[SERIE A] F.C. Genoa 3-2 JUVENTUS (April 11th 2009) (4 Viewers)

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Secco: «We cannot remain silent»
The controversial decisions taken by the referee are hard to digest and even a team like Juventus, known for accepting such decisions, cannot remain silent on such occasions. Alessio Secco, the Sports Director of the bianconeri was clearly taken aback by the refereeing of the match against Genoa.

«Genoa played a good match but i think this time we cannot remain silent about the episodes like the goal disallowed to Iaquinta and another episode was the first goal of Genoa which was allowed after the referee had blown his whistle stopping the action. These two episodes conditioned the match.Probably even the penalty denied to Camoranesi. It is not normal for us to appeal against the decisions of referees but this time we cannot remain silent. After the first half things continued with the excessive sending-off of Camoranesi who should have been shown a yellow card.»
The next match is the one against Inter: «We must remain calm like we did in the first part of the championship. The only way to re-emerge is with hard work and we will get back to working hard on Monday afternoon. There is also the Coppa Italia to play for.»

Juventus suffered six goals in two matches : «We are conceding too many gals recently and this is a problem which the coach will have to solve with hard work. We have total confidence in Mr. Ranieri and we are sure he will manage to solve this problem».

juventus.com

Good on secco, at least he admits the ref cheated us AGAIN tonight.
Yeah, that's horseshit. He's diverting the attention from his incompetence to the officiating.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Really, Secco should be ashamed.
To complain about the referee is ok, because the referee was really awful. But to imply that the referee was guilty for our defeat, especially after that penalty kick we were given :disagree:

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
What else to expect man! Something like firing Ranieri and Secco? No way.
To me, that's junk to my ears. Fans are in big pain and they don't seem to give a rat's arse about it.

I am sure Fans will protest big time in Italy to push them over the edge and make sure we have class players signed.

I wonder if Deschamps ahve watched this game tonight. Just to see his boys in Genoa tearing the Juve he tried to bring back!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Bad timing from Secco, there were times were the refs really hurt us,
but this was not the case.
I hope he is only bitter because he realizes his guild on this...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Really, Secco should be ashamed.
To complain about the referee is ok, because the referee was really awful. But to imply that the referee was guilty for our defeat, especially after that penalty kick we were given :disagree:
There are times to complain. When your team showed up, gave their all, and lost an earned match with some sketchy ref calls is a good time to complain. This is not one of them.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Our defense WAS playing great until Christmas when those stats were posted. I don't remember anyone saying that it was a great defense. I clearly remember myself saying that it's incredibile how an average defense like ours played so well, and i even underlined the importance Sissoko has in our success in defense.

After Christmas we play awful in defense, and yes, to answer your question, the stats also show that we play very bad defense in 2009.

Now find the post when i used the stats to show how well our defense played and prove me wrong. If you can't do it, than i can only kindly ask you to shut up. Thanks.
I can do that, but thats not my point...

Even before the season started, i was insisting that our defense has been our weakest link for the past 3 seasons.
And because of this we had to compromise our tactical plans and our team as a whole was unbalanced.
Many arguments were brought against that eventually faded away.
I tried to explain how some particular factors might have masked this weakness and confuse a part of our fans.

And of the most solid non-arguments that pll repeatedly brought to support our defense was the stats you posted. It doesnt matter if it was your intention or not, but those stats appeared exactly when there was no other argument to distract attention from our faulty defense.
I called them misleading and i pointed out that they dont represent the actual quality of our defenders, rather than the defensive efficiency, of our entire squad,
which a totally different thing and doent change the fact that we do suffer as a team because of that weakness!
We sacrificed a lot to support our defense, esp at the first part of season, when we were using 2 DMs and 2 defensive wingers at all times, just to support them!

Now when the real value of our defense has been exposed, i was expecting you to provide the same unbiased argumentation, presenting the facts as you did before.
I dont know if your intention to present them, were to defend the quality of our defense or not, but your arguments now, would support what i was saying all along...
If you remain neutral, you wont mind that, you have nothing to lose, but the ones who still support our defense will...

No hurt feelings, the argument involves more than you and me, it was not personal and i m sorry, if you have thought it was...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The stats actually say that Tiago was on the pitch during our best spells this season, either offensively and defensively, and NOT Sissoko.

So make of that as you will.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Halleluja, someone is acting like a normal human being on this forum and isn't pointing the finger at Ranieri, Secco etc. in every post....
Really guys, I have said this after the Chelsea defeat: We are not there yet. We are still in a rebuilding process. This squad does not have the same quality it had before the drop to Serie B and it will take us at least another year to reach this level again.
Again, we are rebuilding with players who are getting too old to play. That's actually not rebuilding, but rather making a last gasp effort to win something with dying players.

Please wake up, stop living in denial, and start understanding this.

I never saw such an atmosphere on their matches. Never.
I didn't watch too many of their home matches, but i saw all the highlights. This tonight was different. Up until now they were dreaming for the CL, this time they knew that with a win over Juve the CL might be much more realistic than a dream.
Yes, up until now, this was by far the most important match most of the Genoa players ever played.
They might have even more important matches till the end of the season, but till now, this was the most important and it meant everything to them.
It certainly was an important match, no question, but I just don't like saying it was their "World Cup final". It annoys me because I'm a fan of other teams in other sports, teams that never win anything important or even come close to it, and morons here always make similar comparisons to that. It's extremely condescending in my view.

You're not a moron, Alen. Don't become one of them.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Oh come on, poulsen > tiago, especially defensively, come on did you see him man mark kaka couple of years ago?
Uhhh... don't shoot the messenger. I was just citing what the statistics claim, not my own opinion. How do you even post such a question?

Again, some of you people just don't "get it" with regards to a lot of things.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
The stats actually say that Tiago was on the pitch during our best spells this season, either offensively and defensively, and NOT Sissoko.

So make of that as you will.
we get it Andy,

anyway I don't really look at stats but when I see Momo on the pitch I feel more comfortable defensively when he's on the pitch rather than our other mids.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007

Oh come on, poulsen > tiago, especially defensively, come on did you see him man mark kaka couple of years ago?
Poulsen was robbed of an amazing assist today. The pass he gave to Iaquinta, when Iaquinta's goal was disallowed for offside, is something Tiago can't do even in a video game.
Poulsen adds more than Tiago both offensively and defensively, which says a lot about the way Tiago plays at Juve, because Tiago is technically superior to Poulsen.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
With the finish line in sight, if I were in their position I would be giving 100% every game. We seem to be coasting through matches now. We played like we just returned from a midweek game. If we don't wake the fuck up, at this rate we can forget about a top 4 finish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)