[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (67 Viewers)

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I still don't think the formation is to blame. There were too many errors in this match contrary to the previous match, particularly in the final third
Vucinic who had a very good game in the previous match, also was having an off game on this match.

And Chievo defended pretty well. Too bad that the ref was giving them benefit of the doubt too many times before he started to give yellows at the end.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wish we could see a real 4-3-3 at least once this season, with marchisio, pirlo and vidal in midfield and quag, matri and vucinic up front.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
i dont understand why conte subbed out marchisio. perhaps he though that vidal was better defensively?
Vidal had more power in his legs in the last minutes. That's probably the only reason. Chievo couldn't even come 30 meters close to our goal when both Marchi and Vidal played. But at the expense of our solid defending our attack suffered. Conte knew that adding DP for a CM might make us more dangerous in attack but will make us more prone to counter attacks, which did happen because all Chievo's attacks happened exactly in the last minutes. Of course, adding Del Piero was a risk that had to be taken so no objections. But the risk to be countered was there and Conte opted for the player who was physically better prepared, which was Vidal. And Vidal did do his job well in the last 20 minutes.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I do not think we played badly by an means, and I saw improvements in this Juve in every part of the pitch compared to last season's encounters.

Things you have to keep in mind are:

It was an away game
Chievo are not a poor team by an means, they've only dropped 3pts once.
6 Juve players were playing 2 games last week, they're obviously tired. (Buffon, Barz, Chiellini, Bonucci, Marchisio, Pirlo)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I personally think it's wrong to say it's Conte's fault cause he played with one striker. It has nothing to do with the opponent, we're a bigger club and THEY should be the ones changing their formation to matches ours, and not us. We should be well capable of beating any team with this formation, let alone one very weak Chievo. This doesn't mean less offensive formation at all.
We played with 1 striker man, what are you talking about?

Vucinic was surrounded by 4defenders the whole game.

Jul 1, 2010
I still don't think the formation is to blame. There were too many errors in this match contrary to the previous match, particularly in the final third
Vucinic who had a very good game in the previous match, also was having an off game on this match.

And Chievo defended pretty well. Too bad that the ref was giving them benefit of the doubt too many times before he started to give yellows at the end.
He was completely isolated, not his fault.

We need to use the 4-4-2.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
I personally think it's wrong to say it's Conte's fault cause he played with one striker. It has nothing to do with the opponent, we're a bigger club and THEY should be the ones changing their formation to matches ours, and not us. We should be well capable of beating any team with this formation, let alone one very weak Chievo. This doesn't mean less offensive formation at all.
Not enough presence up front, not enough pressure on their defense and we also lacked space for the midfielders to work on and it would have been possible with 442.

Two strikers was the obvious solution to all this and we would have been more of a threat if we would have started the game like that.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Fuck Chievio and fuck pelliser this team really makes me sick. Such a frustrating result Krasic was patheitc and if he doesn't improve soon we should seriosuly consider finding a replacement in January. Should of played with Del Piero and Vucinic up front from the start we should be crushing teams like Chievo if we want to talk about making a scudetto challenge this year if not just shut up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)