[Serie A] Empoli vs. Juventus (8 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
++ [ originally posted by edpiero ] ++
Great skill and good teamwork...
FORZA JUVENTUS !

Btw Anyone see Moggi smoking his cigar ?
Wasn't it banned to not smoke in stadiums anymore :p
Moggi was not wearing a tie in the first half, then he wore on in the 2nd.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++
Vieira went stale

Patrick Vieira says he has a much greater chance of conquering Europe with Juventus than at Arsenal, whilst also saying he went stale at Highbury.

The French midfielder joined Juve for £13.5 million during the summer and the former Arsenal skipper has hit out at his old side.

Vieira says he has much more of a chance of landing the UEFA Champions League now he has swapped North London for Turin.

"At least on paper, I think I have a better chance of winning the Champions League with Juventus," said Vieira.

"Our squad is very strong. Very often there are two internationals competing for each place in the team."

Vieira says that he feels more pressure to win things at Juventus, adding that he had gone stale in the past couple of years at Arsene Wenger's side.

"There's a pressure here in Turin, a pressure on people to win, a determination in the air and in the environment that I hadn't felt in a long time at Arsenal.

"I have an excellent midfield partner with Emerson and we have a very strong midfield.

"Most of all, though, there's such a will to win here because Juventus are so used to winning.

"I feel pressure on me to do well and that hadn't happened in a while at Arsenal.

"I wasn't at my best over the last two years but each time my form has dipped I've been capable of pulling myself back up again.

"I needed a new challenge."
Vieira :thumb:

ESS-Juventino

May 6, 2005
I saw match and:

1- Patrick, the King! Pity we didn't get him earlier. will be juventus leader and legend very soon!

2- Trezeguet reminds me of his form in 2001/2002 season! Please NO injury!

3- Cannavaro! Simply the best!

We were too good for empoli!

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
Capello: “This is a team who doesn’t settle for second-best”

“Today’s performance was positive; I’m particularly happy with the messages I got from my players: this is a team who wants to do well, who does not settle for second-best. I had seen the same spirit also during the week and it’s very good to see it confirmed in the match.” Fabio Capello has fielded a perfect Juventus: a solid defence, an authoritative midfield, a relentless attack, with Ibrahimovic and Trezeguet to form an exceptional partnership: “They did play a good match; however, we must not forget that Juventus have five forwards and that everyone will have their place as it’s a long way to the end of the championship. It will be important to play always with the same determination as we had today: also when you’re leading 3-0 you don’t have to relax because you may allow the opponents to hit back and most of all because getting the lost concentration back is always hard.”

Hope filled words Don Fabio.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
Trezeguet looks weird, you would think that after so many goals the guy would have learned how to celebrate.
Unpredictablity is the key to his goals and the celebrations thereafter. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)