[SERIE A] Catania 1-2 JUVENTUS (02/8/09) (7 Viewers)

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
i can't accept.. my report ;

Buffon : 7,5
Grygera : 3,5
Mellberg : 3 not Juventus player
Legrottaglie : 5,5 so strong with Chiellini
Molinaro : 1 ! no comment
Camonaresi : 8 he is back.im so happy :rulz:
Sissoko : 8,5 Brave MOMO and Man of the Match
Tiago : 7 best performance
Nedved : 6 not bad
Amauri : 5 : 85 mins sleeped and last five minutes rocked catania
Iaquinta : N/A

Subs : Marchionni : 4 not Juventus player , Poulsen : 6 he saved the day

Ranieri : 2 piss off from Juventus with Secco and Cobolli
:crazy:

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
3 very hard earned points but comes at no surprise considering minus 1 player.
Even IQ undeservedly got 2nd yellow, i blame him more than anyone else for making a such a difficult game for us. Game was extra difficult as we played Coppa game few days ago and full 120 minutes. We did push more in last 10 minutes of the game and we were more in their penalty area, so its not only pure luck...

Positives are Amauri pace, Camo's return, and for me probably best Tiago's game..
Nedved was solid, one of his best games recently ,but i was really disappointed with Grygera, Melberg, Molinaro, Marchioni.

My hopes are that soon we will have back and fully fit Chiellini, Camo, as well Trez.

At the end, i give credit to whole team for determination and 3 points.

Forza Juve

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
maybe my take on todays game is slightly different than the rest....

I thought everyone deserved a 7 rating for playing damn near the entire game shorthanded, and we still, somehow managed to take the 3 points....

....except Iaquinta. This had to be the the biggest, boneheaded one minute of pure STUPIDITY that I've seen the entire season. Fine, you scored a goal, you fucking idiot, but to do something that you know DAMN WELL will earn you a yellow card (and I think the rule is stupid myself, but rules are rules), is just plain idiotic !! As soon as he took his shirt off I thought to myself "oh great, now if he makes one bad move, he's off"...well, it only took one fucking minute !!!

Thanks to this imbecile, we had to play almost the entire game short-handed, and were pinned back in our side of the field for most of it. If it was transfer season, I would say sell this retard immediately, because what he did was inexcusable and unacceptable. I think he should have a permanent seat on the bench, or in the stands for the rest of the season.

If retard didnt get the red, I think we would have easily handled Catania, no matter RUINeri's tactics. I got frustrated watching Amauri trying to get past 4 defenders all by himself, with no assistance. I think RUINeri should have thrown DP in towards the end to give Amauri a partner, and go for the win, but I think he still felt burned (and scared) after the Cagliari fiasco lat week.

We were very fortunate to win...

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
3 very hard earned points but comes at no surprise considering minus 1 player.
Even IQ undeservedly got 2nd yellow, i blame him more than anyone else for making a such a difficult game for us. Game was extra difficult as we played Coppa game few days ago and full 120 minutes. We did push more in last 10 minutes of the game and we were more in their penalty area, so its not only pure luck...

Positives are Amauri pace, Camo's return, and for me probably best Tiago's game..
Nedved was solid, one of his best games recently ,but i was really disappointed with Grygera, Melberg, Molinaro, Marchioni.

My hopes are that soon we will have back and fully fit Chiellini, Camo, as well Trez.

At the end, i give credit to whole team for determination and 3 points.

Forza Juve
:tup:

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
Pleased to be back to winning ways even though it was not convincing - nevertheless we won and that is the most important thing.
Good performances by Camo, Amauri(who worked endlessly) and an outstanding performance by Buffon.
I can see why Buffon is vice captain now, ahead of Pavel but Pavel played a decent game. He created some chances and his corner in the final minutes eventually resulted in Poulsen's deserved gol - especially because Milan got their usual penalty last night. Iaquinta needs to watch his discipline but Trezeguet and Delpiero should start next weekend.
Finally we have beaten Catania in the league, and unlike the last few games against them in the league we did not play that well yet we came away with the 3 points.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
ESPN

Juve snatch late victory thanks to Poulsen

February 8, 2009

Substitute Christian Poulsen finally found favour with Juventus fans when he scored in injury time to seal a remarkable 2-1 win at Catania on Sunday.

Juve, reduced to 10 men after just 12 minutes, climbed back above AC Milan into second after the Dane took advantage of a defensive error to net his first goal of the season.

Poulsen has struggled to gain a place in the hearts of Juve fans following some average displays and a run of injuries since a move from Sevilla last July.

He made up for it in style in Sicily, and also spared Vincenzo Iaquinta's blushes after the striker was dismissed only moments after heading the opener.

Iaquinta was booked for removing his shirt in celebration but received a second yellow moments later for a foul.

Japanese forward Takayuki Morimoto brought the inconsistent hosts level early in the second half before Poulsen struck.

"It was a very hard match, especially as I've been injured for three months," Poulsen told Rai television. "But we have played as a team."

Injury-hit Juve, who left Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet on the bench, are seven points behind leaders Inter Milan after the champions won 3-0 at Lecce on Saturday. AC Milan are third on 45 after drawing 1-1 with bottom side Reggina.

Fiorentina moved up into fourth on Sunday after Alberto Gilardino scored on the rebound with a minute to go to secure a 1-0 victory over 10-man Lazio.

Lazio coach Delio Rossi is under pressure after a poor run and fan protests but his side did well to manage with a player short for over 70 minutes following Lorenzo De Silvestri's dismissal for two bookings.

In-form AS Roma are joint-fifth with Genoa, a point behind Fiorentina, after beating their rivals 3-0 at home thanks to goals from Cicinho, Mirko Vucinic and Julio Baptista.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I must say that even though we won we were awefull and Ranieri`s decisions like putting a defensive midfielder Poulsen instead of a more attacking and more creative midfielder Tiago and not looking to win the game are really stupid altough it fortunately had paid off

I really think we need a better manager at least one who won`t make us being dominated by small teams like Catania Cagliari and Udinese (yes I know that we were in 10 men against Catania but I still don`t think we should be dominated by them) after all Inter got to 10 men a few rounds back and not only did they survived they doubled their lead if I`m not mistaken

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Channel 4

Catania 1 - 2 Juventus
Iaquinta 11 (J), Morimoto 52 (C), Poulsen 91 (J)

Juventus are in second again after an incredible game! Vincenzo Iaquinta scored and was sent off just 12 minutes in, but Christian Poulsen won it at the death.

The Bianconeri needed a victory to recapture second place from Milan, but they were coming off two straight Serie A defeats and were tired from a Coppa Italia penalty shoot-out against Napoli midweek.

The injury crisis also dragged on with Giorgio Chiellini, Cristiano Zanetti, Paolo De Ceglie, Christian Molinaro, Hasan Salihamidzic, Jonathan Zebina and Dario Knezevic sidelined. Alex Del Piero was rested for a new Vincenzo Iaquinta-David Trezeguet partnership. The Sicilians only missed Pablo Ledesma, but had one point from their last five games.

Juventus were unbeaten against Catania, home or away, since September 1964 followed by seven wins and five draws.

Lorenzo Stovini wasted a good chance after four minutes, as a free kick took a double deflection on the way through for the defender to prod wide from six yards.

The Sicilians poured forward as Taka Morimoto sprung the offside trap on Biagianti's pass over the defence, but his first touch let him down to aid Gigi Buffon's save.

However, it was Juventus who took the lead against the run of play. Vincenzo Iaquinta freed himself from Stovini's marking - perhaps with a push - to nod in Mauro Camoranesi's free kick.

Iaquinta went from joy to disappointment in a heartbeat, as he was booked for taking off his jersey to celebrate and moments later received a second card for a tackle from behind. Juve had to play the remaining 78 minutes at the Stadio Massimino with 10 men.

Catania had a fantastic opportunity to equalise on a set play, but Potenza's header was denied from point-blank range by a magnificent Buffon save.

Camoranesi showed fair play when he was running down the right flank and ready to cross, but marker Ciro Capuano pulled up with a suspected thigh strain. The Juve winger put the ball out of play so he could receive treatment.

Amauri was left unmarked to meet a Pavel Nedved free kick, but ballooned it over the bar from seven yards. Morimoto spun round to hit the side-netting and in first half stoppages Buffon got a fingertip to the Jorge Martinez angled drive.

Buffon had done brilliantly up until the 52nd minute. He was caught off his line to push a Giuseppe Mascara looping header straight into the path of Japanese international Morimoto.

Moments later Mascara's corner found Baiocco's volley that clipped the upright at the near post.

Catania had a solid penalty shout for Marco Marchionni's handling offence as he went to stop Mascara, but the referee judged it to be involuntary. It seemed more hand to ball than the other way round.

Marchionni curled over, while Amauri combined with Nedved for a dipping shot palmed out of the far top corner. The Brazilian was holding the fort on his own against the Catania defence to ensure Juve weren't pinned back.

It proved decisive, as Juventus took the lead in stoppages! Amauri knocked down a corner for substitute Christian Poulsen to tap in thanks to a defensive error from Cristian Terlizzi.

Catania: Bizzarri; Potenza (Terlizzi 80), Silvestre, Stovini, Capuano (Martinez 33); Izco (Carboni 70), Baiocco, Biagianti, Tedesco; Morimoto, Mascara

Juventus: Buffon; Grygera, Mellberg, Legrottaglie, Molinaro; Camoranesi (Marchionni 50), Sissoko, Tiago (Poulsen 83), Nedved; Amauri, Iaquinta

Ref: Morganti

Sent off: Iaquinta 12 (J)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
....except Iaquinta. This had to be the the biggest, boneheaded one minute of pure STUPIDITY that I've seen the entire season. Fine, you scored a goal, you fucking idiot, but to do something that you know DAMN WELL will earn you a yellow card (and I think the rule is stupid myself, but rules are rules), is just plain idiotic !! As soon as he took his shirt off I thought to myself "oh great, now if he makes one bad move, he's off"...well, it only took one fucking minute !!!
I like Iaquinta and all, but i completely agree with Vinman here. It was one of the most stupid things i've seen in a while.

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
I must say that even though we won we were awefull and Ranieri`s decisions like putting a defensive midfielder Poulsen instead of a more attacking and more creative midfielder Tiago and not looking to win the game are really stupid altough it fortunately had paid off

I really think we need a better manager at least one who won`t make us being dominated by small teams like Catania Cagliari and Udinese (yes I know that we were in 10 men against Catania but I still don`t think we should be dominated by them) after all Inter got to 10 men a few rounds back and not only did they survived they doubled their lead if I`m not mistaken
my dear comrade, apart from 10 players we also had not fully fit and match ready Tiago and Camo. What do you want, to slaughter them on cameras? Nedved was playing great and linking well with Molinaro...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
after all Inter got to 10 men a few rounds back and not only did they survived they doubled their lead if I`m not mistaken
Inter were also very lucky on that match because they were also pressured the way we were and Catania also created many chances, just like they did against us. Catania's attackers should take all the blame for the defeats against Juve and Inter.

GrandePavel

Pavel The Czech Warrior
Aug 5, 2008
I really don't like Grygera. The weakst link in this team.
I agree he seems so unsure at the back. Grygera has played worse as the season as progressed whereas Molinaro has hugely improved since the start of the season. Hope Zebina is back soon but he never seems to be fit..................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)