 90 mins and Mandzukic's performance on a technical level was appalling. The game was decided by two clinical moments, one in part a goalkeeping mistake and the other was set up by Chiellini.

No other team in the league (or in Europe) could play this shit and come away with a 2-0 win, but our defensive core, battle-hardiness and extra individual quality saw us through. I'd always prefer us to have Chievo at home or something before a big CL game because we all know what is coming, but we squeezed our way through this one. Obviously that's what wins titles over a season.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
..... Our full backs did nothing, the midfield was non-existent (and yes I include Marchisio in that, he doesn't have the legs to chase a midfield on his own). Khedira was a passenger for a full 90 mins and Mandzukic's performance on a technical level was appalling.......
The performance was like it was in big part because of the fiorentina tactical setup in the defense. The absence of Dibala in the middle of our attack, and don't having Cuadrado or Costa on the wing, allowed them to double their defenders on the wings living more space through the middle which Juve couldn't use.
I don't give too much credit to rat's players, I also think that our players were having bad performances.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
there's no "last touch" in the rule. simeone either played the ball towards his team mate and in that case, it was a clear offside (regardless of sandy touching the ball or not), or he didn't play the ball, so fouled sandy. either way, it was just right to stop the action.
:agree:

Imagine Pjanic played a through ball to an offside attacker but it took a deflection off a defender on the way. It doesn't suddenly make the attacker onside.

The Fiorentina started the action of the ball going to the offside player, so it's offside.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. It's either offside because Simeone played the ball, or it's a foul because he took out Sandro without playing the ball. I don't see any grey area there.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)