[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (7 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The injury plagued Juventus got more than deserved so far this season. For so long throughout the season we had to use average and below average players.
Fighting, motivation, luck and most of all the awful form of our rivals Milan and Roma took us where we are at the moment. Inter's bad form is another reason why we're "only" 7 pts behind them.
I'm passionatly defending my team but i won't be lying to myself and say that we're good and that's why we're doing fine so far. No, many other factors contributed to our good season.
So, i agree with most of the things Cron mentioned.

But i will be even more positive.
Cronios said that with all our players back we stand a chance to eliminate Chelsea. I say that we stand a chance to do even better than that.
With some miracle we managed to stay in the game in all competitions so far, even though we had an average team. With Buffon back on goal and Zebina+Chiellini back in the defense, with a more creative CM next to Sissoko (Tiago) and with our most creative player Camoranesi, we aren't an average team any more. We are a very strong team actually.
If we're lucky with injuries we will celebrate something big at the end of the season.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
So when can we expect zebina back? What about andrade, did we ever let that guy go? I'm not sure if chiellini will be back in time for chelsea but we better clean up the backline asap.

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
ranieri needs to start making some better selections as far as the starting line up and his subs
nedved cant be starting almost every single game at 36years old and since every1 can see he is not always performing,giovinco should get more chances,especially now that de ceglie is injured as well

second why on a must win game against catania his subs where rather defensive than offensive??that fact that poulsen sscore is just plain luck.
alex or giovinco should ve come on to inject some creativity and help amauri who was battling by himself

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I really don't like Grygera. The weakst link in this team.
I like Grygera a lot. I love his playing style, BUT he's average at best. He plays the way a right back should play, but often isn't quick or strong enough and that's why he gets beaten to the ball.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I like Grygera a lot. I love his playing style, BUT he's average at best. He plays the way a right back should play, but often isn't quick or strong enough and that's why he gets beaten to the ball.
i dont think he's that bad either, as a squad player he's adequate but today he was dreadful, there was that blind clearance with his head in the game which almost lead to a catania goal which fumed me

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The injury plagued Juventus got more than deserved so far this season. For so long throughout the season we had to use average and below average players.
Fighting, motivation, luck and most of all the awful form of our rivals Milan and Roma took us where we are at the moment. Inter's bad form is another reason why we're "only" 7 pts behind them.
I'm passionatly defending my team but i won't be lying to myself and say that we're good and that's why we're doing fine so far. No, many other factors contributed to our good season.
So, i agree with most of the things Cron mentioned.

But i will be even more positive.
Cronios said that with all our players back we stand a chance to eliminate Chelsea. I say that we stand a chance to do even better than that.
With some miracle we managed to stay in the game in all competitions so far, even though we had an average team. With Buffon back on goal and Zebina+Chiellini back in the defense, with a more creative CM next to Sissoko (Tiago) and with our most creative player Camoranesi, we aren't an average team any more. We are a very strong team actually.
If we're lucky with injuries we will celebrate something big at the end of the season.
Look at these two formations:

Buffon
Zebina Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Camoranesi Tiago Sissoko Giovinco
Amauri Del Piero (C)

Buffon
Zebina Legro Chiellini Molinaro
Poulsen/Camoranesi Tiagp Sissoko
Giovinco
Amauri/Del Piero Trezeguet/Del Piero​

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The second one should be used but with Sissoko as the anchor with Camo and Tiago to his sides.

And people better not come in here and say Camo will be hindered by this system.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Andy: If he is fit, he will prolly start most of these coming games. Zanetti is out for the season, I think Tiago goes ahead of Poulsen in Ranieri's books (keeps the flow better), it only leaves Marchisio as direct competition. And it depends on who is on better form or more needed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Andy: If he is fit, he will prolly start most of these coming games. Zanetti is out for the season, I think Tiago goes ahead of Poulsen in Ranieri's books (keeps the flow better), it only leaves Marchisio as direct competition. And it depends on who is on better form or more needed.
I think Marchisio and Poulsen will be given the go before Tiago. Of course I want Tiago to play though because he is a nice complement to Sissoko.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
People here are putting some blame on Buffon for the first goal, but I don't think there was much he could do about it, as 80% of the people thought Grygera was going to win the initial header, and when he lost it, Gigi had to scramble to keep it out. But Gigi did the right thing punching it sideways, cause the first thing you learn as a keeper is that never hit the ball back into the middle of a box, always push it away. We were unlucky that the side it went on there was Morimoto, though our defenders should have been much more reactive.

Giovinco should really have been put in for Nedved, not due to Nedved's performance, but Catania were playing without a RB from the end of the first half, and Giovinco would have supported Amauri.

The second Ranieri took off Camoranesi for Marchionni, I said i hope this doesn't come back to bite us in the ass...10 seconds later Catania equalize :groan:

I agree that Camo should have been taken off, cause we wouldn't want him to overexert himself on his first game back

Mar 3, 2008
STFU! Ranieri was ALL to blame, or you are not a tr00 Juventus fan! Players get sent off once in a while, but it's up to the coach to grab the match by the balls with his decisions, tactics and subs. Sadly, Ranieri did none of it, and if he takes credit for the Poulsen sub and eventually the goal, then he sucks more than Paris Hilton!
Relax buddy..
Catania were all over us already, how do you want Ranieri to just open up play. When you're 1 man down, you protect your back and hope for a lucky goal and that exactly what happened.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I think Marchisio and Poulsen will be given the go before Tiago. Of course I want Tiago to play though because he is a nice complement to Sissoko.
Somehow I feel Tiago is ahead of Poulsen to partner Sissoko. Tiago played almost all the games when we made our longest string of wins before losing to Inter and losing Tiago that night.

As for Marchisio he played because Tiago was injured.

With Zanetti out now, it is like this:

Sissoko starter with Poulsen as his replacement.
Tiago starter with Marchisio as his replacement. Also Poulsen can replace him when needed.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Somehow I feel Tiago is ahead of Poulsen to partner Sissoko. Tiago played almost all the games when we made our longest string of wins before losing to Inter and losing Tiago that night.

As for Marchisio he played because Tiago was injured.

With Zanetti out now, it is like this:

Sissoko starter with Poulsen as his replacement.
Tiago starter with Marchisio as his replacement. Also Poulsen can replace him when needed.
Hopefully that is the case because it's the right thing to do. We need a balance in central midfield and I still believe in Tiago to provide some of the smooth, sensical passing the team needs. He should have been playing all along in my view.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Hopefully that is the case because it's the right thing to do. We need a balance in central midfield and I still believe in Tiago to provide some of the smooth, sensical passing the team needs. He should have been playing all along in my view.
Not only passiing, he also does these sly steals, really classy stuff.

I am hoping mostly for Zebina now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)