[Serie A] Cagliari 2-0 Juventus, Nov 29th, 2009 (5 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
It might be too late for that after the Inter and Bayern games.

I can only hope that after the Bordeaux match our directors gave an ultimatum to Ferrara and they started looking for his replacement. We can tempt coaches from the smaller teams and if we can't find a great coach now, we can at least find someone who'll do a better job than Ferrara till the end of the season.
Any suggestions?

Buy on AliExpress.com
Feb 6, 2009
I dont know what to make of us at the moment. Either the players have no confidence or the messages arent getting through to the players from Ciro. Nevertheless i would not be surprised if Ciro is sacked within 48 hrs.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Good summary Andy, although your Caceres ratin is pretty harsh. The guy was our best defender today IMO.

It's definately true about the formation, and the signing of diego has definately given us more problems than i had predicted because its awkward to build a system around him. But i think we need to try the 4-3-3 with attacking wingers like this now:

--------------------Trezeguet
Giovinco---------------------------------Camoranesi
----------------Diego---Marchisio
---------------------Sissoko
Grosso----Chiellini---------Canna-------Caceres

---------------------Buffon

This is pretty much what chelsea played under Mourinho and Hiddink. Diego would have to play the 'Lampard role'. we clearly cant play football along the ground through the middle, like we are trying to, so we need to give this a go. We can play with width like we did the 4-4-2, its more secure because we have more players in the centre of the park and its flexible depending on the situation in the game.... I want to see this at least tested, it couldn't be any worse than the current shit
I like both what he wrote and you, and I think Diego is not half the player we expected him to be, Giovinco does the same (which is not good enough) and sometimes more

what we really need is players with winning mentality, and most importantly a manager with one
with Ranieri he had the spirit of Juve's pride in 07-08, and some of it was left in 08-09 plus Nedved and DP's individual magic with is undependable, but now we have a 2nd place mentality, and I am expecting a loss in the derby and I wouldn't rule out a CL early exit, Ferrara simply is still trying
I think we need an experienced manager, a full back, a heavy midfielder (something like Xabi Alonso and Essien who can do both attack and defend with ACCURATE passing) and young strikers, we have 4 above 30 for god's sake!

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
[hope not]I think they gave Ferrara this year to try himself in coaching and gain experience on the price of our pride : )
until Lippi is free[/hope not]

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I'm not exaggerating.... I seriously haven't seen Juve playing so bad and clueless in my entire life as a Juve fan.
And i've lived through the 1998/99 season, 2003/04 season or the seasons under Ranieri.

Never ever we were this bad and this clueless. Absolutely disgusting.
Even we played bad football with Ranieri but we can still get the result.. and we still have several good games. Under Ferrara, i didn't see any games we played superb other than Samp, Roma, and Atalanta game..

It might be too late for that after the Inter and Bayern games.

I can only hope that after the Bordeaux match our directors gave an ultimatum to Ferrara and they started looking for his replacement. We can tempt coaches from the smaller teams and if we can't find a great coach now, we can at least find someone who'll do a better job than Ferrara till the end of the season.
I do agree about changing coach but change coach before a Inter and Bayern game.. I don't know if it's a good or bad decision. And also who do you think the coach that available and feasible for us? Hiddink? I hope he want to take a new challenge in Calcio that he never experiencing before..

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Any suggestions?
Nope Dule. I'm afraid not.
I'm just an amateur, just a fan and I can't really evaluate the lesser known coaches and I can't predict how well they will do here.
But I have enough experience from watching football to notice that some smaller teams attack and defend with a plan (Napoli, Cagliari, Genoa). Of course, they have much much muuuuuch weaker players than Juve, and they can't do better than us and I have enough experience to notice that what we play is not football and that it can't possibly be worse than what we played on at least half the matches this year (away to Bayern, Palermo, Bordeaux, Cagliari, home with Napoli, Bologna). We were really bad even on some matches we won, like against Siena, Udinese, Maccabi.

The matches against Palermo, Bordeaux and Cagliari were some of the worst i've seen in the last decade.

And it's only November.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #348
    I'm just an amateur, just a fan and I can't really evaluate the lesser known coaches and I can't predict how well they will do here.
    But I have enough experience from watching football to notice that some smaller teams attack and defend with a plan (Napoli, Cagliari, Genoa). Of course, they have much much muuuuuch weaker players than Juve, and they can't do better than us and I have enough experience to notice that what we play is not football and that it can't possibly be worse than what we played on at least half the matches this year (away to Bayern, Palermo, Bordeaux, Cagliari, home with Napoli, Bologna). We were really bad even on some matches we won, like against Siena, Udinese, Maccabi.

The matches against Palermo, Bordeaux and Cagliari were some of the worst i've seen in the last decade.

And it's only November.
    One thing I noticed in the second half is how we receive the pass. A player passes the ball, the receiver takes the ball, stands still and then turns to pass it again. Why can't we receive balls when the players is moving? We never do. Isn't that a basic skill the players should be trained at?

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
    Good summary Andy, although your Caceres ratin is pretty harsh. The guy was our best defender today IMO.

It's definately true about the formation, and the signing of diego has definately given us more problems than i had predicted because its awkward to build a system around him. But i think we need to try the 4-3-3 with attacking wingers like this now:

--------------------Trezeguet
    Giovinco---------------------------------Camoranesi
    ----------------Diego---Marchisio
    ---------------------Sissoko
    Grosso----Chiellini---------Canna-------Caceres

---------------------Buffon

This is pretty much what chelsea played under Mourinho and Hiddink. Diego would have to play the 'Lampard role'. we clearly cant play football along the ground through the middle, like we are trying to, so we need to give this a go. We can play with width like we did the 4-4-2, its more secure because we have more players in the centre of the park and its flexible depending on the situation in the game.... I want to see this at least tested, it couldn't be any worse than the current shit
    Good formation, and balance.. Diego can be like Xavi a playmaker who distributed a ball or like Lampard a box-to-box midfield that can score a lot of goal. Marchisio also can support attack and defence well while Momo will stop all the opponent's play..

But the question is our squad doesn't have depth for this formation.. We can rotate Melo or Tiago with Marchisio and Momo with Poulsen, but with doesn't have a player who rotate with Diego.
    We also doesn't have any backup for Camo in RW and Gio in LW other than our primavera player like Esposito, Rossi or i f we can call back Iago. And where DP will play in that formation, and when all our attackers are fit, how we rotate them

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
    The players are not fit either, one wonders if they are not working on tactical aspects then at least they are working on physical ones but our players are always out muscled and are always the ones that get exhausted first. No matter who we play.
    Very true. We visibly tire out in the 2nd half. It's strange b/c Ciro made a big deal to publicize his new hard physical training in the pre-season.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    Good formation, and balance.. Diego can be like Xavi a playmaker who distributed a ball or like Lampard a box-to-box midfield that can score a lot of goal. Marchisio also can support attack and defence well while Momo will stop all the opponent's play..

But the question is our squad doesn't have depth for this formation.. We can rotate Melo or Tiago with Marchisio and Momo with Poulsen, but with doesn't have a player who rotate with Diego.
    We also doesn't have any backup for Camo in RW and Gio in LW other than our primavera player like Esposito, Rossi or i f we can call back Iago. And where DP will play in that formation, and when all our attackers are fit, how we rotate them
    Thats the thing, we've got no depth their, only lefty we have is Gio, i suppose worst case DP or DC could play there. On the Right of that we could rotate camo with IQ (The wingers act as almost wide forwards when attacking) or maybe sali if he is still alive. There isn't a Diego replacement i agree, but i think marchisio can be box to box with melo and sissokoas more traditional midfielders.. In fairness we've build such a ridiculous team there is not really a formation that suits us

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

And it's only November.
    Mazzari, Allegri, and Gasperini; right? Allegri His Cagliari team is pretty organized team. And we lost 2-3 at home last year to them too if i'm not wrong

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    We have no pace or width. You can't win without these things in this day and age.

Our forwards are slow and plodding and our only option on the wing is a smurf.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)