[Serie A] Empoli vs. Juventus (4 Viewers)

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Welll guy Dan & Andy u guys both make very valid points abt "The Don" and his policies.Capello always requests the players he thinks the team needs.You guys should remember his first season at roma where he specifically requested "The Old" Batistuta and Emerson to the team, and the results came in instantly where the mediocre ROMA won the scudetto.

About the Pizzaro vs Viera situation , its a tough one only becuz pizzaro is a much younger player than viera.I think thats a great advantage for david.However i think Viera is a much better choice than pizzaro for juve, as pizzaro is not a good defensive player, and we cant play him in neddy's position. Viera brings better defensive qualities and i think much much more experience to the midfield which we lacked last season, as blasi has the flair but not the experience.
Another point is that viera has more CL experience than pizzaro, which ofcourse we need if our main goal is the CL.

About the DP situation.....Nobody "MUST" play, everyone knows that capello prefers zlatan to alex, but one thing i have to say about our coach, is that he got the best out of our captain.I didnt see this hunger from alex in many years after his injuries. I do think that he will get his chance soon, and interesting thing is that is Alex going to take that chance to show the coach that he still has it in him or not ?

And SEVEN!!!!! you cant talk about the coach in that way. He knows best abt the team, more than anyone in this forum will ever know.He didnt have any behavior problem in the past he is a respected coach all over italy and thats that.

Am not going to talk abt the cassano situation as thats the only thing ppl talk about.Two days left for the end of the transfer period.So we will wait and see

Another thing about all the capello bashers, where were you last season when the team won the scudetto?????Everyone was happy and dandy and everybody loved evreybody.Not even one person said "Get that dam coach out" or " we need a new coach"

Buy on AliExpress.com

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++
Another thing about all the capello bashers, where were you last season when the team won the scudetto?????Everyone was happy and dandy and everybody loved evreybody.Not even one person said "Get that dam coach out" or " we need a new coach"
U got the point....:cool:

galma

Aug 13, 2005
that was a long one to read sateeh :Danyway you are right but I'm still listeninng the song about capello's mom :angel:

yeas ibra is younger then DP ,it is very talented but overall I can't see how he helps the team more than DP can,I think a team needs a lider,without a lider you cannot win CL and that's what matters for me these year.An quick ex is Raul who is out of form in 3 years now and he is still in first 11,

personaly,me I'm not angry for this,ibra instead of Del Piero,I am angry becouse I thought Mutu is in capello's plans :down:and now we all saw he's the 5'th cart wheel

I am upset on capellos since last season becouse he changed Alex so many times and let Ibra plaing full matches even when he was rubish and didnt do nothing good

DP THE BEST
MUTU THE BEST(romanian)
Ibra sucks(my point of view)
Trezeguet is and will be best goalscorer :cool:
Zala I just like him ,he's a true juventino

so if you ask me I would play in attack with trezza in front & Mutu + Alex behind him

midfield vieira ,emerson and camo or nedved

and the only one I agree with capello is the defence :)) zebina thuram canna zambro

and as rezerves I would pick chim,Zala ,gianni,blasi,kovac,pessotto,chielini AND I WOULD SELL IBRA COUSE HE'S A JINX FOR JUVE AND WE WILL NEVER WIN CL WITH HIM IN FIRST 11

Ofcourse capello knows the best and does his best for the team,it's he's choice and we have to respect it,but I simply can't

long enough ?I think so

empoli - juve 0 - 2 trezeguet and DP(if he will play he will score)
only one wish:let Mutu play motherf***** coach:fero:

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
I am really looking forward to this match.....
IMO Capello should play Del Piero....
With todays Juve I'm sure that we can win this match and many more.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Capello does not have a bias against DP. He just prefers a certain type of player with certain characteristics which fit in his tactics, something which DP does not have but Zlatan does. He used to bench Savicevic and still win shitloads. When the Juve maangement brought him, they knew what kind of coach he was and what kind of tactics he likes. But as long as we win it doesn't really matter how or who we play.
I'm not going to argue against his achievements...but I don't see how you can attribute Del Piero's exculsion purely to Capello's preference of big strikers.Look at last season, when Del Piero was substituted countless times when he played well.Zalayeta was repetitively brought on and Del Piero replaced no matter what the scenario.Alot of times Del Piero saved Juve's ass(more times than Zlatan and Zalayeta did) when he was needed most and still he got subbed.Going by the stats if Capello isn't biased against Del Piero then he's biased against players who play well.:rolleyes:

Which top team in the world plays with two large targetmen up front, btw?
IF cassano is bought, it's obvious that Capello has something up his mind. He won't just buy a player for the sake of it! If Capello is as biased as you claim he is, then I doubt he wouldh ave won as much in his career as he would have played his fav players and not the best ones. However, history proves him right as he won a lot everywhere he went, therefore his decisions must be accepted cos he knows what he's doing.
Alot of the time, the coach's favourite player is one of the best.Not always though.And nobody knows if he'd have won more if he'd been more objective.

Nevertheless it still doesn't change the fact that we have too many forwards already and that the team is lacking in other areas.Nobody is immune to some due criticism because of his track record, and Capello has made his share of transfer boo-boos.
Which point you mean? Capello's biasedness? Seriously if it was another player and not DP, people would not be calling Capello biased. When Lippi rarely played Maresca, I don't recall people calling him biased.
Maresca's situation is a different one entirely...Enzo merely represented a promising prospect and playing him would've meant displacing one of our starting midfielders.Lippi's always been reluctant to blood our youngsters by giving them alot of games in which to mature, and Maresca was by no means an isloated example.Del Piero, on the other hand...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I'm not going to argue against his achievements...but I don't see how you can attribute Del Piero's exculsion purely to Capello's preference of big strikers.Look at last season, when Del Piero was substituted countless times when he played well.Zalayeta was repetitively brought on and Del Piero replaced no matter what the scenario.Alot of times Del Piero saved Juve's ass(more times than Zlatan and Zalayeta did) when he was needed most and still he got subbed.Going by the stats if Capello isn't biased against Del Piero then he's biased against players who play well.

Which top team in the world plays with two large targetmen up front, btw?
You're exagerating on the number of games DP played well and saved our asses. And what you said about DP being substituted for DP countless of times just proves that Capello prefers big strikers.

Maresca's situation is a different one entirely...Enzo merely represented a promising prospect and playing him would've meant displacing one of our starting midfielders.Lippi's always been reluctant to blood our youngsters by giving them alot of games in which to mature, and Maresca was by no means an isloated example.Del Piero, on the other hand...
Displacing one of our starting midfielders? You mean a Tacchinardi or Appiah? Wouldn't that have been a great thing?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

So you would want Capello to tell everybody while he's still at Roma that he's moving to their hated rival, thus turning the fans against him and disrupting stability at the club? Albeit during a season in which they could win the Scudetto? Don't be an idiot Seven....not even Lippi would tell us something like that.

So would he offend some of his own players and put them in their place while still leading the club, once again right in the middle of a Scudetto season? Do you realize how retarded that would be Seven? Again, think this through for a little bit. You are making no sense at all.

That is simply biased speculation Seven, and it doesn't even make any sense. We don't know what goes on in Capello's head, and making all this crap up just to fuel your hate for his treatment of Del Piero is rather absurd. Another case of a fan getting pissed off and losing all objectivity in the process. You are such a drama queen when it comes to Del Piero, Seven.
He shouldn't have said he was going to Juve. But who forced him to say he would never join Juve?

He didn't have the right to offend them afterwards. If you talk bad about people, you do it in their face.

It's hardly biased speculation, Andy. I already stated that my hate for Capello has in fact little to do with del Piero. I've always disliked him for the way he treated Montella as well.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by sateeh ] ++

Some people did actually.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++

Seven you are a cut above this usually:

People change.. we live in an age of no certaintitys. I used to say I would never get a playstation but I have not only a Ps but also a PS2. Not to mention he said that to be diplomatic- he was coaching roma FFS!

Capello has never talked bad about Cassano- perhaps Totti but this was at provocation when Totti gave him bad comments. No need to make up things

If he really had this problem, surely he would of had it with Totti.. or Cassano. Or any of the players he coached in his era with Milan...

You can make better arguements usually. Your standards have slipped.
This is a bit easy, Dan. Dismissing principles like that is simply too much. We might live in an age of no certainties, but there's no need for Capello to state that he was never going to go Juventus. If you're off to Juve, you don't have to say you are when you're still coaching Roma, but surely you don't have to say you'll never go to Juve either.

Actually Capello did talk bad about Cassano. He urged De Rossi not to have the same lifestyle as Cassano, because he would waste his talent that way.

There's a difference between Totti and del Piero: class. This makes it a lot harder for Capello. Whereas putting Totti or Cassano on the bench for disciplinary reasons would be widely accepted, putting del Piero there isn't. Why? Because del Piero's smart enough to be quiet. And when you look at the figures del Piero still scored 14. Another reason he didn't have that problem with Totti or Cassano is that there were simply no valid replacements. Who was he going to play in their place?

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++

He shouldn't have said he was going to Juve. But who forced him to say he would never join Juve?
The journalists. They asked him if he would join Juventus (it was the week leading to the game against Juve so there was a lot of build-up) and he said no he wouldn't. Imagine if he said yes, he would have disrupted the whole harmony of the team (which then went on to beat us 4-1).

He didn't have the right to offend them afterwards. If you talk bad about people, you do it in their face.
You really got your facts wrong there. He never offended either Cassano nor Totti. On the contrary, he always praised Cassano. Totti was the one who offended Capello, but Cap replied with a no comment and told Totti not to talk that much. He didn't say anything wrong there. You're just trying to make Capello sound worse than he is.

It's hardly biased speculation, Andy. I already stated that my hate for Capello has in fact little to do with del Piero. I've always disliked him for the way he treated Montella as well.
Before that season, he was always playing Montella and they won the Scudetto together. Then he changed the tactic to 4-4-2 and he played Totti-Cassano ahead of him which is fair enough.

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004

This is a bit easy, Dan. Dismissing principles like that is simply too much. We might live in an age of no certainties, but there's no need for Capello to state that he was never going to go Juventus. If you're off to Juve, you don't have to say you are when you're still coaching Roma, but surely you don't have to say you'll never go to Juve either.

Actually Capello did talk bad about Cassano. He urged De Rossi not to have the same lifestyle as Cassano, because he would waste his talent that way.

There's a difference between Totti and del Piero: class. This makes it a lot harder for Capello. Whereas putting Totti or Cassano on the bench for disciplinary reasons would be widely accepted, putting del Piero there isn't. Why? Because del Piero's smart enough to be quiet. And when you look at the figures del Piero still scored 14. Another reason he didn't have that problem with Totti or Cassano is that there were simply no valid replacements. Who was he going to play in their place?
Dismissing my certainties arguement aside, would you expect anything less from the coach of roma at the time? I certainly would not. If the coach of Roma said: ' Well yes I would actually like coach Juventus one day ' that would cause a bit of an uproar... yes he could of handled it differently with a typical response which doesnt answer the question, but he obviously wanted to get in good with the players and the fans. I would probably lie in his position.

I did not know about that urging De Rossi not to follow the Cassano style. Source if you have any?

The difference between DP and Totti is class, but I dont see how that would be a factor in ego conflicts, as Totti's ego is probably 3 times the size of Capello's. There is a reason why Totti and Cassano played despite being egotistical twats: They were good. They were linking up well and playing great football and scoring goals. Capello could of played Montella at anytime, or even Delvechio during that year. He wasnt short of replacements at the front. As if he looks for excuses to bench players on the team who are ' threatening ' to him- do you relise how ridiculous that sounds? A coach who would of done that would never of made it this far into club football.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

You're exagerating on the number of games DP played well and saved our asses. And what you said about DP being substituted for DP countless of times just proves that Capello prefers big strikers.

Displacing one of our starting midfielders? You mean a Tacchinardi or Appiah? Wouldn't that have been a great thing?
I'm not exaggerating, no.Del Piero was the most decisive player in Serie A.Yep, not Zlatan or any other big striker.And if a coach stubbornly sticks to his preferences at the expense of a performing player in good form then it goes to prove his biasness, doesn't it?

I agree that Maresca would have been a more than adequate replacement for Tacchinardi or Appiah but we all know how conservative Lippi can be.I'd be all for Maresca in the first team but my point is that it perhaps wasn't much of a surprise for Lippi to favour his more established midfielders, and to be fair it wasn't until Maresca went to Fiorentina that he proved he could deliver on a consistent level over an entire season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

If I remember correctly Capello was merely answering a press question about his future decisions, so I see nothing wrong his actions. If you're going to be upset with Capello you better be upset with Moggi and Lippi because they said similar things only to not follow through with them.

Yes he did have the right to "offend" Totti, because it was the latter who started the whole thing by talking to the press. Again, you fail to see all of this Seven, purposely.

And lol....right. All about Montella, little about Del Piero. Come off it Seven. Glenn pretty much summed it all up.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I'm not exaggerating, no.Del Piero was the most decisive player in Serie A.Yep, not Zlatan or any other big striker.And if a coach stubbornly sticks to his preferences at the expense of a performing player in good form then it goes to prove his biasness, doesn't it?
Desmond says who? There was never such an award. And if there was it would have gone to either Lucarelli or Gilardino as they were more decisive for their teams fate than any other big team player was.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002

Desmond says who? There was never such an award. And if there was it would have gone to either Lucarelli or Gilardino as they were more decisive for their teams fate than any other big team player was.
It is a fact.Del Piero's goals earned more points than any other player did for their club.

Aug 1, 2003
Oh FFS, I would be much happier if we just stick to what we've got, DP, Mutu and all that. Screw Cassano. Hes talented and everything, will be a great addition but I would prefer it if we make do with what we've got.

I want Mutu and DP to stay, there, I've said it.

GAHHHHHH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)