[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (33 Viewers)

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
agreed. i think the reason for the slow passes is that we are over reliant on pirlo. everytime our players get the ball, the pass it to pirlo for him to distribute it to the wings. therefore, we wasted time. If our players are confident with their own passing. they could have saved alot of time passing the ball to the wings without the help of pirlo everytime. I notice pirlo is playing very deep today. it goes to show that our defenders cant distribute decent balls to the midfield/attack.
Exactly what I think.

We waste our superior possession too often. We had 63-37 today by the way...........

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
4-1-4-1 will work against big, attacking teams. I don't blame Conte for using it again after we just dominated Milan throughout the pitch 2 weeks ago, but he switched to the 4-4-2 a little late by putting DP on.

Small teams: 4-4-2 so we can break down their defences with two strikers.
Big teams: 4-1-4-1 to dominate the midfield and service up above.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
on a side note, i wouldnt mind buying some1 like d'agostino or nakamura type of pirlo to replace pirlo incase he gets injured/tired.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
4-1-4-1 will work against big, attacking teams. I don't blame Conte for using it again after we just dominated Milan throughout the pitch 2 weeks ago, but he switched to the 4-4-2 a little late by putting DP on.

I agree, having three midfielders was not needed in this game.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
guys, i just realised i got infracted 2 wks ago for insulting marchisio and calling him naive when he talked about scudetto. hahaha

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Fuck this shit,watched the second half only but whatever the reasons we can't accept 3 draw
results against Bologna,Catania and Chievo.maybe we would have lost some of these last season,but we can't be happy about it.we luckily still first because all the league sucked today.Hope Conte figures this out and we'll see an improvement vs Genoa on Saturday.
Forza Juve!
Can someone share ratings?thnx.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

That's what I think.

When we've played 4-1-4-1 against the small teams, we have struggled to break down their defences and create chances. Our results have reflected that. 1-1 against CUNTania and 0-0 against Chievo.

Using 4-1-4-1 against teams like Milan and Inter will be more effective because they dont typically sit back and defend with 10 men behind the ball like these provincial teams, and the extra man in midfield is useful for us defensively as well.

I hope to see the return of the 4-4-2 against Genoa. Matri and Vucinic/DP please. And a bit of Quags action too as well, hopefully.

May 22, 2007
This Juventus is useless in attack if our wide players continue to offer such little threat and creativeness. Krasic's form is horrible, his confidence must be at an extreme low, given how often he's stopping the ball and turning round to pass it to Lichtsteiner instead of taking on players like he did this time last year. Giaccherini looked quite lively but had limited time, and Estigarribia barely got in possession. Pepe was probably the best one with that one good cross to Del Piero, and his shot which forced a (rare) save out of Sorrentino. It's obvious we'll not create many chances against organised teams that have a pragmatic approach if the wide players continue like this. It's not like our fullbacks can chip in with a good cross either. Pirlo was often left with the responsibility of creating something from in our own half, and had to resort to closer options.

On the other hand, this Juventus is useful in defense if we continue to allow the opposition next to nothing in chances (on a semi-consistent basis). I do like how solid Lichtsteiner, Barzagli and Chiellini are. It feels like Giorgio is still coming across to the centre to cover for Bonucci though. I also liked Marchisio, Vidal (last 30 minutes especially) and Del Piero today.

Regarding formation, I'm not against a three man central midfield, I think it can be successful, but I'd rather Juventus tried playing with two forwards if that's the case, it would be good for Vucinic to have a role where he can start deeper and take on defenders. Something like the below, to have two players that have a focus on goal.

Winger-Matri-Vucinic​

Chievo played well to keep a draw though, only Del Piero was an honest threat. And to be honest, a left back remains high up on my list of things this team needs, someone to match Lichtsteiner on the right, so we can move Chiellini and Bonucci to where they belong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)