[Serie A] Chievo 0-0 JUVENTUS (16th October, 2011) (35 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If he's as good as they say, he will :D

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that by the end of the year our wingers will consist of Chelo and Motta :snoop:

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I say we revert back to 442 against Chievo. Against Milan, I understand why adopted 4141 as we needed to control the midfield. Against Chievo, I think we should be able to control the midfield anyway. So I would have Matri and Vucinic up front. Wouldn't mind giving Chiellini another shot at left back for this game. My line-up would be:

--------------------Buffon------------------

Lichsteiner----Barzagli----Bonucci----Chiellini

Krasic------Pirlo----Marchisio/Vidal----Pepe/Elia/Giacch

--------------Matri-------Vucinic-------------

Just not sure who to have on left wing. Ordinarily I would say Elia......but perhaps he is not performing that well in training. We spent 8m for this guy......it would be a bit of a waste if hardly ever use him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If we played at home it would probably be 4-2-4, but for stronger teams and away games I think Conte will use 4-1-4-1. Altough I would like this formation at some point to be tested.
Licht-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Pirlo
Marchisio-Vidal
Krasic-Matri-Vucinic​

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Buffon

Licht--Barzag--Bonucci--Chiello*

Pepe--Vidal**--Pirlo--Giacch

Vuci--Quag/DP

*Don't want to see Chiello there long term but Bonucci deserves to keep his start and DC/Grosso blow.

**Just for diplomatic reasons. Really Cheesio should start on form and because Vidal hasn't played in the 4-4-2 yet.
There is no way that Conte will drop Marchisio after he scored two goals vs Milan.

I'd like to see that too.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Not sure about Quag on the right, I think he's best suited up front. Maybe a sort of 4-1-3-2 where Vidal and Marchisio play as they normally do, Vucinic plays as left winger and Matri & Quag both upfront. I think that's pretty attack heavy, but would score a lot of goals surely.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I hope we don't get carried away with this game. we suck against small teams and this could really come back and fuck us hard if we get cocky
That's exactly what I'm worried about. Winning next game will be of huge importance. We've beaten Parma and Siena then came that game against Bologna where even though we outplayed them with 10 men, all we menaged was a draw, which was followed with a match against Catania, and this time we were ouplayed but were lucky enough to score goal. We did create some chances but in the end we left them to much space to take advantage over us. Fortunately we played great game against Milan, but now it will one more step forward for our confidence if we win against Chievo or at least remain unbeaten. Last season after beating some rival team, usually we would stumble in the next round against much inferior opponent. I hope we learned that lesson.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We should just play the formation we have played best in so far and that would probably be the 4-1-4-1 we played against Milan. Why would you want to play anything less than the best possible formation? Changing formation based on the quality of opponent is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
It's not about that, it's because we simply lack presence and cutting edge upfront. If you play a team like Chievo with those factors kicking in, then be sure it won't be enjoyable. I don't think we absolutely need three midfielders to impose our game against Chievo, even if it was the best thing to do against Milan (because it was actually needed for that match).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)