[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (15 Viewers)

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
It's almost as if we were playing for the draw for the majority of that match.

- Lone striker for 70mins
- Our build-up play in attack is way too slow - Chievo never looked like they were under any pressure until there were only minutes to go
- We choose not to counter-attack half the time, even when the opportunity is there
- We don't want to go into and win 50/50 challenges. So many times we tend to hang back and hope they make a first-touch mistake
- Too many wasteful long balls in the first half. Pump the ball up to a lone striker - yeah, that works
- No threat to the defence. We aren't pressuring them to make any decisions. No overlaps, cutting runs etc. We get the ball and pass - easy to read, and fairly ineffective at trying to break a defence down

Most of those points have shone through in all our draws so far. Have to be addressed. They're my main concerns.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Conte needs to learn the difference between tactical inadequacies and poor mentality. A half time speech was probably never going to turn this team around. He needed to make his changes much sooner. At least our defense held up today but now hopefully he learns that Vucinic is no lone striker. Not even in the Milan game did he get many chances. Lets get some goal scorers on the pitch. Matri for lone striker when we play 4-1-4-1 and Matri - DP/Vucinic in the 4-2-4 system. Vidal looked much better in the 4-2-4 system by the way.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Yeah, I'm not too stressed out. We clearly lack the world class quality to break down teams like these on a regular basis. But we're still unbeaten, and we've gained when it comes to our rivals for the third spot, Napoli and Inter. Milan will win this championship, there never was any question about that.

But still, very frustrating to watch. God I hate these minnows, defending with 8 men ALL the time. Pathetic.
Can't blame them for our lack of ability

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I am disgusted - we don't have a strong enough team to beat the small defensive teams to death - no x-factor type player
We play 4-4-2 from the start and we get at least a goal from this game.

Disappointing that we drop points against these teams. I am also really really sick of us NEVER taking advantage of our rivals slipping up.

Conte has to take the blame for his tactics and the formation that started this game. 4-5-1 against these rubbish mid table teams in beyond disgraceful.

tpain

Apr 8, 2008
im pretty sure krasic needs to be sold. he offers nothing other than speed and running. walcott, swp, baky kone are similar to him. what we need is a player that can make good movements and passes. Krasic made a really bad pass during a counter attack.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #647
    The choke curse continues. We won't win the league dropping 6 points already to 3 piss poor teams.
    That's the jinx curse you bring with you.

What a horrible match, I hate it that after waiting so much to watch them play and they do what they did today. Really disappointing.

We should have played with two forwards from the very beginning and the forced subs won't get us anywhere. That's two mistakes from Conte today and they cost us two precious points.

Buffon 6

Lichtsteiner 6
    Barzagli 7
    Bonucci 6.5
    Chiellini 6.5

Pirlo 6
    Marchisio 6.5
    Vidal 5.5
    Krasic 4
    Pepe 5.5

Vucinic 6

Giaccherrini 6.5
    Del Piero 6.5
    Esrigarribia N.R

Boksic

May 11, 2005
    Nobody giving credit to Chievo?

They have only lost 1 game this season, which was in the last minute away from home and have already beaten Napoli. They are a difficult team to breakdown and when we did we didn't take advantage.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I personally think it's wrong to say it's Conte's fault cause he played with one striker. It has nothing to do with the opponent, we're a bigger club and THEY should be the ones changing their formation to matches ours, and not us. We should be well capable of beating any team with this formation, let alone one very weak Chievo. This doesn't mean less offensive formation at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)