[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (58 Viewers)

La Professore

Oct 15, 2011
To be honest, Chiellini natural position was a left-back. He was brought in as a sub for zambrotta in early 2000. I think having him as a left-back will make our backline extremely strong. reason being, he is physically very strong and a great header. most of the wingers are very bad at heading/jumping. With chiellini marking them. They would have absolutely no chance of winning/receiving any aerial ball. Most of the fullbacks are often bad jumper/header, we are very lucky to have chiellini as a fullback :) besides, i think he is more suited for fullback as he is full of stamina and grit. plus the fact that he loose concentration sometimes, which is more dangerous if he is a CB.
Do you seriously have Rigobert song as your avatar? :D

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Who were they supposed to cross to? Most of the time the only option seemed to be Vucinic and four Chievo defenders and besides, Vucinic doesn't have any physical presence in those situations. He's no lone striker. Even if he played well against Milan he didn't find himself in scoring positions often enough. I said this hours before todays game that its not enough to have a lone striker who holds up the ball so that the midfielders can score. The midfielders should be assisting the strikers not the other way round.
There were times that up to 4 Juve players were in the penalty box. The thing is Chievo's defended too tight (people too underestimate them, really) and sadly it was Licht who had done most of the crossing if you know what I mean.

Do you seriously have Rigobert song as your avatar? :D
Seriously, new Alvin? :shifty:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
There were times that up to 4 Juve players were in the penalty box. The thing is Chievo's defended too tight (people too underestimate them, really) and sadly it was Licht who had done most of the crossing if you know what I mean.
That's my beef.

Sure we have 1 striker, but that does't mean he is the only one that will be getting crosses. There are other players that move into the box from the opposite side. We have been crossing bad so far in every game, whether it's one striker or two in the box it doesn't matter. There was an instance in the 5th or 6th minute I think where Krasic literally had enough time and let the ball actually stop rolling before attempting to cross and still fucked it up.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Our wingers are s***t but it appears Conte expects them to do excessive defending. Makes it impossible to counter-attack. And do we really need to rush back on defense against these little teams. We lose the ball, but before you know it, we have 8-9 men back in defensive position to counter their 3-man attack. No wonder they never open up.

All just seems too cautious.

Aug 1, 2003
that is true about our wingers having more defensive duties. but even so, their crosses are utter crap, which I honestly think is a bigger problem than it may seem - well perhaps not bigger but we definitely, definitely missing it. I think SKY reported that this season we only had an accuracy of 14% with our crosses.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We lost points, jinx. Start doing something else at matchdays, will ya?
Stop opening the game threads. Haven't you learned by now you are bad luck?

How many more points are you willing to let this team drop before you stop?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Still gutted we dropped points here... We've beat Parma, Siena and Milan and drawn with Bologna, Catania and Chievo.
In all honesty that's really not that impressive.

I second the above points, our wingers are truly shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)