[SERIE A] F.C. Genoa 3-2 JUVENTUS (April 11th 2009) (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This is redemption, boys.

You can't fault Ranieri for many of the mistakes made against Chievo, but I sure will if the team comes out disinterested in the outcome of this match.

What worries me is that players might've lost moral now that we've got less (but still not nothing) to play for.
They're professionals. They need to play for pride if nothing else.

Hey, let's play all the youngsters!!!!!!!!!
Ariaudo! :weee:

Buy on AliExpress.com

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Finishing second is very important, because we all know that :inter: are going to get found out, and we will be their to collect our prize :juventus:

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
They're also human beings, and last game came the big blow to the Scudetto dream that they've fought for since 8-9 months. It would only be natural if a reaction came against Genoa.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Anyway, players like Giovinco and Marchisio will want to prove their worth since they're still pretty fresh, so there is some hope.

My lineup:

Buffon
Zebina Mellberg Chiellini Molinaro
Camoranesi Poulsen Marchisio Giovinco
Del Piero Trezeguet

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I would surely use Iaquinta as an early sub though. And I do realize Ranieri will hardly drop him. That is just what I would play. Ranieri is likely not to play either of Zebina, Poulsen or even Giovinco (now that Pavel is back) either. :scared:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
This is redemption, boys.

You can't fault Ranieri for many of the mistakes made against Chievo, but I sure will if the team comes out disinterested in the outcome of this match.

Ariaudo! :weee:
Same here and it would tell us a lot about the team's personality as well.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
They're also human beings, and last game came the big blow to the Scudetto dream that they've fought for since 8-9 months. It would only be natural if a reaction came against Genoa.
Same here and it would tell us a lot about the team's personality as well.
Given that the press has it that Ranieri put his foot halfway up the ass of every player except the absent captain yesterday, things are looking up. :tup:

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
--------------------------Buffon------------------------------------
Zebina-------Ariaudo--------Chiellini--------Molinaro
Camoranesi-------Marchisio/Nedved-------Poulsen--------Giovinco
--------------Iaquinta---------------Trezeguet

Noodle

★ ★ ★
Jul 29, 2007
Camoranesi-------Marchisio/Nedved-------Poulsen--------Giovinco
--------------Iaquinta---------------Trezeguet
Marchisio has IMO earned his spot in the team and I'm unsure if resting Del Piero before the Inter game is a smart thing to do. Although it may have a good effect on him if he is extra determined to take back his place.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Camoranesi-------Marchisio-------Poulsen--------Giovinco
--------------Iaquinta---------------Del Piero

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
i hope we won't play these last game in this season with tiago, marchionni, mellberg and knezevic...
Knezevic has played all of something like 12 minutes this season? And given the loan fee, that comes out to be ... what? ... about 40,000€ per minute?

He's starting to make Andrade look like a bargain.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Knezevic has played all of something like 12 minutes this season? And given the loan fee, that comes out to be ... what? ... about 40,000€ per minute?

He's starting to make Andrade look like a bargain.
He played exactly 342 minutes this season :p

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
haha maybe the pplayers will play better without the pressure of keeping up with inter...and if ranieri has the brains...he should let trezegol play and keep melberg and tiago on bench as punishments for their awful display...

perhaps without the pressure, we will play more freely and have freeflowing attack haha...just like that 10 minutes in chievo's game where w had about 5 chances to score in so little time.....

but let's pray we have the players to finish the goals.....give amauri a chance this time...

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
i hope we won't play these last game in this season with tiago, marchionni, mellberg and knezevic...
Although he pretty much gave up the Scudetto in one action, he's been solid all throughout the season and I doubt that he would make such an error again in a million years. Not that I don't think he should be punished for it in this next game, but it would be stupid to do so throughout the rest of the season. With Legro out for the time being, it would only be to our detriment. Unless we'd like to play Ariaudo continuously for each remaining game, which i'm all for if he can handle it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)