[Serie A] Empoli vs. Juventus (2 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

It's all about the club mate, doesnt matter if it's DP or Zlatan, Trez or Mutu, etc...
And it definitely isn't about CAPELLO. He's the reason for this mini-war between him and del Piero and quite frankly I've had enough with his childish antics. He's by far the most agressive and immature coach I've ever seen. NOT JUVE MATERIAL. Leaving DP on the bench is fine by me. After all it's Juve that matters. But the way Capello has acted over the past few months disgusts me.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

And it definitely isn't about CAPELLO. He's the reason for this mini-war between him and del Piero and quite frankly I've had enough with his childish antics. He's by far the most agressive and immature coach I've ever seen. NOT JUVE MATERIAL. Leaving DP on the bench is fine by me. After all it's Juve that matters. But the way Capello has acted over the past few months disgusts me.
Seven why?.. Capello is doing he's job, its up to him how he do it, aslong as he brings in succes, and we all can agree that he did by winning serie a in his first season.. so can we really blame him for anything?????

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Seven why?.. Capello is doing he's job, its up to him how he do it, aslong as he brings in succes, and we all can agree that he did by winning serie a in his first season.. so can we really blame him for anything?????
Capello is a good coach, no-one can deny that, but he certainly has flaws. Firstly, he is IMO too negative. We may be able to win Serie A with this type of mentality but we'll get into trouble in the latter stages of the CL because of our inability to break down teams. And this inability to break down teams isn't completely down to the players, a good set of the blame has to fall on Cap's shoulders. Taking the lead and defending is stupidity. Teams have got the better of us because of that tactic and it will continue to happen. We may be able to successfully defend a 1-0 lead against Chievo but if you score, sit back and let teams come at you in the Champions League you will get hurt. With the quality this team possesses we should be crushing the smaller teams in Serie A but Capello is satisfied with 1-0. The average fan will say that 1-0 is good enough for him or her as the three points is all that matters but we drew against Parma and Cagliari last season because we were willing to settle for a 1-0 scoreline. Had we kept attacking we would have definitely scored again but that's not Capello's style. His tactics against Pool at the Delle Alpi last season were also quite pathetic. Don Fabio's negativity also transpires in our transfer moves. Since he took charge we could have easily acquired a creative midfielder such as David Pizarro but in his two summers here he has brought in two defensive midfielders. Don't get me wrong, Emerson and Vieira are wonderful players and I'm glad that they're here, but a Pizarro or Rosicky or Hleb would have added so much more to this team.

Secondly, he's quite simply a fvcking cunt. A fine manager, yes, but he's also a *****. The media and the fans were giving him hell for the way he was dealing with Del Piero but instead of responding like a real man and playing DP when he deserved to be played Cap wanted to prove that we didn't need Alex and that he was indeed correct. Last night's game against Chievo comes to mind but even more so does the game away to Palermo last season. Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic started even though Del Piero had scored in the previous match, both of them disappointed, but Capello refused to bring on DP. Both David and Zlatan played the full 90 and we ended up losing 1-0. Why Cap? Why? Because he didn't want to give in to the crowd's chants of Alessandro Del Piero OLE? Or because he didn't think DP would've made a difference? Either way he was a idiotic.

Thirdly, Cassano is on the verge of joining and for what reason? Because Cap is too much of an idiot to give Mutu a chance and will only work with those who he has had success with in the past. Only an idiot would give away Chiellini, one of the most promising full backs in Italy, Mutu, who is arguably just as good as Cassano, and a sum of cash, for an enigmatic *****.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

Funny thing is, if this was any other player for Juventus besides Buffon we would not have such controversy as seen here today. People would not care as much it seems, so that is why I question a lot of these arguments.

delp_07

Jan 31, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

Capello is a good coach, no-one can deny that, but he certainly has flaws. Firstly, he is IMO too negative. We may be able to win Serie A with this type of mentality but we'll get into trouble in the latter stages of the CL because of our inability to break down teams. And this inability to break down teams isn't completely down to the players, a good set of the blame has to fall on Cap's shoulders. Taking the lead and defending is stupidity. Teams have got the better of us because of that tactic and it will continue to happen. We may be able to successfully defend a 1-0 lead against Chievo but if you score, sit back and let teams come at you in the Champions League you will get hurt. With the quality this team possesses we should be crushing the smaller teams in Serie A but Capello is satisfied with 1-0. The average fan will say that 1-0 is good enough for him or her as the three points is all that matters but we drew against Parma and Cagliari last season because we were willing to settle for a 1-0 scoreline. Had we kept attacking we would have definitely scored again but that's not Capello's style. His tactics against Pool at the Delle Alpi last season were also quite pathetic. Don Fabio's negativity also transpires in our transfer moves. Since he took charge we could have easily acquired a creative midfielder such as David Pizarro but in his two summers here he has brought in two defensive midfielders. Don't get me wrong, Emerson and Vieira are wonderful players and I'm glad that they're here, but a Pizarro or Rosicky or Hleb would have added so much more to this team.

Secondly, he's quite simply a fvcking cunt. A fine manager, yes, but he's also a *****. The media and the fans were giving him hell for the way he was dealing with Del Piero but instead of responding like a real man and playing DP when he deserved to be played Cap wanted to prove that we didn't need Alex and that he was indeed correct. Last night's game against Chievo comes to mind but even more so does the game away to Palermo last season. Trezeguet and Ibrahimovic started even though Del Piero had scored in the previous match, both of them disappointed, but Capello refused to bring on DP. Both David and Zlatan played the full 90 and we ended up losing 1-0. Why Cap? Why? Because he didn't want to give in to the crowd's chants of Alessandro Del Piero OLE? Or because he didn't think DP would've made a difference? Either way he was a idiotic.

Thirdly, Cassano is on the verge of joining and for what reason? Because Cap is too much of an idiot to give Mutu a chance and will only work with those who he has had success with in the past. Only an idiot would give away Chiellini, one of the most promising full backs in Italy, Mutu, who is arguably just as good as Cassano, and a sum of cash, for an enigmatic *****.

Took the words right out of my mouth keep up the good writing, and do you think any coach in their right mind would bench maldini. NO. So why bench alex when he has the same status as maldini, why should you even try to prove a point on the captain when he has done nothing wrong. If Angelli was still alive capello would never be in charge, in a million years.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
But you field the players on their performances not on their status, otherwise Milan would be still playing with Baresi.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
But you field the players on their performances not on their status, otherwise Milan would be still playing with Baresi.
If that is indeed the case which I'm sure we all agree it should be, then why wasn't Zlatan subbed against Chievo? Surely his performance indicates that he should have been replaced but because he is held in such high esteem by Capello (ie. his status) he was not. Del Piero should not be guaranteed playing time because of his status or history but neither should Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i want a hight score win and clean sheet for us.

a 3-0 will be simply beautiful :stuckup:

but i won't complain even with the 1-0 wictory to be honest ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

If that is indeed the case which I'm sure we all agree it should be, then why wasn't Zlatan subbed against Chievo ? Surely his performance indicates that he should have been replaced but because he is held in such high esteem by Capello (ie. his status) he was not. Del Piero should not be guaranteed playing time because of his status or history but neither should Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
I'd like to see him answering this question.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
He did answer the question. He said he wanted tall players to defend the ball which is fair enough. That's what always happens in football, when a team is defending, they remove the short, light, technical player and put in the 'Ariete' to hold on to the ball and help in the defence. I don't like the technical player to be subbed but I see the reasons behind it and it makes sense.

Tifoso_old

Aug 12, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Hactually this is not a criteria for Capello to choose the players.
i think it is i mean if he sees that he is in good form at the national team i dont see a logicale reason why he would not play the guy

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
He did answer the question. He said he wanted tall players to defend the ball which is fair enough. That's what always happens in football, when a team is defending, they remove the short, light, technical player and put in the 'Ariete' to hold on to the ball and help in the defence. I don't like the technical player to be subbed but I see the reasons behind it and it makes sense.
People are too biased to admit this is the truth about tactical football. It makes absolutely perfect sense to me, however sometimes this tactic does not need to be put in use.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
A good example could be Italy-Norway from 94 World Cup. Sacchi substituted Baggio isntead of the other striker when Pagliuca got sent off, cos he needed a player with height for the attack not a technical player. Of course I didn't like it cos everyone always want to see a technical player on the pitch so he can do his tricks, but as Agnelli once said about Zidane, those tricks are usually nice to watch but not useful.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

All true. Which is one of the reasons I won't be cheering for Juventus that much this season. It just doesn't feel like my team anymore. Capello's too much of a ****. I don't even want this team to win. You can say I'm a lousy fan, but you can only be a true fan when you're behind your team, when you're proud of them. And I'm not proud of Capello. I think he's an egocentric human being with some serious character flaws. The same goes for Ibrahimovic and Cassano. So yes, if del Piero leaves Juventus and plays for let's say AS Roma, I'll be cheering for Roma when they play Juventus. NOT because of del Piero's greatness as a football player, but because of Capello's immature behaviour. I dislike Capello just as much as I like Juventus and I quite simply refuse to wish that things go well for Cap.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Funny thing is, if this was any other player for Juventus besides Buffon we would not have such controversy as seen here today. People would not care as much it seems, so that is why I question a lot of these arguments.
It couldn't have been another player, Andy. No player breaths Juve like del Piero does. No player at Juventus is as big for the fans as del Piero is. There's no reason for Capello to fight his childish battles with someone like Nedved, because it's obvious that Nedved hasn't got such a great impact on the fans. Capello wants to make it clear that it's his side and not del Piero's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)