[SERIE A] F.C. Genoa 3-2 JUVENTUS (April 11th 2009) (12 Viewers)

Apr 29, 2006
In the past even the great Juve generations were losing matches from smaller teams, they were playing bad and the stars of the team were playing bad. Genoa is a solid team and as i said before, they had much more at stake and they were motivated like never before. For all of them this was like a world cup final.

So, i'm not so angry about the defeat itself. Super motivated minows were beating us in the past also. But i'm angry because this wasn't the first time (it was like 10th time this season) where we lose points to minows this season and where we play like real amateurs.
Even if one day we understand that we let Genoa beat us in order to help them get the 4th place (which wasn't the case because we weren't going to score the 2nd goal if it was), i am still going to be angry at the players for this performance. Even on a fixed match we were going to try more and do better.
RIGHT ON THE SPOT.
And may I add we should have been at least motivated by three factors:
1st LAST GAME
2nd Inter's DRAW
3rd MILANs WIN

But nothing matters for these guys I guess.
About the midfield, well ... lets just skip the part of us HAVING a midfield.
Poulsen should be sent to LA Galaxy for an undisclosed amount (0 euros) along with the mastermind of his transfer and Gigli just for the sake of it. And that is if there isn't a team like AL (Alaska) Galaxy send them there.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In the past even the great Juve generations were losing matches from smaller teams, they were playing bad and the stars of the team were playing bad. Genoa is a solid team and as i said before, they had much more at stake and they were motivated like never before. For all of them this was like a world cup final.
Lets not overrate ourselves, Alen. Claiming this match is like a world cup final to Genoa is extremely belittling to their club, and is essentially faux excuse for own terrible performance. Claiming such a thing only propagates the view that all fans of major clubs are arrogant assholes, which is obviously the case.

I really can't stand crap such as this.

Juventine

Little Witch
Jul 11, 2008
Ranieri will ruin Criscito if we bring him back.
Isn't obvious that Ranieri appreciates athletic attributes and physics more than intelligence and techniques? Criscito can't run as fast as our greatest Moli. He's useless.

Look at what happened to Giovinco, I think he played much better under Malesani.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
no i am talking about games stretching back a few weeks now, he's just not the buffon we know
I see what you mean, I just think he is unmotivated looking at 3 (even 4) of the defenders in front of him and what he has to deal with. Worldclass goalies usually have a great defensive line to compliment them. Buffon does not have that and is constantly under pressure this last half of the season. If anyone isn't themselves its our defense. Thats what I think anyways, poor Buffon has no support in front of him.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
In the past we had a superior team, probably even better at every sector than our competitors, probably bar the squad depth. We have betrayed this principle.

Even with a far more superior squad we were still losing points on detail.
Wes till had some minor weakness our opponents were taking advantage of.
Since then i have developed the zero tolerance policy on those weakness.
Our today's mentality is radically changed.
We are not only tolerate those imperfection, but we rather embrace them and adopt them as our permanent new elements.

We have betrayed anything that made us competitive and eternal champions.
Our will to improve and reach perfection. We didnt chose to improve, so far...
Never!! this board has only chosen to farm anything it could form the corpse of the old Juve's spirit and prestige, with quick fixes, trying to delay the inevitable. Slowly but steadily this spirit has decayed, we never cared to heal it and if we keep abusing it, it will die, hopefully this board will be neutralized, before that happens...

Brixity

Feb 8, 2006
Though everyone played like shit. I cannot even begin to explain how angry Zebina, Molinaro & Poulsen made me. I just cant. Fucking sucks I finished all my hash yesterday coz I need to smoke that shit NOW

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Secco: «We cannot remain silent»
The controversial decisions taken by the referee are hard to digest and even a team like Juventus, known for accepting such decisions, cannot remain silent on such occasions. Alessio Secco, the Sports Director of the bianconeri was clearly taken aback by the refereeing of the match against Genoa.

«Genoa played a good match but i think this time we cannot remain silent about the episodes like the goal disallowed to Iaquinta and another episode was the first goal of Genoa which was allowed after the referee had blown his whistle stopping the action. These two episodes conditioned the match.Probably even the penalty denied to Camoranesi. It is not normal for us to appeal against the decisions of referees but this time we cannot remain silent. After the first half things continued with the excessive sending-off of Camoranesi who should have been shown a yellow card.»
The next match is the one against Inter: «We must remain calm like we did in the first part of the championship. The only way to re-emerge is with hard work and we will get back to working hard on Monday afternoon. There is also the Coppa Italia to play for.»

Juventus suffered six goals in two matches : «We are conceding too many gals recently and this is a problem which the coach will have to solve with hard work. We have total confidence in Mr. Ranieri and we are sure he will manage to solve this problem».

juventus.com

Good on secco, at least he admits the ref cheated us AGAIN tonight.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002

So, i'm not so angry about the defeat itself. Super motivated minows were beating us in the past also. But i'm angry because this wasn't the first time (it was like 10th time this season) where we lose points to minows this season and where we play like real amateurs.
Even if one day we understand that we let Genoa beat us in order to help them get the 4th place (which wasn't the case because we weren't going to score the 2nd goal if it was), i am still going to be angry at the players for this performance. Even on a fixed match we were going to try more and do better.
Halleluja, someone is acting like a normal human being on this forum and isn't pointing the finger at Ranieri, Secco etc. in every post....
Really guys, I have said this after the Chelsea defeat: We are not there yet. We are still in a rebuilding process. This squad does not have the same quality it had before the drop to Serie B and it will take us at least another year to reach this level again.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Ranieri will ruin Criscito if we bring him back.
Isn't obvious that Ranieri appreciates athletic attributes and physics more than intelligence and techniques? Criscito can't run as fast as our greatest Moli. He's useless.

Look at what happened to Giovinco, I think he played much better under Malesani.
Interesting take. Essentially, what we're witnessing is footballing terrorism... true skill with the ball at feet is being attacked by physical force and strength, promoted by certain groups who'd rather have track runners and body builders in the game in front of players with pure genius. It's as if football is taking steps towards American football. The beautiful game is being attacked by terrorists who don't appreciate what kids can do with the ball in the streets of Sao Paolo, Buenos Aires, Medellin, Sarajevo, Prague, Nizhniy Novgorod, Cadiz, Bucharest, et cetera, and is being replaced by drones who just run hard and over muscle people with force.

This isn't the game I've come to love. This is exactly why I can't stand English football, but now I'm witnessing with my own eyes my own club implementing similar tactics to the game. It was never this bad in the 90's under Lippi.

Perhaps we can instate a law against footballing terrorism and bring the culprits to justice.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Lets not overrate ourselves, Alen. Claiming this match is like a world cup final to Genoa is extremely belittling to their club, and is essentially faux excuse for own terrible performance. Claiming such a thing only propagates the view that all fans of major clubs are arrogant assholes, which is obviously the case.

I really can't stand crap such as this.
I never saw such an atmosphere on their matches. Never.
I didn't watch too many of their home matches, but i saw all the highlights. This tonight was different. Up until now they were dreaming for the CL, this time they knew that with a win over Juve the CL might be much more realistic than a dream.
Yes, up until now, this was by far the most important match most of the Genoa players ever played.
They might have even more important matches till the end of the season, but till now, this was the most important and it meant everything to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)