[Serie A] Cagliari 2-0 Juventus, Nov 29th, 2009 (8 Viewers)

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
I saw only the second half and I wished I didn't. We are continuing from where we started with no game plan, no ideas in attack, sloppiness, slow, predictable, full of mistakes and above all frustrated.

The only players that did something were Caceres and Chiellini, the rest were just horrible and above all, on top of all is our worst player this season BY FAR, Amauri.

I have no idea what does Ferrara do in training sessions but he obviously doesn't train the team. The players are not fit either, one wonders if they are not working on tactical aspects then at least they are working on physical ones but our players are always out muscled and are always the ones that get exhausted first. No matter who we play.

I am always against firing the coach in the middle of the season but with all respect to Ferrara (as a player), he should get the fuck out because he is obviously not the man for the job. Inter are eight points ahead of us and we are still in November. People want to wait until January, by then we will 15 points behind, in fifth position and out of the Champions League after a humiliation on our home turf against a crippled Bayern.
We are in deep shit that for the first time i agree with you, got nothing more to add.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I saw only the second half and I wished I didn't. We are continuing from where we started with no game plan, no ideas in attack, sloppiness, slow, predictable, full of mistakes and above all frustrated.

The only players that did something were Caceres and Chiellini, the rest were just horrible and above all, on top of all is our worst player this season BY FAR, Amauri.

I have no idea what does Ferrara do in training sessions but he obviously doesn't train the team. The players are not fit either, one wonders if they are not working on tactical aspects then at least they are working on physical ones but our players are always out muscled and are always the ones that get exhausted first. No matter who we play.

I am always against firing the coach in the middle of the season but with all respect to Ferrara (as a player), he should get the fuck out because he is obviously not the man for the job. Inter are eight points ahead of us and we are still in November. People want to wait until January, by then we will 15 points behind, in fifth position and out of the Champions League after a humiliation on our home turf against a crippled Bayern.
You really should be very glad you missed the first half if you think the 2nd half was bad!

Spot on post though, Ferrara is clearly clueless, he's more suited to being a coach who is told what to do, not a manager who decides what to do. I'm all for getting him, and i am a massive fan of your avatar, if he is available

Terrible.

Starting with Marchisio on the left, we all knew he couldn't, we have Giovinco who can, and Ciro plays Claudio. He isn't in the game, does jack shit for the time he is on and we're 1-0 down. Giovinco in the minutes he played did ten times more than anyone did on either flank. Then Camoranesi who was also awful, and nothing like what we saw a few weeks back. Very inconsistent.

In defense, Molinaro wasn't only what we expected, but much worse. Cagliari's pace highlighted the issues we will have with Cannavaro if he insists on going in for a challenge instead of holding back and we concede two (beautiful) goals, and I'm slightly reminded of Buffon vs Lecce last season.

Amauri produced a yellow card for himself, and was generally awful in everything he did. He thinks he's Maradona or something with the way he attempts to dribble past 3 defenders before scoring, and he can't make it past one of those bodies. He doesn't control the ball or try fancy footwork, but we see that Trezeguet offers the team so much more.

The amount of work Diego does around the area is really sad when nobody is pulling their thumb out. I expect him to get bashed for free kicks/wasting possession/whatever, and a little of it is deserved, but no way can he do it all himself. Del Piero came on and we saw a bit better, and we played our best football for the last 5 minutes when we were already 2-0 down. Him, Cáceres and Chiellini get pass marks.
:tup: 100% agree with everything in there. I think i would rather see Immobile start than Amauri, at least the kid will have some passion and wont just winge like a spoilt baby all match

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
I am a Ferrara fan... But what he's been doing lately is inexcusable.

1- Why play 3 x DM with 1 striker?
2- Why start Molinaro when you can start De Cegli?
3- Why play 1 striker when with all due respect we are playing cagliary?
4- Why not start Giovinco when not Del Piero is not even starting?
5- Why keep Cannavaro on the field when he is obviously having a bad day (ofcourse this is secondary to starting a bad formation)?
6- Why did the first sub come on the hour mark and the second one came with 10 min to go?
7- Why are the players not playing a simple football?
8- Why is it in every game we cannot maintain possession?
9- Why are our players not positioned well?
10- Why does the team look clueless whenever the ball is with us?
11- Why are we leaking goals?

And the list is long!!! I am amazed.. really I am..
I agree but sorry to say the players should have played much better then they are playing, look at the passing of Sissoko or totally Amauri, always offside or trying to do some tricks. ( he does nothing good at the moment)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm not exaggerating.... I seriously haven't seen Juve playing so bad and clueless in my entire life as a Juve fan.
And i've lived through the 1998/99 season, 2003/04 season or the seasons under Ranieri.

Never ever we were this bad and this clueless. Absolutely disgusting.

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
I don't usually miss Juve games no matter what but I missed this one and Bordeaux's (thank God)

Looking at the result after both games ruined my mood for the week, I have one request

could someone here tell me why we lost today in quick main points?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I don't usually miss Juve games no matter what but I missed this one and Bordeaux's (thank God)

Looking at the result after both games ruined my mood for the week, I have one request

we were out fought, out played and out managed. in summary...

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004

We went in the pitch without a plan, we had a weird combination of players in the midfield and it wasn't balanced at all, our main striker is in a very very bad shape and we don't have replacements, our best offensive player was on the bench (Gio) and as usual he was pushed in very very late, we are also in a bad physical shape and we need to get a new center back as well as a full back.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Even for more modest expectations, that was such a reality check, that was extremely hard to... "swallow".

I m afraid that if we keep Ciro, we will be wasting more than a year...
I still dont want him out just yet, but only when we find a decent coach!

Naggar

Bianconero
Sep 4, 2007
Makes you miss Ranieri's days, eh?
at least he managed to get us draws with such teams

wow, the scary Juventus is gone for good

8 Pts difference after the 14th week only, and looks like it's going to be 11 with an embarassing result.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, I can't defend Ciro Ferrara anymore. He has to go. The side is obviously in shambles and Ciro has run out of ideas to fix the problems. Marchisio on the left was doomed to fail, especially with Molinaro behind him, and pretty much every other dolt player we have not playing up to par. It almost seems that the players have also stopped caring, as if they already know the season is over. That's what rips me up the most, that apparently this side has lost all the heart it once had.

Clearly, as a club, we are not able to play decent attacking football, which is what Ciro originally wanted to do. After six straight years of playing lethargic, negative, pathetic and slow straight 4-4-2 football that consisted of mostly long balls, it has really destroyed our capability to step it up a level during tough matches, and has also made us dependent on that system. It's not unlike anything else in life where if you do something repeatedly for a number of years, it is difficult to break the habit. Just like dealing with alcoholism, you need people behind you that are strong individuals, able to support and force you in turning a new leaf. At Juventus, we have a bar with only two choices of drinks: one is the 4-4-2 long ball mixer, and the other is the Del Piero scotch. Unfortunately for us, we have been ordering the same drinks for years now, and we must break the habit. But the problem is, Ferrara is letting us sneak into the bar at night, becoming intoxicated all over again because of this dependency we have. He might not be a strong enough manager to lead us out of this drunken stupor.

Buffon - Not his fault. 6

Caceres - Mediocre in both areas of the game. 5.5

Cannavaro - Laughable. I hate your fucking guts. 3

Chiellini - Our best defender and still worked hard for the team with an apparent broken nose, but still makes silly errors with the ball. 6

Molinaro - Worst left-back in the league. 3

Sissoko - We might as well take him out after we go down a goal because this guy won't help us level. Send him down to the Primavera and teach him how to pass the ball and make smart decisions with it. 4.5

Poulsen - Did better than Sissoko but that's not saying anything. 6

Camoranesi - Certainly off form, not adding much besides reckless tackles and stupid yellows. 5

Diego - Put in some good balls but still not looking anything like the Diego from Bremen. Had a few shots but they were poor for his supposed class. 5.5

Marchisio - Added nothing, but that's to be expected, fielded out of position. 5

Amauri - Scored a goal but was offsides, should have done better there. Not much service but he still looks poor. 5.5

Del Piero - Very poor, still not ready to go as far as I'm concerned. 5

Giovinco - Only player we had to at least put some pressure on their flanks. Should have started. 6

Ferrara - If the team is losing its heart, you have to look here. Sorry Ciro. 0

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
that was what I was trying to say. but let's end the discussion here.'I'm just so dissapointed with our overal display. It's hard with these perfomances to defend our team:p
:tup:

I'm struggling to digest this performance, and this period of form. Its tough enough when we're unlucky, but when were just plain dreadful week in week out i cant comprehend it. The only good perfomance this season was against samp, and after that we were promised to be 'a team on the up' but we've never managed to replicate it... Its so hard to see the team like this....

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I m afraid that if we keep Ciro, we will be wasting more than a year...
I still dont want him out just yet, but only when we find a decent coach!
It might be too late for that after the Inter and Bayern games.

I can only hope that after the Bordeaux match our directors gave an ultimatum to Ferrara and they started looking for his replacement. We can tempt coaches from the smaller teams and if we can't find a great coach now, we can at least find someone who'll do a better job than Ferrara till the end of the season.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Well, I can't defend Ciro Ferrara anymore. He has to go. The side is obviously in shambles and Ciro has run out of ideas to fix the problems. Marchisio on the left was doomed to fail, especially with Molinaro behind him, and pretty much every other dolt player we have not playing up to par. It almost seems that the players have also stopped caring, as if they already know the season is over. That's what rips me up the most, that apparently this side has lost all the heart it once had.

Clearly, as a club, we are not able to play decent attacking football, which is what Ciro originally wanted to do. After six straight years of playing lethargic, negative, pathetic and slow straight 4-4-2 football that consisted of mostly long balls, it has really destroyed our capability to step it up a level during tough matches, and has also made us dependent on that system. It's not unlike anything else in life where if you do something repeatedly for a number of years, it is difficult to break the habit. Just like dealing with alcoholism, you need people behind you that are strong individuals, able to support and force you in turning a new leaf. At Juventus, we have a bar with only two choices of drinks: one is the 4-4-2 long ball mixer, and the other is the Del Piero scotch. Unfortunately for us, we have been ordering the same drinks for years now, and we must break the habit. But the problem is, Ferrara is letting us sneak into the bar at night, becoming intoxicated all over again because of this dependency we have. He might not be a strong enough manager to lead us out of this drunken stupor.

Buffon - Not his fault. 6

Caceres - Mediocre in both areas of the game. 5.5

Cannavaro - Laughable. I hate your fucking guts. 3

Chiellini - Our best defender and still worked hard for the team with an apparent broken nose, but still makes silly errors with the ball. 6

Molinaro - Worst left-back in the league. 3

Sissoko - We might as well take him out after we go down a goal because this guy won't help us level. Send him down to the Primavera and teach him how to pass the ball and make smart decisions with it. 4.5

Poulsen - Did better than Sissoko but that's not saying anything. 6

Camoranesi - Certainly off form, not adding much besides reckless tackles and stupid yellows. 5

Diego - Put in some good balls but still not looking anything like the Diego from Bremen. Had a few shots but they were poor for his supposed class. 5.5

Marchisio - Added nothing, but that's to be expected, fielded out of position. 5

Amauri - Scored a goal but was offsides, should have done better there. Not much service but he still looks poor. 5.5

Del Piero - Very poor, still not ready to go as far as I'm concerned. 5

Giovinco - Only player we had to at least put some pressure on their flanks. Should have started. 6

Ferrara - If the team is losing its heart, you have to look here. Sorry Ciro. 0

Good summary Andy, although your Caceres ratin is pretty harsh. The guy was our best defender today IMO.

It's definately true about the formation, and the signing of diego has definately given us more problems than i had predicted because its awkward to build a system around him. But i think we need to try the 4-3-3 with attacking wingers like this now:

--------------------Trezeguet
Giovinco---------------------------------Camoranesi
----------------Diego---Marchisio
---------------------Sissoko
Grosso----Chiellini---------Canna-------Caceres

---------------------Buffon

This is pretty much what chelsea played under Mourinho and Hiddink. Diego would have to play the 'Lampard role'. we clearly cant play football along the ground through the middle, like we are trying to, so we need to give this a go. We can play with width like we did the 4-4-2, its more secure because we have more players in the centre of the park and its flexible depending on the situation in the game.... I want to see this at least tested, it couldn't be any worse than the current shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)