[Serie A] Fiorentina 0-1 Juventus [5th November, 2023 20:45 CET] (1 Viewer)

vote?

Votes: 2 10.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 11 57.9%

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
These performances aren't sustainable and won't hold up in Europe, as much as the usual suspects here want to kid themselves otherwise. Regardless of the win, we played like shit. These might just get you past the Fiorentinas and Veronas of the league, but they wont get you past Madrid or City. Some people here will be in for a rude awakening eventually and we'll be back to square one.
This season has nothing to do with CL though as we're not in it. If we qualify we'll have better players to choose from next season. All this season is about is making CL.

Also, you could put the best coach in the world in charge of this team and next season we'd still be heavy favourites to lose against Madrid and City, so it's almost irrelevant to compare to those teams who have years of sustained success and multiple times our finances. Actually ridiculous to make the comparison at this moment in time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This season has nothing to do with CL though as we're not in it. If we qualify we'll have better players to choose from next season. All this season is about is making CL.

Also, you could put the best coach in the world in charge of this team and next season we'd still be heavy favourites to lose against Madrid and City, so it's almost irrelevant to compare to those teams who have years of sustained success and multiple times our finances. Actually ridiculous to make the comparison at this moment in time.
Wow.

First you celebrate a last minute win, and now this.

You really are a terrible, TERRIBLE fan.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
We had a stronger squad last year when we were in CL, yet we were still losing to Maccabi Haifa. This isn't just about the players. It's about the approach. If your gameplan is based on a cowardly 'it's better to play not to lose than to win' philosophy, then don't expect us to go very far.
Those were just two examples. I don't see these performances holding up against Inter or Napoli, or Porto even. Let alone Madrid or City. Every game we play like this always a huge gamble, especially in Europe.

Its an archaic, unsustainable approach that just isnt suitable for the modern game, its as simple as that. While the other big dogs are moving forward, we're still stuck in the past. The longer it continues, the harder it will be to adapt and break out of it. We are causing ourselves long term harm by continuing to put up with this, and the worst thing is that some juventini seem to treat it as some kind of joke.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
We had a stronger squad last year when we were in CL, yet we were still losing to Maccabi Haifa. This isn't just about the players. It's about the approach. If your gameplan is based on a cowardly 'it's better to play not to lose than to win' philosophy, then don't expect us to go very far.

Those were just two examples. I don't see these performances holding up against Inter or Napoli, or Porto even. Let alone Madrid or City. Every game we play like this always a huge gamble, especially in Europe.

Its an archaic, unsustainable approach that just isnt suitable for the modern game, its as simple as that. While the other big dogs are moving forward, we're still stuck in the past. The longer it continues, the harder it will be to adapt and break out of it. We are causing ourselves long term harm by continuing to put up with this, and the worst thing is that some juventini seem to treat it as some kind of joke.
The problem is you still think we're a big dog. That's not reality. This team has to learn to walk first after the last two seasons rather than looking where we'll be competing in the CL. That will come with or without Allegri. We know he's here to steady the ship and that's all that is needed this season. But this is fairly easy for the club, the next decisions they make will make or break the next 5-10 years for the club.

I think it's pretty obvious that right now we'd struggle in the CL against good teams, but that would be the case no matter how we played. There's certain games where you need to take a more progressive approach than others.

I know the Maccabi loss looks nice to keep mentioning but it doesn't really add to your point as we didn't play defensively in that game, we played it as a game we had to win and left gaps, and Maccabi were super morivated with the early goal. It's the kind of loss any crap team can have. We naturally play a bit more open in European football because that's the nature of how those games often are compared to Serie A.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Very impressive defending in the box. Bremer was amazing again. Last year was similar, outperforming xG and then reality came back to haunt us. We can't rely consistently on fluke goals and soaking up pressure for 95 min each game. An injury on Bremer and our performance will drastically go down.
We’re actually underperforming our xGoals by 3 goals so far this season.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We’re actually underperforming our xGoals by 3 goals so far this season.
i think he meant that we outperformed fiorentina in xg :boh:

still a good point. just look at this (and yesterday it became worse because chiesa and cambiaso missed a big chance each), imagine if our strikers were just a tiny bit more accurate:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I've legitimately never heard of the two strikers fiorentina used today but I know for sure they're better than our 3rd choice Milik who would only start on 80% of the teams in this super top league.

I only know of the titans in their midfield like Arthur and Mandragora because we were so unlucky to lose them

And STILL we managed to win. It's insane I can't believe it. I was shitting myself when Yerry Mina came in to play as an attacker.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm just learning to let go and just enjoy the Lega Calcio troll.

My ambitions are modest. And right now, that's trolling the league as much as possible for the sheer entertainment value.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I've legitimately never heard of the two strikers fiorentina used today but I know for sure they're better than our 3rd choice Milik who would only start on 80% of the teams in this super top league.

I only know of the titans in their midfield like Arthur and Mandragora because we were so unlucky to lose them

And STILL we managed to win. It's insane I can't believe it. I was shitting myself when Yerry Mina came in to play as an attacker.
This much butthurt isn’t good for your health. You gonna give yourself a stroke.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

here's a stat for you. feel free to be more miserable. :allegri:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
That build up play from the back and the one touch passing that lead to the goal is Italiano's wet dream

- - - Updated - - -

Nah Beltran is actually very decent but he's not your typical num 9

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
When you think the goal came from everyone’s favourite punching bags, Rabiot->Kean->Rabiot->One trick Kostic-> Miretti :lol2: Win still feels good on the second day
imo allegri aside that goes to show how important it is to have decent squad players.

kean rugani kostic miretti have no business being first team players. but it's good they can be relied on to step up against these provincial sides.

now we just need to replace chiesa and vlahovic and rabit with quality starters

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
here's a stat for you. feel free to be more miserable. :allegri:

It's not even accurate. The anti hipsters are going to great lengths now and are becoming the hipsters. We definitely had more than 1 second

Be careful what side you align yourself with. Because the mouth breathing casuals who want to be entertained by their football club are at least not as dishonest as the huge brain football historians who come up with these statistics. We literally almost scored in the 36th minute that's just from memory

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)