[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (63 Viewers)

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Di Carlo has Juventus plan

Chievo take on Serie A leaders Juventus this weekend, but Coach Mimmo Di Carlo warns “we’re going to win, not to lock down Andrea Pirlo.”
The Flying Donkeys are known for their defensive solidity and have already beaten big guns Napoli this season.

“Some victories are born first in the mind and the heart, then the legs, so dreams can help you to play better,” Di Carlo told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We didn’t allow Napoli space to go on the counter and in the second half put more pressure down the wings, creating a situation where we could win.

“Juve play with the centre of the squad higher up the field, so I’ll have to modify a few things to avoid their rapid transitions in the final third.”

Many suggest the best way to stop Juventus is to man-mark creative centre Pirlo.

“It would not be enough. Pressure on Pirlo must be accompanied by an aggressive attitude and tight lines, otherwise intelligent players like Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio will destroy you.

“When under attack, we must do well to ensure we’re not swept away. There will also be times when Juve need a breather and that is when we must strike. We’re going into this game to win, not just to lock down Pirlo.

“This is the strongest Chievo I have ever trained. Many players go on the bench who are potentially first choice picks and we can still improve a great deal.

“I tell my players the same thing before every game. We work all week to win, now we’re going on to the pitch to achieve it.”

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Lets not go down that road again. With this formation we have so many runs into the box that the number of actual strikers is irrelevant.
With 2 strikers we have more pressure upfront and 2 players with main job to score some goals.

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Di Carlo has Juventus plan

Chievo take on Serie A leaders Juventus this weekend, but Coach Mimmo Di Carlo warns “we’re going to win, not to lock down Andrea Pirlo.”
The Flying Donkeys are known for their defensive solidity and have already beaten big guns Napoli this season.

“Some victories are born first in the mind and the heart, then the legs, so dreams can help you to play better,” Di Carlo told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We didn’t allow Napoli space to go on the counter and in the second half put more pressure down the wings, creating a situation where we could win.

“Juve play with the centre of the squad higher up the field, so I’ll have to modify a few things to avoid their rapid transitions in the final third.”

Many suggest the best way to stop Juventus is to man-mark creative centre Pirlo.

“It would not be enough. Pressure on Pirlo must be accompanied by an aggressive attitude and tight lines, otherwise intelligent players like Arturo Vidal and Claudio Marchisio will destroy you.

“When under attack, we must do well to ensure we’re not swept away. There will also be times when Juve need a breather and that is when we must strike. We’re going into this game to win, not just to lock down Pirlo.

“This is the strongest Chievo I have ever trained. Many players go on the bench who are potentially first choice picks and we can still improve a great deal.

“I tell my players the same thing before every game. We work all week to win, now we’re going on to the pitch to achieve it.”
:howler: This coming from a coach who led Sampdoria to Serie B. Fuck him and his team of maggots. I hope we crush them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)