[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (56 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I wish we could see a real 4-3-3 at least once this season, with marchisio, pirlo and vidal in midfield and quag, matri and vucinic up front.
Agreed. Besides, the whole point in having wingers entails them being able to cross the ball. In terms of attacking, the crossing department is by far our most pathetic. Eliminate that problem with the 433.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I do not think we played badly by an means, and I saw improvements in this Juve in every part of the pitch compared to last season's encounters.

Things you have to keep in mind are:

It was an away game
Chievo are not a poor team by an means, they've only dropped 3pts once.
6 Juve players were playing 2 games last week, they're obviously tired. (Buffon, Barz, Chiellini, Bonucci, Marchisio, Pirlo)
:tup:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
We played with 1 striker man, what are you talking about?

Vucinic was surrounded by 4defenders the whole game.
not only that, looks at the distance between our wingers/mids and vucininc whenever he had the ball. it took them ages to get in position.

it would have made sense if you have fast midfielders and wingers, but when the mids and wingers are slow like ours, you know its going to be a disaster.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
The wingers we have definitely make the formation seem worse than it is. Krasic and Pepe, can't shoot or cross for shit, it's like we're playing with 9 men.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Personally I have no objections at starting with a lone striker, but I do have objections how Conte handled the match later. I would have risked to lose the match and added not one, but two attackers at the expense of a defender and Krasic. Mourinho style. That was the only way to break Chievo's defense. They were all in their box most of the time.
Milan was beating the small teams that defend like Chievo solely because they had three quality attackers. We should have done that today, at least after the 60th minute.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
In the end we didn't create one clear cut chance in 90 minutes. DP header was half a chance considering he's only 1.5m tall.

Even against Milan we didn't create any clear cut chances.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
basically, our players just need time to gel. there are alot of times where our attackers get in the way of each other. and we need to take krasic out of the team. Giaccherini should start instead of krasic. I'm not sure why conte prefer starting krasic. the only reason i can think of is that, giac doesnt have the stamina to run a full 90 mins.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Agreed. Besides, the whole point in having wingers entails them being able to cross the ball. In terms of attacking, the crossing department is by far our most pathetic. Eliminate that problem with the 433.
Exactly. What's the point of even having them if they won't add anything at all?

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
8 points ahead of Inter, 4 of Milan and two ahead of Napoli. Not the worse place to be.
it is when you consider this :

Sat 22nd 19:45 Italy Serie A Juventus vs Genoa
Tue 25th 19:45 Italy Serie A Juventus vs Fiorentina
Sat 29th 19:45 Italy Serie A Inter Milan vs Juventus
NOVEMBER 11
Sun 6th 19:45 Italy Serie A Napoli vs Juventus
Sun 20th 14:00 Italy Serie A Juventus vs Palermo
Sat 26th 19:45 Italy Serie A Lazio vs Juventus

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
after marchisio got subbed of, vidal started playing better and better...
though I wouldn't have subbed marchisio off if I was Conte, because he was playing way better than most of the other players
yea i noticed that too.when marchisio got out vidal improved a lot.dunno why, and i agree i wouldn't have subbed marchisio

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
The wingers we have definitely make the formation seem worse than it is. Krasic and Pepe, can't shoot or cross for shit, it's like we're playing with 9 men.
Pepe put one on a platter for Del Piero, and had a cracking left footer from outside the box that the keeper did well to save.

Agreeing on Krasic right now though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 56)